TW advices :D (all lvl can enjoy TW fun)

Options
Whiteleo - Lost City
Whiteleo - Lost City Posts: 285 Arc User
edited November 2009 in General Discussion
Hi everyone,
i have a little advice on TW system.
first of all , i think we need some Rules for TW.
1st simple rule : any faction can have maximun 4 territoreis.
let's say there are 3 strongest factions in your server
they gonna take 12 territories for sure.
then the rest of the map???, all the low lvl faction can enjoy all the map (they dont' need to fight all lvl 100 guild b:surrender to get a land etc :P )
so that the entire server (all low, high lvl can enjoy the TW in this way)b:victory
OK!!, NO!! we are strongest, we want more than 4 territories ,we are GOD, FINE!!! , u still have chance, but there will be a little challenge tho. b:laugh
2nd rule : now you have 4(max) land already, u want more land, if u bid on next 5th 6th territory, u have to fight x 2 base Defence
meaning that there will be x 2 defence towers and Base(red piller) will have x 2 HP.
so that the game will be balance :D

how is that?
this is the one and only way to make all server can have fun in TW (even low lvl newbie)
ty for reading :D b:thanks

Sorry for my bad english, lol , hope everyone understand what i want to say -.-
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Whiteleo - Lost City on

Comments

• Chobsi - Heavens Tear
    Chobsi - Heavens Tear Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    i have a little advice on TW system.
    first of all , i think we need some Rules for TW.
    1st simple rule : any faction can have maximun 4 territoreis.
    let's say there are 3 strongest factions in your server
    they gonna take 12 territories for sure.
    then the rest of the map???, all the low lvl faction can enjoy all the map (they dont' need to fight all lvl 100 guild b:surrender to get a land etc :P )
    so that the entire server (all low, high lvl can enjoy the TW in this way)b:victory
    OK!!, NO!! we are strongest, we want more than 4 territories ,we are GOD, FINE!!! , u still have chance, but there will be a little challenge tho. b:laugh
    2nd rule : now you have 4(max) land already, u want more land, if u bid on next 5th 6th territory, u have to fight x 2 base Defence
    meaning that there will be x 2 defence towers and Base(red piller) will have x 2 HP.
    so that the game will be balance :D

how is that?
    this is the one and only way to make all server can have fun in TW (even low lvl newbie)
    ty for reading :D b:thanks

Well that would seem fair at first glance but think about when one faction is being attacked by 4 factions and trying to fight a 2x def land. Then look at how fair it is to said faction
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Chobsi the only thing your good at is making your character look good, otherwise your fail"
    "Did that 95 BM just kill himself to your Herc? Mmm..Yep"
    "Oh that thing I thought was a statue, it 1 shot me, switch to your cleric please"
    "So that Hercules guy from the disney movie really aged well.."
    ~Chobsi b:cute
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Uhm, whats stopping another 6 strong factions popping up and taking the rest of the territory?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • Whiteleo - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Well that would seem fair at first glance but think about when one faction is being attacked by 4 factions and trying to fight a 2x def land. Then look at how fair it is to said faction

No, what i want to say is that, that fac that attacked by 4 factions will get x2 defense for their 4 land but the attacker will have only normal defence.
    let's say A have 4 lands, and B have 4 lands.
    if A attack B, B will get x 2 defence but A will get only normal defence, that's it.
    even if u get attacked by 4 fac at once, why u fear? u have x2 defence anyway. can't defense even u have x2 defense? then b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    worst idea eva b:bye
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Chobsi - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    Options
    No, what i want to say is that, that fac that attacked by 4 factions will get x2 defense for their 4 land but the attacker will have only normal defence.
    let's say A have 4 lands, and B have 4 lands.
    if A attack B, B will get x 2 defence but A will get only normal defence, that's it.
    even if u get attacked by 4 fac at once, why u fear? u have x2 defence anyway. can't defense even u have x2 defense? then b:bye

Well then on most maps, besides I think Lost city everyone would have 2x defense so whats the point?.. It'd just make everything the same.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Chobsi the only thing your good at is making your character look good, otherwise your fail"
    "Oh that thing I thought was a statue, it 1 shot me, switch to your cleric please"
  • Whiteleo - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options

what's the reason to say so???
    u can suggess and discuss your opinion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chobsi - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    Options
    what's the reason to say so???
    u can suggess and discuss your opinion

And thats her opinion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    ok first people, what he says takes a bit of reading (more than once) to perfectly understand.

basically he is saying, place a maximum limit on how many territories any one faction can hold or barring that, make taking above X amount of territories more difficult by increasing their win requirements to take the territory from the NPC's.

