reputation points

Options
DrunkWizard - Lost City
DrunkWizard - Lost City Posts: 523 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Chronicles
any way to get those fast im still rank II with1501 repu @.@ i cant spam one man army like theres no tommoro due than im wiz i die too muchie b:surrender

i have 25 quest to do but thats just 80 or so repu >_<
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by DrunkWizard - Lost City on

Comments

• AinaMizuako - Sanctuary
    AinaMizuako - Sanctuary Posts: 1,041 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I dunno, I got R2 without farming for it really.. I helped out on a lot of FBs though, so if you're in a faction where people need help I would suggest just tagging along or hanging around fb19.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    oh look, i'm inactive again.

b> leviciti b:cry
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    You will always be behind in terms of Rep versus level requirement for Rank gear.

If you want to spam rep...do your quests, one-man armies, live in FB's, wraith tags....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    you can always buy rep *shrug*
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    do one man armies....with 2 others.
    b:chuckle
    make it into a zhen session lols.
    xD
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    There are really only 2 ways to seriously get enough rep:

1) Become an FB junkie
    2) Grind/Farm/Trade for money, then buy Wraith Badges

Normally, rep sells for about 10k per point, but during the Anniversary Pack sales it's about 5k per point if you buy Tokens and make the Wraith Badges yourself, making option #2 currently the better choice.

For example, you could farm for an hour and earn 500k (assuming you've got a fast mount and an established farming route), which would then buy you 100 rep.

As for 1-Man Army/Justice Quest/etc... they're really just minor little bonuses, and not serious sources of rep. For example, it would take about 35 1-Man Army+Justice Quest combos to equal just 1 hour of farming.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Lu_ - Heavens Tear
    Lu_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I Agree with that!
  • Cholla - Harshlands
    Cholla - Harshlands Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    There are really only 2 ways to seriously get enough rep:

1) Become an FB junkie
    2) Grind/Farm/Trade for money, then buy Wraith Badges

Normally, rep sells for about 10k per point, but during the Anniversary Pack sales it's about 5k per point if you buy Tokens and make the Wraith Badges yourself, making option #2 currently the better choice.

For example, you could farm for an hour and earn 500k (assuming you've got a fast mount and an established farming route), which would then buy you 100 rep.

As for 1-Man Army/Justice Quest/etc... they're really just minor little bonuses, and not serious sources of rep. For example, it would take about 35 1-Man Army+Justice Quest combos to equal just 1 hour of farming.

You have assumed, here, that tokens cost 15625 coins. But for example in harshlands, people buy tokens, in bulk for significantly higher than that (and I imagine gold sells for higher than in sanctuary). Currently, on harshlands, using 500k/hour like that would get you maybe 67-ish rep per hour.

Meanwhile, an hour of jq + oma on a 2x weekend can get you something 500k-ish coins, depending on your luck with drops, and 11-ish rep and 220k-ish exps and 44k-ish spirit

Or, an hour of solo grinding in valley of disaster on a 2x weekend might get you a half dozen darkness stamps, a similar amount of coins and a comparable amount of exps and spirits. Again, depending on your luck (and assuming you are the right level and are geared for it and know how and so on...).

(Hint: they have anti-farming code in this game which reduces combat drops when you do too much of one thing, so if you are bored because you keep doing the same thing you might be hurting your drop chances.)
  • Magicsaber - Dreamweaver
    Magicsaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    You will always be behind in terms of Rep versus level requirement for Rank gear.

If you want to spam rep...do your quests, one-man armies, live in FB's, wraith tags....
    Is it worth it ?
    (To buy or to farm reputation.)

How much total it will cost (if you will buy it) ?
    ... Currently, on harshlands, using 500k/hour like that would get you maybe 67-ish rep per hour....
    any way to get those fast im still rank II with1501 repu ...

For example, for 3 rank:
    ((2500-1501)/67)*500,000 coins= 7 455 223 coins.
    For 4 rank:
    ((5000-1501)/67)*500,000 coins= 26 111 940 coins.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    any way to get those fast im still rank II with1501 repu @.@ i cant spam one man army like theres no tommoro due than im wiz i die too muchie b:surrender

i have 25 quest to do but thats just 80 or so repu >_<

Choose a language, and try to master it.

RedMenace
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • VashtaNerada - Dreamweaver
    VashtaNerada - Dreamweaver Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    This may not work for everyone, but during the double weekend I ran through a couple of fbs solo and just avoided the bosses. Darkness stamps were dropping like candy in some of them.
    - The Gaming Gearhead

My hero:[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    This may not work for everyone, but during the double weekend I ran through a couple of fbs solo and just avoided the bosses. Darkness stamps were dropping like candy in some of them.

Oh yeah, if you're in range to get darkness stamps at all, they were dropping like crazy. FB59 is always good for stamps, but this was just silly.
This discussion has been closed.