Legend or...

infinitebluesky
infinitebluesky Posts: 4 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Archer
Hello,i would like to know if is truth that at high lvls an archer (whit a good equip) can 1 - 2 shoot any class. b:dirty
Just that,sorry for the spam b:surrender
Post edited by infinitebluesky on

Comments

• Whadafak - Harshlands
    Whadafak - Harshlands Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    you are either stupid or sarcastic.
    archers suck endgame. only if you get 8jun and high refines are you really a factor. archers play catch up to all the classes even with a CV bow +8
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    yes they can. what are you waiting for? go oracle to 100 fast fast!!
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    archers suck endgame. only if you get 8jun and high refines are you really a factor. archers play catch up to all the classes even with a CV bow +8
    this isnt true nor is the 1-2 shotting any class. theyre a pretty well rounded pvp class, and if you know how to use one you can be deadly, (look at PK ranking most of em are archers)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • denesis
    denesis Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Hello,i would like to know if is truth that at high lvls an archer (whit a good equip) can 1 - 2 shoot any class. b:dirty

Are u serious?
    And yea archers suck endgame. things are only gettting better if they get some demon skillsb:laugh
    THE GAME IS DEAD b:byeb:byeb:bye
  • Hellsarcher - Harshlands
    Hellsarcher - Harshlands Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    this isnt true nor is the 1-2 shotting any class. theyre a pretty well rounded pvp class, and if you know how to use one you can be deadly, (look at PK ranking most of em are archers)

i can name at least 20 of them who picked on ppl lower then them or used to rpk in sp.
  • Kireina - Dreamweaver
    Kireina - Dreamweaver Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    denesis wrote: »
    Are u serious?
    And yea archers suck endgame. things are only gettting better if they get some demon skillsb:laugh

Uhm, idk what you consider endgame denesis, but it's definitely not before 90. so any endgame Archer would have demon skills unless they're exceptionally poor and lazy. But being poor/lazy is a choice. I'd say Archers are pretty good endgame, go look up YouTube videos by Transcend, she kicks **** in TW. Archers are still an excellent counter against Venos/Wiz/Clerics and BMs to a certain extent.
    [SIGPIC]lol[/SIGPIC]
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    transcend also has nice gear. give me any other class with that gear and I can do 5x better. actually you could give my mage that cv bow and it would somehow out perform an archer.
  • Kireina - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    transcend also has nice gear. give me any other class with that gear and I can do 5x better. actually you could give my mage that cv bow and it would somehow out perform an archer.

I'm pretty certain that she fights people with equivalent gear, judging by her videos. Tell me why exactly another class would be better? Judging from the TWs I've been in, I'm pretty sure that the top scorers are Archers and Venos. I'm not really sure how Robes would defend themselves against Stuns, debuffs and getting 2-3 hit.

Lol @ give my mage a CV bow. Yeah, great idea, how about we give my Archer some Wiz spells while we're at it.
    [SIGPIC]lol[/SIGPIC]
  • Whadafak - Harshlands
    edited November 2009
    I'm pretty certain that she fights people with equivalent gear, judging by her videos. Tell me why exactly another class would be better? Judging from the TWs I've been in, I'm pretty sure that the top scorers are Archers and Venos. I'm not really sure how Robes would defend themselves against Stuns, debuffs and getting 2-3 hit.

Lol @ give my mage a CV bow. Yeah, great idea, how about we give my Archer some Wiz spells while we're at it.

U dumb? We are not judging by videos. We are judging from experience.
    TWs are mostly gank fests. Archers would be great at that ofc.
    But one on one or in regular PK with same or lower level classes, archers fail.
    That's why I quit my archer, not willing to spend loads of money on refines to catch up.
    and I was a high 9x archer. Not some 8x archer...
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited November 2009

im curious, how many other classes have you played?
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Kireina - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    That's why I quit my archer, not willing to spend loads of money on refines to catch up.

I don't really care for duels and PKing is rare in a PvE environment, not to mention free world PKing is a gank fest as well, so I'm not sure what isn't outside duels. So for TW, Archers are great. And your level really doesn't matter in terms of how good you once were. High 9x-s with mediocre gear can still fall to high 8x-es, even 1on1.

Ultimately, these types of games depend a lot on luck and gear refining regardless. Even if you were to be of equal knowledge against someone exactly the same class/level, a lucky crit or a way more powerful weapon will most likely decide the outcome.
    U dumb?

Let's keep it civilized if you desire civilized answers in response, shall we?
    [SIGPIC]lol[/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    lol i was asking devoted...cuz i know she had a bm of fairly high level but didnt know a wiz as well
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Whadafak - Harshlands
    edited November 2009
    I don't really care for duels and PKing is rare in a PvE environment, not to mention free world PKing is a gank fest as well, so I'm not sure what isn't outside duels. So for TW, Archers are great. And your level really doesn't matter in terms of how good you once were. High 9x-s with mediocre gear can still fall to high 8x-es, even 1on1.