What he is not saying is that a Territory holder would have to fight more difficult battle if attacked by another faction. Only if they are attacking an NPC held territory.

I can see where this idea might be good. BUT... I think though that rather than allowing a faction to gain more territories, with increasing difficulty, they should just be limited to X number of territories, period. At which point they will have to defend against all attackers as per normal TW rules.

Considering the number of territories in the game, I think a nice even number like say 6 territories max would be appropriate. This would allow a minimum of 7 factions to hold territories and I honestly think would make the map much more dynamic as new factions grow into power and older factions die off and fade away. Normal TW rules would apply to anyone wanting to attack a land holder of course.

~Saitada
  • Whiteleo - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Well then on most maps, besides I think Lost city everyone would have 2x defense so whats the point?.. It'd just make everything the same.

sorry honesly i don't understand.
    x2 defense is for low lvl guild who defense against high lvl(who want more than 4 land).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chobsi - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    Options
    ok first people, what he says takes a bit of reading (more than once) to perfectly understand.

basically he is saying, place a maximum limit on how many territories any one faction can hold or barring that, make taking above X amount of territories more difficult by increasing their win requirements to take the territory from the NPC's.

What he is not saying is that a Territory holder would have to fight more difficult battle if attacked by another faction. Only if they are attacking an NPC held territory.

I can see where this idea might be good. BUT... I think though that rather than allowing a faction to gain more territories, with increasing difficulty, they should just be limited to X number of territories, period. At which point they will have to defend against all attackers as per normal TW rules.

Considering the number of territories in the game, I think a nice even number like say 6 territories max would be appropriate. This would allow a minimum of 7 factions to hold territories and I honestly think would make the map much more dynamic as new factions grow into power and older factions die off and fade away. Normal TW rules would apply to anyone wanting to attack a land holder of course.

~Saitada

I just think most of the big factions would be crying over not dominating the map and leave and thus losing PW money on all the refines, charms, and GS they buy b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Whiteleo - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I just think most of the big factions would be crying over not dominating the map and leave and thus losing PW money on all the refines, charms, and GS they buy b:cry

who care b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    So.....We end up with 7 strong factions dominating the TW and all the little factions crying again......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Whiteleo - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    So.....We end up with 7 strong factions dominating the TW and all the little factions crying again......

do u think how many Strong Faction currently in Lost City? b:chuckle

OK, let's say there are 7 strong fac, meaning they need(to recruit) more ppl for TW
    so.., even low lvl like 6x 7x can participate in TW :D

or.., u want one strong faction like Spectral, Kamisama (currently strongest) dominating the whole MAP?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    do u think how many Strong Faction currently in Lost City? b:chuckle
    Yes. But have you considered that some might be stronger than others? And if there's a limit then those factions can pay more attention to their territories.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Whiteleo - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Yes. But have you considered that some might be stronger than others? And if there's a limit then those factions can pay more attention to their territories.

So what???, why dont' u lvl and join them. you have so many chance to join one of them.
    or may be you want to sit somewhere and QQ 7 faction doing TW everyweek b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    ok seriously, back up a step guys and lets keep this on a reasonable discussion level between adults ok? (Gods I can't believe I, the flame queen.. said that).

The idea has merit but implementation is whats gonna be hard to do. Heck look at what CQ did on Lost City? THAT was seriously cool. Owned the map and then disbanded.

Lets suggest ideas that are workable. Mine was just one possibility, but I am sure if we all put our heads together, keep from flaming one another and hammer out some good ideas/suggestions that we can present to the GM's we can go a lot further.

~Saitada
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    So what???, why dont' u lvl and join them. you have so many chance to join one of them.
    or may be you want to sit somewhere and QQ 7 faction doing TW everyweek b:laugh
    Who was the one who made this thread? I'm fine with CQ owning all the territories. YOU on the other hand are complaining about not being able to get a territory.

On topic- If we did this then 7 strong factions will own all the territories. Then people will QQ again about not being able to get a territory. I think this system works fine. They can't sit on their lazy butts and expect to be handed a territory. Go out and level.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Whiteleo - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I'm fine with CQ owning all the territories.

