Account Activation's are down?

adania666
adania666 Posts: 39 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Support Desk
Hi all, this thread is on behalf of a friend trying to register. He tried on Friday, but after clicking confirmation link on email, got error message and told to send ticket. Sent it on friday and still no reply 4 days later.

So, i thought i would try re-register for him now on monday, and ive now gotten the error message too.

Are account activations down or something? and the 4 day wait for even a "we have received your message" is a tad tardy.

Gm reply would be great.

Thanks.
Post edited by adania666 on

Comments

• LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    GMs dont work weekends.

Also,
    friday = 1/2 day
    sat = 1 day
    sun = 1 day
    mon = 1/2 day
    total = 3 days

So, I dont see how your friend waited 4 days, as Monday isnt even over, and I doubt he sent it 12:01am Friday.

ps. Is the issue related to this? http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=522532
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • adania666
    edited November 2009
    Well, we are from GMT so it would have been 12:01am or close to it friday.

Also the other thread is not involved, this is with a hotmail account, not a gmail one :)

But fair dues, they dont work weekends which explains the no-reply to ticket. Although i think they should set up an auto-reply system to let you know your ticket atleast got through.

And the main point remains, is the activation system down?
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    As soon as you make your account, you should get the new account welcome email eventually.

You can login to the game right after the registration web page says you are registered. (Sometimes this can take 10-20 seconds)

We just tested it by making a new account, and then immediately logging in to play.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • adania666
    edited November 2009
    Lemme take you through it step by step darth.

Register on PW site.

Goto email and click the link the "activate your new account".

Type in secret question, click submit.

And then get error message as follows..

Our sincerest apologies, there was an error activating your account. Please send a ticket with your account name and email address through the PWE support ticketing system at http://support.perfectworld.com/ticketing.

P.S. this is with two seperate accounts, two seperate computers and two seperate emails. So i dont know why you can and we cant :)
  • adania666
    edited November 2009
    Ok, just tried this again. and this time a different email (yahoo.com)

Exactly the same problem. Error message at the last stage of activation.

Can someone outside of the UK try to create a new account and see if its localized here?
This discussion has been closed.