bug with a quest

jimmysgirlxx
jimmysgirlxx Posts: 2 Arc User
edited November 2009 in General Discussion
not sure if this is already known or not but doing the quest where u need to get all the items to make ur slots bigger

it directs u to the wrong place and has the wrong name of the banker to get to

we found him in the end tho but he has a different name and is in a different place too!

hope i posted in the right place

xiahh
Post edited by jimmysgirlxx on

Comments

• FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Thought you could just turn it in at any banker?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Tiaque - Sanctuary
    Tiaque - Sanctuary Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    You can turn it into any banker....however, for some reason, the autopathing directs you to the banker in 1k streams, not the nearest banker. I think it's a bug with the autopathing, not with the quest.
    "In the end, its not about LA vs robe - which is better? Its about knowing your character and how to play it." ~Blosque, Sanctuary

Director of Tsunami
    Contact me in-game if you're looking for a new home!

Ayjia (5x veno), Celys (4x full support cleric), Eirel (3x claw blademaster)
  • Sehkmaa - Lost City
    Sehkmaa - Lost City Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    OK then do you have any idea why I am unable to turn it in to any banker. None of the ones I have tried will take it???
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    do you have the required materials in your inventory?
    b:puzzled
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Keep in mind that those banker quests are purely optional and are not necessary to complete during leveling. This is a necro but I'll leave it open for your responseb:victory
    edited November 2009
    Awe I was hoping to catch the Spoons participating in a necro . . .

But yes, please make absolutely certain that all of the items are in your inventory not your bank. You can tell if you are ready if you 'track' the quest and all of the item requirements show up green.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sehkmaa - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Yes all the items are in my inventory and yes I know that it's optional. I have tried 3 different bankers with no success. My last toons were able to do this quest with no problems but they were on LC.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    hmm try trashing the quest and getting it again from the banker?
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I would turn in the quest to the exact same NPC that you received it fromb:victory
  • ragnawind1
    ragnawind1 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    On the Harshland Server, at least, I was only able to complete the quest by going to the Banker in the Thousand Streams. No other Banker would take it.
    edited November 2009
    hmm try trashing the quest and getting it again from the banker?

If the OP is certain he/she has all the items in their inventory - this would be my suggestion as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I thought that you could take the quest at any banker, but you then need to go back to the banker you took it at to turn it in? (And autopathing takes you to the ends of the earth instead)

I'm pretty sure it's safe to trash the quest, and then re-take it at the nearest banker.
  • Sehkmaa - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    I just tried the original banker and that was a no go.
    If I trash it are you sure that I can pick it up again???
  • Fallen_Grace - Dreamweaver
    Fallen_Grace - Dreamweaver Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Yes if you trash it you will be able to pick it just like before. It has happened to me on several chars, trash and re take.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    If, for some reason, you bought a expension stone and used it, the banker will no longer accept any of the "free expansion" quests, even if you had already picked it up.

Make sure you do all your "free expansions" before using a expansion stone from Cash Shop. The same applies to the pet bag slots quests, if you use a cage, you will not longer be able to turn in the quests to get free expansions.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Devil_Vergil - Lost City
    Devil_Vergil - Lost City Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    ive seen this a million times on other posts...u can get and take back to ANY banker..but for sum reason one of the bankers (not sure which) kinda bugs and screws the whole thing up and u can only turn it back in to him..only thing is he disapears or sumthing...JUST TRASH IT AND RETAKE IT FROM A BANKER at a major city like archosaur or etherblade for example.

AGAIN this is just what i have read over and over from people havin this similar problem
  • Sehkmaa - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    I haven't bought any stones so that's not it.
    I trashed it and retook it but nothing. Do I need to retake it until it works? I'm in Arch btw.