CQ alt?
    GTFO plz b:bye

true that i want to do TW(challenging TW) but i want a fair fight, not like standing on your resprwn point and getting one shorted by lvl 100
    and i don't mind not have any territories. i just want to have TW fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    CQ alt?
    GTFO plz b:bye
    No. Im not. Now stop trying to come up with excuses for why your idea sucks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Vexille - Harshlands
    Vexille - Harshlands Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

100% agree... b:chuckle
  • Whiteleo - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    No. Im not. Now stop trying to come up with excuses for why your idea sucks.

yahh, may be my idea suck, but why you come to forum and insult other suggesstions? without giving any suggesstions?
    i just want to give some suggesstion to make our TW system better u know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Whiteleo - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    100% agree... b:chuckle

don't care b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    In all honesty, people need to stop coming up with Territory War rules. The ones existing are perfectly fine.

If you want to win, put in the effort. The existing stong factions with level 90-100 players didn't start that way. They started as a level 1 faction, with low levels, 0 coins and few players. They worked to where they stand now and deserve every land they fought to win.

Why simply give it away to lower levels who can't be bothered to level up, grind some coins and just want everything handed to them on a silver platter? PK, PvP and TW isn't meant to be fair , it's survival of the fittest. You want to be on top? Put in the effort to get there and stop making threads asking for easier land.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    yahh, may be my idea suck, but why you come to forum and insult other suggesstions? without giving any suggesstions?
    i just want to give some suggesstion to make our TW system better u know.
    I'm not insulting. I'm giving my opinion.
    My opinion-Your idea sucks
    You want my suggestion?
    Stop QQing and live with it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Whiteleo - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    i'm not saying high lvl player doesn't deserve, they deserve it.
    but i'm saying for low lvl player like 7x 8x (who have real life work and can't lvl too much)
    but they are also PWI player, they doesn't deserve TW fun?? TW only limit for 9x 10x ???
    I'm not insulting. I'm giving my opinion.
    My opinion-Your idea sucks
    ok, i give up b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tala25
    tala25 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    "Why simply give it away to lower levels who can't be bothered to level up, grind some coins and just want everything handed to them on a silver platter? PK, PvP and TW isn't meant to be fair, it's survival of the fittest. You want to be on top? Put in the effort to get there and stop making threads asking for easier land."- totally agree, but now its more like- survival of the fittest........ GEAR b:shocked . Folks after the Lunar gear made its way into PW w/ Packs TW has become a VIP-Only event, meaning only strong factions are allowed.

Before somebody b:angry me- this is only IMO!
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    There is no level limit. I've been in factions in TWs against faction who far outnumbered our players and levels yet we still won with a little something called strategy. Pays to think ahead.

I have a real life, and work. I only get to play a few hours after work. This does not stop me from acheiving my goals in game. Patience is a virtue. If the low levels wish to enjoy territory war, they must level and put in the time and effort like everyone else. I do not understand why they should be handfed easier land whilst the existing land owners went through hell to obtain theirs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Just...4 territories.. thats like nothing.
    Leave it how it is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • _Aphrael_ - Sanctuary
    _Aphrael_ - Sanctuary Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I think there is a far better way of making TW availiable for all. remove the set times and make it so a TW can happen at any time that way europeans can actually take part, the majority of TW's start at 8:00-8:15 which in england is 4am. Allow bids to be made at anytime but keep the 48hour gap between bit and the TW itself so the defenders have a warning and a chance to organise.

Finally and most importantly of all remove the limit of 3 simultaneous attacks that way no tribe could hold more land that it can defend at once, for some tribes this might be 1 for other 4-5 but it will give others a chance and introduce a rather interesting tactical element of who and whne to attack.
  • Whiteleo - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I think there is a far better way of making TW availiable for all. remove the set times and make it so a TW can happen at any time that way europeans can actually take part, the majority of TW's start at 8:00-8:15 which in england is 4am. Allow bids to be made at anytime but keep the 48hour gap between bit and the TW itself so the defenders have a warning and a chance to organise.

Finally and most importantly of all remove the limit of 3 simultaneous attacks that way no tribe could hold more land that it can defend at once, for some tribes this might be 1 for other 4-5 but it will give others a chance and introduce a rather interesting tactical element of who and whne to attack.

that's great idea. thanks you for giving your suggesstion.
    better than trash talk like "your idea suck, worst idea ever" b:scorn
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]