Why Should I Roll A Barb?

Options
StudTank - Harshlands
StudTank - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Barbarian
Hey everyone as you already Noticed My new character is a Fluffy Panda >:)

Well I'm not sure what to do...I Can't Decide between BladeMaster & Barb..
Both are meele based and each one has its advantages and disadvantages..
Well I'ma start with advanteges of BladeMasters.

Advantages~

Good Hp.
Decent Damage.
Easiest to Level.
Fly on a Sword.
Decent survivability.

Diadvantages~

Crud Mana.
Damage Sux w/o Axes/Hammers.
Can't Fly til level 30.
Not wanted in Parties.

Now for some Barb Stuff :D

Advantages~

Best Hp in-game.
Best Survivibility.
Can Turn Into a White Tiger (Even Better Survivibility!)
Fly on a animal.
Axes on a Panda are ball'in.
Panda...Get all the ladies...
Best Tanker.
Always wanted in parties.

Disadvantages~

Can't fly until 30 .
Crud Mana.
Low damage.
Mana Killer.
Very High Repair Costs.

As you obviously see that each class has its advantages..and disadvantages..
And I can't Decide!
Mabey Gimme some pointers..on what class to pick..

I'm leaning towards Barb..but I liek dmage but i also like tigers and survivibility..

Post your awnser..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ResolvePwi.mmoguildsites.com
IGN:StudTank
Fraction:Resolve
Server:HarshLands
Post edited by StudTank - Harshlands on

Comments

• Crazy_Panda - Dreamweaver
    Crazy_Panda - Dreamweaver Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    me has same problem, me has no decision yet b:cry
  • StudTank - Harshlands
    edited November 2009
    Options
    omg i know right..wy diff classes but idk...both r fun..lol i just noticed that Barb forum is most unused..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Andross - Dreamweaver
    Andross - Dreamweaver Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    You get first pick in TT runs.
    BMs, as DDs, get last.
    And as a barb you're always wanted for FBs and such, things that make you gain exp.
    I'd go with Barbs.
    They're actually easier to level than people think. They suck at killing things, but they get a lot of benefits for being the meatshield.
  • Soul_Thunder - Sanctuary
    Soul_Thunder - Sanctuary Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    barbarian is awesome. i know because i have tried every single class to lvl 50 at least twice to try different builds and all, and right now, i can't every begin to think about turning around and make another class. yes barbarian is that nice.

yes we have the lowest damage in game (disregarding arma, you got to be an idiot to spam that skill), however, we have the highest survivability, therefore, we do not die anywhere close as often as other classes. it also gives me great pride knowing i'm doing a great proportion to keep the team alive. also, as others have said before, you will get first pick on drops, where is very handy.

there are certainly heaps and heaps more positive points about barbarians, so play and find outb:chuckle
  • PartyAnimal - Harshlands
    PartyAnimal - Harshlands Posts: 693 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Hey everyone as you already Noticed My new character is a Fluffy Panda >:)

Well I'm not sure what to do...I Can't Decide between BladeMaster & Barb..
    Both are meele based and each one has its advantages and disadvantages..

Advantages~

Good Hp.
    Decent Damage.
    Easiest to Level.
    Fly on a Sword.
    Decent survivability.

Diadvantages~

Crud Mana.
    Can't Fly til level 30.
    Not wanted in Parties.

Now for some Barb Stuff :D

Advantages~

Best Hp in-game.
    Best Survivibility.
    Can Turn Into a White Tiger (Even Better Survivibility!)
    Fly on a animal.
    Axes on a Panda are ball'in.
    Panda...Get all the ladies...
    Best Tanker.
    Always wanted in parties.

Disadvantages~

Can't fly until 30 .
    Crud Mana.
    Low damage.
    Mana Killer.
    Very High Repair Costs.

As you obviously see that each class has its advantages..and disadvantages..
    And I can't Decide!
    Mabey Gimme some pointers..on what class to pick..

I'm leaning towards Barb..but I liek dmage but i also like tigers and survivibility..

Post your awnser..
    Only you can answer that question.
  • Bartack - Heavens Tear
    Bartack - Heavens Tear Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I spam tree-armageddon whenever i am assisting with group mob killin. b:victory (and not babysitting a charm, I HATE HP CHARMS b:angry )
  • Dominatiger - Sanctuary
    Dominatiger - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Go barb...

the most endgame BMs use axes, due to lvl 90 zerk axes. That means the Bm will dealing the same damage we do.

Besides barbs have NICE debuffs, we can decrease target evasion, physical defense and attack, and if you debuff a BM he dies fast.

The only debuffs BM have is stun (we can count that as debuff, since they can stun lock), and Dragon skill have a nice debuff. the prob here is... or the Bm stun lock... or the BM use dragon.

While our debuffs wont cost to much Chi, Bm debuffs consume lots of chi.
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
    Manufactured by Konariraiden
  • Andross - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Options
    the most endgame BMs use axes, due to lvl 90 zerk axes. That means the Bm will dealing the same damage we do.

WrongwrongwrongwrongWRONG.

