Something I Found Funny...

Options
IDaun - Dreamweaver
IDaun - Dreamweaver Posts: 261 Arc User
edited November 2009 in General Discussion
I was pretty bored last night, so I decided to look up "Perfect World International" on Gamespot (and follow the 'critic' links around if there were any.) And I found this little gem.
I've played PW for a few hundred hours, all I can say is it's a total waste of time.

The graphics are poor, design of lots of things is just ugly, lots of the stuff looks the same. The terrain is really terrible, at night there's no moon or stars which makes no sense. The sound of PW is pretty annoying, soon after you start playing the music keeps repeating and stopping at random times, it pretty much sucks.
-Gameplay-
When I first started playing PW I thought it was okay. After about 30 levels quests start getting harder, soon you can barely even kill 1-3 mobs without having to rest or use pots which cost a ton. Around level 50 you pretty much can't do anything, the FB(dungeon) quests are extremely hard, the first one at level 19 is fairly easy, the third one at 39 you'll probably need at least a few level 60+'s, and the fourth one at level 49 you'll probably need a level 70/80ish to do, so pretty much they're impossible to do if the server just started. Most of the quests are just grinding forever and make you teleport around all day(which costs a ton of money)
The PvP in PW is one of the worst ever done, you'll sit there forever trying to kill 1 guy unless you gang bang him.
The classes of PW are very unbalanced, priests can own people in PvP, and warriors pretty much suck and have to use tons of pots to solo, werebeasts have too much HP, archers just suck, werefoxes(pet class) is too good for soloing cause you just sit there and do nothing, and you can make a ton of money just by selling pets plus you will hardly have to use any pots.

If no one wanted to read that wall of text-- his main complaints are...
The game has sucky graphics.
My timezone doesn't match up with TW time and I can't get into a good TW faction.
Stop putting fees up for teleporting!
Barbs have too much HP-- QQQQQ
At level 30 I need to pot or meditate every 1~3 mobs!
At level 50 the mobs are too hard to do! D:
There's no moon!
FB51 needs level 70s~80s-- it's impossible with a group your level!
b:chuckle

Link: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/perfectworld/player_review.html?id=602730&tag=player-reviews;continue

And people wonder why there's less new players... b:shutup

Oooh, and if this is against forum rules, sorry. >>
Post edited by IDaun - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    hehe, someone should find out his in game name :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    Hisuna - Sanctuary Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Sounds to me like the guy got to level 30, oracle'd to somewhere between 50 and 60 and gave up, having really known absolutely nothing about the game.

Probably played on a pvp server as well and got killed a lot, but couldn't kill anybody himself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The family is a haven in a heartless world.
    Once a Guardian, Always a Guardian. Element: Fire.
  • oxytorch
    oxytorch Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    On the gamespot page he put Difficulty: Very Easy.. then QQ bout how hard it was lol b:victory
    b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry We love this game STOP RUINING IT !! b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry

"Sometimes the strongest are the ones that walk away . Enough is Enough ".
  • Magicsaber - Dreamweaver
    Magicsaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Everyone has his opinion:
    http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/perfectworld/player_review.html?id=602666&tag=player-reviews;continue
    After playing this game for about 20~40 hours I must say that this is one of the best "Free to Play" game I have played.

Graphics

The graphic in this game is amazing, much better than It is almost comparable to ***'s graphics. Another positive thing about the graphics is that even if you don't have the best graphics card in the world it still looks great. I have been playing it on my laptop on low settings, but the graphic still looks amazing and runs very smooth.

Gameplay

The game play is very similar to , this is not a typical Asian MMO. It offers hundreds of quests and offers a really cool skill system. Also, the PVP in this game is massive, you can actually take control over certain territories on the map and supports up to 80 vs. 80 battle grounds.

Value

All I have to say is that the game is FREE...

About PvP ...
    I prefer PvE, so I am at PvE server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IDaun - Dreamweaver
    IDaun - Dreamweaver Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I'm not saying everyone gave bad reviews, and a couple of the bad reviews had good points-- just this one, I laughed when I read it.

I think I started laughing around the 'barbs have too much HP part', but I found the rest of it pretty funny. xD

Just wanted to share. >>
  • Siege - Dreamweaver
    Siege - Dreamweaver Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I'm not saying everyone gave bad reviews, and a couple of the bad reviews had good points-- just this one, I laughed when I read it.

I think I started laughing around the 'barbs have too much HP part', but I found the rest of it pretty funny. xD

Just wanted to share. >>

The part that I lol'd at the most is "There's no moon wtf!" Never trust a critic that can't see a big shiny round object appear in the sky at night and oh noes no stars! QQ!

Better yet never trust a critic that says Archers suck in PvP.
  • masterfu2
    masterfu2 Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Hi there, the little review that you found is sooo funny xD

This player is saying that the graphics that are in pwi sucks and he can't see the moon or stars for example. Lol, i think he doesn't have a good computer to run the game(things like good graphics card, CPU...etc) and i don't think this player have really seen what this game really looks like when everything is set on maximum. This player also said the FB dungeons are hard and its hard to find people to help him or her. Well, all i can say about this is bullshet. Its very easy to find high level people to help you with your call of duty quests because they can earn free xp and whatnot.

All i can say about this player is that he or she is a immature little cry baby who doesn't know what he or she is talking about.

Good job finding funny articles like this and share with everybody xD

P.S. if any of you people reading my reply and saw grammar mistakes, then sorry i wasn't born in America and i'm still learning English >.>

b:laughb:chuckle
    hi :3
  • TheGodOfVVar - Sanctuary
    TheGodOfVVar - Sanctuary Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Wait, that big thing in the sky is the moon? I always thought it was a big wheel of cheese. b:victory
  • Lairian - Sanctuary
    Lairian - Sanctuary Posts: 8,209 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I think this would be the "complains to see his own posts" type of person. That, and he probably just really, really sucks at games. The no moon thing stood out at me in particular. Plus, the fact that a person can do FB's with an at level party if they're good enough. So, I just think he get's his jolly's off of posting negative reviews and seeing what people say. (Plus, if you look at the link, he gave it a 6, which is counted as fair. If he really thought the way he did in his post, he probably would have given it a lower score.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be nice to people
  • Kitsuneh - Lost City
    Kitsuneh - Lost City Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Sounds like ragequiter.^^
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Sounds like someone who hasnt played before :D
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • Cervantia - Sanctuary
    Cervantia - Sanctuary Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    q.q teleporting fees in a game that does not have enough coin sinks anyway
    q.q no moon and no stars altough every other person can see them, my settings were too low
    q.q I can't even name the classes properly but ofc I know anything about their skills... I was just to lazy to write it all down *sweatening*

But he has a point in that mediating & pot using thing, it's only made this annoying so PW sells tonns of charms. b:shutup

Can everybody with a gamespot account please downrate that "review"? I got none sadly... awww.
    Cervantia BM 100 / Calivthel Cleric 101 / Davinella Archer 9x
    Kachengy Seeker 8x / Pianna Wizard 8x

I need neither goons nor powerleveling.
    Addicted to PW since Mai 09.
    Factionless.
This discussion has been closed.