Tideborn Developer Diary?

callam
callam Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2009 in General Discussion
Before Closed Beta for PWI, there were several developer diaries released which previewed all 3 races and gave information about the general gameplay of each class, along with their role in a squad.

My question is, will we get a developer diary for the Tideborn prior to release? I'd really like to see gameplay footage of them and some general information about the class' role in squad based gameplay.
IGN: Deimos
Faction: Modo
Level: 2X
Server: East, untill OB when I'll switch to EU
Guild: None for the moment.
Post edited by callam on

Comments

• RawrzWolf - Sanctuary
    RawrzWolf - Sanctuary Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I'm guessing that Assassin and Psychic are going to be plain DD'rs.

Really, I cant imagine them doing much else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • callam
    edited November 2009
    I also see assassins being pure DD's, but I'm not so sure on the psychic, hence why I'm wondering if we will get a developer diary previewing them.
  • ATHAXIS - Sanctuary
    ATHAXIS - Sanctuary Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    b:victory i would like to see the DD ^^ yay !! im w8ing 4 johnatan bellis to make the DD!!b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]b:cutemy xmas list!
    1.some powerfull weap. 4 my assasin and armors
    2.some verry extra mega giga rare wings 4 my assasin
    3.assasin clothes 4 my assasin
    4.1 tome +45 vit
    5.a nightfall mount
    6.1kkkk atk charms
    7.a all class pet that will look like a grim ripper!
    8.a bigger x mas list
    9.some rare chat emoticons
    10.a lvl 50 assasin
    b:dirty
  • callam
    edited November 2009
    With the rumoured release date (according to MMORPG.com) being 9th December, if one were to be made/posted I'd hope it would be out within the next week. o.o
  • RawrzWolf - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Maybe the Psychics will overpower the Wizards in their DDing skills?

b:shocked

Assassin > Blademaster b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • callam
    edited November 2009
    I appreciate you posting here, but I'd rather we talk about the possibility of a developer diary and what it could contain. There are already threads for the discussion of Tideborn vs every other race. :P
  • Collapse - Harshlands
    Collapse - Harshlands Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Ya a diary would be nice but they kinda already gave an overview on the expansion page on the site. From the information collected there you can infer what the classes role will be. The Psychic has room for debate tho, alot of people think it will be a DD like wiz, but i think its more of an assist class with its charm tick reduction/ increase skills (I can see one being assigned to every cata puller in TW to increase survivability).
    Currently playing : |||| Waiting for:
    Allods |||||| G.W.2
    GW
    Bloodline Champions
  • RawrzWolf - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    callam wrote: »
    I appreciate you posting here, but I'd rather we talk about the possibility of a developer diary and what it could contain. There are already threads for the discussion of Tideborn vs every other race. :P

Well in that case.. I have no idea b:victory
    Maybe a GM will come by this thread and post something helpful b:avoid *nudge nudge*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • callam
    edited November 2009
    RawrzWolf wrote:
    Maybe a GM will come by this thread and post something helpful *nudge nudge*

I hope so. I've also got some ideas that could be in the diary:

~ Race information/history
    ~ Class information, solo/squad ability
    ~ Overview of the new areas?
    ~ Possible footage of the Temple of Nirvana?

I understand that there is alot of information about the expansion on the site, but there was class information on the site for the other 3 races pre-closed beta, plus a developer diary for each. So I think it's only fair that we get a developer diary for the Tideborn. *begs* @_@

EDIT: For those who haven't seen the dev diaries for the other races, they are on this page. I recommend you take a look and see what sort of information they gave prior to the games release, because they were rather nice. ^_^
  • MrMelvin - Heavens Tear_1313879320
    edited November 2009
    The way that I see it is..

Assassin will be like a stronger version of a fist user with less crit because of more strength based weapons rather than dex.

Psychic will be maybe like a wizard but dealing in mostly water or wood damage since they are an underwater race. Dont ask me why I said wood but maybe because the wood damage delt by venos is kinda low.
    DrMelvin: Level 90 Cleric > Retired
    MrMelvin: Level 8X British Wizard > Active And Owning

b:victory

For Corn: One corn to rule them all and in the darkness cream them b:shocked (That should be your sig dude!)
  • callam
    edited November 2009
    Once again I ask that the discussion goes back to the possibility of a developer diary. I'd rather have a GM respond to the discussion rather than to lock the thread. :/
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    callam wrote: »
    Before Closed Beta for PWI, there were several developer diaries released which previewed all 3 races and gave information about the general gameplay of each class, along with their role in a squad.

My question is, will we get a developer diary for the Tideborn prior to release? I'd really like to see gameplay footage of them and some general information about the class' role in squad based gameplay.
    We dont even get a open beta....whats to say thers gonna be a diary? ;/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I haven't heard about any dev diaries coming out for this expansion, but we'll keep you posted on more previews when we have new information to offer.
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    We dont even get a open beta....whats to say thers gonna be a diary? ;/

Wishful thinking....
    b:dirty
  • callam
    edited November 2009
    Thanks for the reply, I hope one does come out though. I remember how the last 2 expansions got proper video trailers and not just a story. -.-'

Ask for a dev diary plox! >.<