If you're both using auto attack, then yes BMs and Barbs do the same damage. But with skills, BMs do a hell of a lot more damage than barbs (with the exception of arma, which has been said before).

But everyone knows barbs aren't good DDs. Doesn't mean they aren't a good class to play as though.
  • Crazy_Panda - Dreamweaver
    Crazy_Panda - Dreamweaver Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    You made a great choice puttin this in the barb forums xD, and imo barbs are kinda boring >_< but i only played one cause they are pro past 70 :O. Then i got bored of my barb :/.
    edited November 2009
    Options
    WrongwrongwrongwrongWRONG.

If you're both using auto attack, then yes BMs and Barbs do the same damage. But with skills, BMs do a hell of a lot more damage than barbs (with the exception of arma, which has been said before).

But everyone knows barbs aren't good DDs. Doesn't mean they aren't a good class to play as though.

this is why you are wrong...

BMs attacks (skills) have twice channeling comparated to a barb, barbs its like instant cast (talking about skills), plus penatrate armour reduces physical defense in 30%... Bms cant debuff us like we do.

really after 90 Bms and barbs do around the same damage

edit: except the part we can do hits with armagedon for 150K+ damage, and BMs cant
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
  • PikyWilly - Lost City
    PikyWilly - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    well i have this char and 73 axe bm but i think i like barb more, even though bm attacks look cooler imo :/
    for one, i can get ganked by several people and still live while bm with the same quality of gear dies a lot faster b:surrender
    and also like what people before me said.. you are wanted on fbs bhs and TTs so u can almost always run the mats u need and if ur guildies need help u can tank pretty much everything..maybe not mantavip..for them
    and lol random but i like running at 9 m/s in demon tiger.. dont need to press demount if im chasing a rednameb:chuckle
  • Viking_Lord - Dreamweaver
    Viking_Lord - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Woohoo! Barbs are wanted at all parties! b:victory

Who else will you get to do all the dirty work? :P
  • StudTank - Harshlands
    edited November 2009
    Options
    lol i already picked barb...even though it is only level 21 it is really funb:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Baalbak_ - Dreamweaver
    _Baalbak_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    can an uncharmed BM my level AOE grind on 6-8 Seaspray Bladewolves (level 78 mobs) with just one cleric switching up Heals/Razor Feather/Tempest?

I think he would die personally, but I never bothered to level my own BM past 16. Only other toon I have over 30 is my 70 veno, which is pretty much retired now.

barb is fun and can solo easy (though can be a tad bit boring to solo since we take longer to kill stuff). still, not hard to level at all IMO - and goes faster when you squad with a cleric.

..whoops, just noticed I was posting from my cleric.
    my barb is 64 right nowb:pleased
  • Andross - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Options
    this is why you are wrong...

BMs attacks (skills) have twice channeling comparated to a barb, barbs its like instant cast (talking about skills), plus penatrate armour reduces physical defense in 30%... Bms cant debuff us like we do.

really after 90 Bms and barbs do around the same damage

edit: except the part we can do hits with armagedon for 150K+ damage, and BMs cant

Heaven's Flame would like to have a word with you.
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Both classes are fun. It's really up to you to decide which class fits.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • AncientFiend - Heavens Tear
    AncientFiend - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Now what did i want to say again??? Oh yeah barbarians are damn good, sure we may not have high atck and we will miss alot when dealing with archers and bm's but make no mistake, we are a serious threat to reckon with, plus were irreplaceble in fb's, TT's and so foorth
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Heaven's Flame would like to have a word with you.

I must now fear BMs that wont stun lock me?b:chuckleb:shocked
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
  • Andross - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I must now fear BMs that wont stun lock me?b:chuckleb:shocked

Are you saying BMs can't stun lock and use HF at the same time?
    Funny.

Also... I'm not talking about a fight between a barb and BM. I'm just saying that BMs do more damage... no matter how you look at it. Barbs were not meant for damage. The only skill they have that can out-damage a BM is Arma.

I do know understand what you're saying. I've beaten BMs with my barb many times before. It's hard for them to get past the high HP, my stun, and the defense/evasion debuff. But many of those BMs didn't think to use HF... which is pretty much essential if you want to get past a Barb's massive HP.

Reminds me of a situation in TW recently.
    Purge... amp damage... heavens flame... brings down cata barbs quick b:chuckle

There's always a way bring down any class, just gotta know how to do it.
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Are you saying BMs can't stun lock and use HF at the same time?
    Funny.

they cant... I wont call stun lock only 1 chi bar. In a melle figth barb have more advantages than BM.

The rest you sayd I agree... but the Bm damage is almost the same as a barb.
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
  • _Shalimar_ - Sanctuary
    _Shalimar_ - Sanctuary Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Ok Dominatiger...... I will admit I am an ****, so I'm gonna be brutally honest here. If you think barbarian and blademaster DPS is even at level 86, you need to lay off the oracles and learn the classes. If a 91 blademaster copied my build and gear perfectly.... he would hit harder than me. This is because it is in the coding that blademaster gets more physical attack off his strength and weapon damage than a barbarian. That's just how it works. Then again, barbarian gets more hp than a blademaster. It evens out. Also, yes a blademaster can debuff extremely well. If you wanna see melee pain, go watch a blademaster set off triple spark, spark pot, glacial spike, cloud eruption, heavens flame, and watch him go nuts with AoE. And I wish a barbarian could chain AoE skills like that.