Ultimately, these types of games depend a lot on luck and gear refining regardless. Even if you were to be of equal knowledge against someone exactly the same class/level, a lucky crit or a way more powerful weapon will most likely decide the outcome.

Let's keep it civilized if you desire civilized answers in response, shall we?

sry. as much as i would like, my whole existence is not civilized. i mean, look at my name.
    anyways, you just proved my point. you said high 9x with mediocre gear can fail to 8x. That's how much archers suck. no other class will fail that bad. archers are one of the most gear dependent classes. i mean, they neeeed crazy refines to stand a chance. And pretty much a rank8 to become the oh so praised "OP" class.
  • Trista_Zel - Dreamweaver
    Trista_Zel - Dreamweaver Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited November 2009

It's true.

With GM gear. b:chuckle
    Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality.
  • Kireina - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    sry. as much as i would like, my whole existence is not civilized. i mean, look at my name.
    anyways, you just proved my point. you said high 9x with mediocre gear can fail to 8x. That's how much archers suck. no other class will fail that bad. archers are one of the most gear dependent classes. i mean, they neeeed crazy refines to stand a chance. And pretty much a rank8 to become the oh so praised "OP" class.

I meant any class, not just Archers, killed a 101 BM after he killed me;

2e4ci9l.jpg

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/rank/dreamweaver.

ye, arcer suk menz. hh
    [SIGPIC]lol[/SIGPIC]
  • Whadafak - Harshlands
    edited November 2009
    I meant any class, not just Archers, killed a 101 BM after he killed me;

2e4ci9l.jpg

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/rank/dreamweaver.

ye, arcer suk menz. hh

sorry, but i don't think that has any relevance. the screenshot isn't even a good one. and like i said earlier, TW doesn't count <---gankbang
  • Kireina - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    sorry, but i don't think that has any relevance. the screenshot isn't even a good one. and like i said earlier, TW doesn't count <---gankbang

so is PKing. Also, the only way it would be truly fair 1v1 is if you would PK without sneaking up on people. But I assume you're not like "Hello there sir, as you may or may not have noticed I have a red name, prepare yourself now so we can duel to the death!"

So yeah unless you can prove me otherwise, PK is just a sneak/gangbang fest. In TW people are at least prepared.
    [SIGPIC]lol[/SIGPIC]
  • denesis
    denesis Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Uhm, idk what you consider endgame denesis, but it's definitely not before 90. so any endgame Archer would have demon skills unless they're exceptionally poor and lazy. But being poor/lazy is a choice. I'd say Archers are pretty good endgame, go look up YouTube videos by Transcend, she kicks **** in TW. Archers are still an excellent counter against Venos/Wiz/Clerics and BMs to a certain extent.

Endgame is lvl100++ and those demon skills are not so easy to obtain for non-cser.Archers without demon skills(like stun, quickshot,sta...) suck- and thats true.
    THE GAME IS DEAD b:byeb:byeb:bye
  • infinitebluesky
    edited November 2009
    Hi,first i would like to say thanks to everyone who answered my question.b:pleased

Now,i asked that beacause i have a Bm but i'm not able to raise both (archer and bm),so i must take a decision. I don't play this game just thinking about "endgame",i don't even know if i'll reach that point, but i belive that high lvl (80+) can be done.
    Well i was planning to give up archer because the slow levelling (whit the bm i got 6 lvls in 4 hours,from 33 to 39 whitout aoe than...) but after this video
    http://www.youtube.com/user/transcendpw?blend=1&ob=4 i change my mind.
    I saw many video of bm in pvp,they all look like "spam the skill,nothing else",quite boring... but the archer pvp is "skill,run,fly,action",this look FUN!!!
    Hope to not start a flame, thanks again to you all b:bye
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    BM cant do much in PVP by themselves, theyre all heavily reliant on genies/multiple weapons lol. in fact its been said on their own forums, their genies kill more people than their axes do :P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Whadafak - Harshlands
    edited November 2009
    so is PKing. Also, the only way it would be truly fair 1v1 is if you would PK without sneaking up on people. But I assume you're not like "Hello there sir, as you may or may not have noticed I have a red name, prepare yourself now so we can duel to the death!"