Bottom line is, blademaster hits harder, barbarian takes harder hits.
    Disclaimer

I hereby absolve myself from all responsibilities from damage incurred, loss of life, and severe mental retardation from trying to read and/or understand my posts. Please do not come to me about these problems or I shall be forced to stab you with a dull wooden spoon. Enjoy your day. =D
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    GohRaL - Sanctuary Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    a barb focus his effort in tanking for like 90 levels b:bye

then comes the demon path

and we can DD very well with some critical combos that made archer envyb:victory

every 8 seconds we can make almost every attack critical
    bestial onslaught (8sec CD) > 6 second of 50% crit > 2 sec left > repeat

sure the BM has higher dmg per single STR point but they dont improve as well as we do after 89+...

we'll be more balanced at endgame since we'll focus skill on damage/critical and still have the most HP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
  • Lady_Sam - Lost City
    Lady_Sam - Lost City Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    well lol, it seems to me that you have more advantages on the barb side. So, if you like it already, stay barb? Like its been said, barbs aren't amazing solo until 70+. If you had the time and willpower, maybe you should try to reach its potiential first? :)
  • Buknoybobo - Sanctuary
    Buknoybobo - Sanctuary Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    umm..........you posted this on the barb forums so the majority will choose barb.b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    SUPAH TINEH SUPAH SLAM!!!b:angry
    my keyboard is broken so if there are any wrong spellings then just try to understad them
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    barb = tank

bm = mele range debuff class specializing in stuns and area of effet skills

every other weapon on the bm skill tree can spike higher than axes if you dont count amp (wich can be used in combination with these weapons by any multipath bm ever)

wanna be virtually unkillable by anything short of a 9x fister that your dumb enough to tank or a wizze at endgame? be a barb

want to dish out aoe's stuns/other debuffs like their goind out of style and be able to spike without sacrificing 1/2 your hp to do it? be a bm

i am here to steal your secrets and cookies and to tickel your abeit fluffy women barbs mwahahahahahaha
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Go barb...
    Bm debuffs consume lots of chi.

EXACTLY, We can NOT do much at all without chi our only stun move that doesn't cost chi is aeolian blade, which only has a 50% chance of stunning. :/ I mean if we don't have chi, we will most likely lose to all classes, (before we even get our chi up, except for maybe barbs... who don't use there genies to stun, and even then they have moves to help there hp, just like we do, not to mention Armageddon a VERY high damage move, given that it should be used when they are sure we will go down, overall, I would say a barb definitely has a LOT higher survival rate, but being a bm is pretty interesting, and fairly cheap for the most part, though they are indeed not often wanted in squads, RB is the first thing I have seen people actively world chatting for a Bm.

I have played a barb, but I like my bm a lot better, rarely need money for pots, (even if I use heavens flame) and rarely have large repair bills, I am definitely seeing that with my barb there is a high repair bill (for bhs, fbs, etc.)
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Dagnatic - Sanctuary
    Dagnatic - Sanctuary Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    the answer is smple.... go with a barb cos they rock man. Dude barbs are adictive once youve played a barb you wont want to play any thing els.
    Well thats what happend for me any way i dont have 4 barbs for no reason.
  • Iseria - Harshlands
    Iseria - Harshlands Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

Advantages~

Good Hp.
    Decent Damage.
    Easiest to Level.
    Fly on a Sword.
    Decent survivability.

Diadvantages~

Crud Mana.
    Can't Fly til level 30.
    Not wanted in Parties.

this part not true. Axe BMs may have highest DPH but fist BMs have higher DPS, outclassing them when doing damage. with my barb ive never lost aggro to axe BMs 5 levels higher than me, but a fist BM of my level or 1 lower steals aggro when sparked or when i pace Flesh realm too much.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    this part not true. Axe BMs may have highest DPH but fist BMs have higher DPS, outclassing them when doing damage. with my barb ive never lost aggro to axe BMs 5 levels higher than me, but a fist BM of my level or 1 lower steals aggro when sparked or when i pace Flesh realm too much.

thank youb:thanks

axes have the highest spike potential and a 3rd stun

swords can reliably spike almost as high and out dps axes and poles

spears spike like swords have range but only slightly higher dps than axes

fists out dps everything in pwi with stacked - interval its basicly 1 long spike in damage the -interval gears are crazy expensive though (spike is a sharp increase in DPS for short times so once dps is high enough it IS spike)

all weapons bm here trust me this is how they work
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    You're posting in this one Josh? There's too many inaccuracies to bother much here.

Damage per str point is the same between all classes

Axe/Hammers have the worst DPS

Demon fisters improve to an obscenely massive degree 89+, more than any other class. Damage amps up by a factor of well over 600% even with low refines on when they get fully geared at level 99.

Stun lock + Heaven's Flame easily possible for a demon fist/axer. Actually, sage can do it as well.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.