So yeah unless you can prove me otherwise, PK is just a sneak/gangbang fest. In TW people are at least prepared.

i see your point, but i'm not talking about lowbie pk. i'm talking about the one where two enemies are lets say outside armies camp, one dies, one keeps coming back, not a gank fest in the least.
  • Kireina - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Hi,first i would like to say thanks to everyone who answered my question.b:pleased

Now,i asked that beacause i have a Bm but i'm not able to raise both (archer and bm),so i must take a decision. I don't play this game just thinking about "endgame",i don't even know if i'll reach that point, but i belive that high lvl (80+) can be done.
    Well i was planning to give up archer because the slow levelling (whit the bm i got 6 lvls in 4 hours,from 33 to 39 whitout aoe than...) but after this video
    http://www.youtube.com/user/transcendpw?blend=1&ob=4 i change my mind.
    I saw many video of bm in pvp,they all look like "spam the skill,nothing else",quite boring... but the archer pvp is "skill,run,fly,action",this look FUN!!!
    Hope to not start a flame, thanks again to you all b:bye

Why would Archer level that much slower during the 30s? It's all quests, which are usually "talk to npc __".
    [SIGPIC]lol[/SIGPIC]
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited November 2009

before we continue on. could you please post on your 9x archer instead of that **** lvl 1 that no one respects.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • infinitebluesky
    edited November 2009
    Why would Archer level that much slower during the 30s? It's all quests, which are usually "talk to npc __".

Well that was a "strategy".I used the archer during weekend and,as you know,there was the x2 exp. So,i prefer to kill monsters for the quests (when a quest say "kill 50 of that,or 30 quest items on that monster) and finish them during the week,when the exp rate is normal.
    In this way i get more exp (while grinding) and more exp too while it is at the normal rate (from the load of quests not ended).
    When i said "6 lvls in 4 hours" i was talking about that,the lvls are all from killing mobs and the bm kill faster than an archer (as a saw at 3x,dunno what can happ after, i'm new of pwi).
    By the way,as said,i'll try whit the archer anyway...wish me good luck lolb:laugh
  • Kireina - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Well that was a "strategy".I used the archer during weekend and,as you know,there was the x2 exp. So,i prefer to kill monsters for the quests (when a quest say "kill 50 of that,or 30 quest items on that monster) and finish them during the week,when the exp rate is normal.
    In this way i get more exp (while grinding) and more exp too while it is at the normal rate (from the load of quests not ended).
    When i said "6 lvls in 4 hours" i was talking about that,the lvls are all from killing mobs and the bm kill faster than an archer (as a saw at 3x,dunno what can happ after, i'm new of pwi).
    By the way,as said,i'll try whit the archer anyway...wish me good luck lolb:laugh

Ah, I see. I never had the luxury of 2x event during my 30s b:chuckle Good luck on leveling.
    [SIGPIC]lol[/SIGPIC]
  • Whadafak - Harshlands
    edited November 2009
    before we continue on. could you please post on your 9x archer instead of that **** lvl 1 that no one respects.
    Wadafack?? don't call this ****.
    You think ppl respect You cause you post on a **** lvl100? lol
    too bad i'm banned. lulz. even if i wasn't, why the **** would i post on my main just for you
  • Kireina - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Wadafack?? don't call this ****.
    You think ppl respect You cause you post on a **** lvl100? lol
    too bad i'm banned. lulz. even if i wasn't, why the **** would i post on my main just for you

Because any noob can just come in here and claim how their lv9000 archer got one hit by a lv60 bm to enforce their "point" on how bad Archers are.
    [SIGPIC]lol[/SIGPIC]
  • Whadafak - Harshlands
    edited November 2009
    Because any noob can just come in here and claim how their lv9000 archer got one hit by a lv60 bm to enforce their "point" on how bad Archers are.

that's besides the point,
    even if i was a noob, which i'm not (look at your level lol), majority of high level archers would agree with me that archers suck endgame without high refines.
  • Archers_Soul - Lost City
    Archers_Soul - Lost City Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited November 2009

dont be a biitch... he's just wants some answers asking a damn question so gtfo you troll.
    I don't care how old or young you are, how small your **** is, how much of a nerd irl you are or how depressed you are that you never will get laid. There is no reason to act like an A-hole to everyone on an mmorpg. Its a shame that I have to take time out of my day to tell people "stop being an A-hole". So I end with this, if your acting like an A-hole, and some one tells you your being an A-hole chances are your being an A-hole.
  • Archers_Soul - Lost City
    Archers_Soul - Lost City Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    imo i think at end game archers are more a support damage class rather than killing machines like they are in their golden lvls. with their metal decrease a cleric can kill opponents much easier. that annoying **** paralize we have is good for pk parties. that HP decrease is good for people to finish off what you just debuffed =p. just overall imo we are best for giving pk parties that lil extra push in dmg without doing much ourselves.
    I don't care how old or young you are, how small your **** is, how much of a nerd irl you are or how depressed you are that you never will get laid. There is no reason to act like an A-hole to everyone on an mmorpg. Its a shame that I have to take time out of my day to tell people "stop being an A-hole". So I end with this, if your acting like an A-hole, and some one tells you your being an A-hole chances are your being an A-hole.