Tailoring is impossible

Options
ubc56950
ubc56950 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
I'm considering quitting this game because it just expects you to know where everything is. I can't find withered tree stumps anywheres! Don't tell me to look around, give me exact coordinates or a god damn picture
b:angry
Post edited by ubc56950 on

Comments

• LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Quit now. Q_Q

There are no "exact" locations for em. Plus, tailoring is useless. You just want to complain.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Ubc - Harshlands
    Ubc - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Yah, that was helpful
  • Naquia - Dreamweaver
    Naquia - Dreamweaver Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Seriously, level 6? Do your quests and you will inevitably pass one
    sooner or later, or try one of those locations.
    But you know what would be best?
    Quit now. Q_Q
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • alydesi
    alydesi Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Hey, I'm new to this game too. What I did was I went to the bamboo village and flew around. I saw some stumps on the ground then I went over and clicked it, and it gave me a log! So, just fly around I guess. I don't think there are exact coords. D: Don't quit! (:
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    Sevas - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    There are general locations because it tends to vary a little bit where they will respawn once they are picked.
  • _xXRoXaSXx_ - Heavens Tear
    _xXRoXaSXx_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Are you serious? your going to QQ to people over the internet because you can't find a pixlated tree stump in a game?just save us and you the trouble and just be quiet.this is just a waste of time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Seiowan - Harshlands
    Seiowan - Harshlands Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Everyone is way to hostile on these forums. If I had a penny for every post I'd read where people prefer to insult rather than guide, I'd probably be able to afford a small continent.

To the OP:
    Firstly not all materials need to be harvested in this manner. Some of them are enemy drops, and believe me they can be infinetly more frustrating than just going to X,Y,Z and picking at a tree stump for a couple of minutes. Especially if you never get the drops you require.

Secondly, tailoring is a skill which does require a bit of dedication and hard work on your part. It's not for everyone and you will be required to spend a bit of time hunting materials. If that's not for you, it's not the end of the world because there are auctions and player shops where you can easily purchase decent enough armour to get by.

Thirdly, there is a guide in the crafting forums which details very well the locations of many starter ingredients (wood, ore, coals etc) which you would've easily stumbled across if you'd either done a simple Google search or just looked at the dedicated crafting section of this forum.

Remember, crafts aren't the beginning and the end of PWI but they can be very useful to have. You can't expect everything to be handed to you on a silver platter so if you lack the patience for it I suggest leaving it out and working on your levels and skills instead.
  • ewingoil
    ewingoil Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    The best thing to do is to get it when out questing and save it up or use it to lvl up your tailor skill.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    ewingoil wrote: »
    The best thing to do is to get it when out questing and save it up or use it to lvl up your tailor skill.

And, indeed, there is a beginner quest which does point you at materials (I think it pushes you towards logs.)

Yes, you have to wander around and find stuff. This is hardly a disaster, tailoring is, after all, entirely optional.
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    Sevas - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Also, I think old heaven's tear armor (which you would use when you were 90+) only requires level 1 tailoring?

You should have no problem finding two logs between now and when you are level 90.

b:chuckle My tailor is L2 which is the requirement for OHT Armor, I believe. I have not seen my tailor bar move at all since she started making stuff there. She's made some really nice 3* items and one gold L100 item. I'll probably have to do it the old fashioned way, make a nub and get the low level mats to get through L2 and cry about the mats for L3/4/5.
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    i thought this was gonna be about getting your tailor to level 4 once you hit character level 50.

patience is a virtue. you don't need to do every little quest as soon as it pops up. My cleric still has 20 quests back logged.b:laugh. Matter of fact, you wont even see the benefit of crafting till you hit your 30 + since you're gonna change out of whatever gear you can make with crafting level 1 in a matter of an hour or two. Just focus on the "kill this/go there" quests for now, and you will inevitably find a withered tree root right outside of your starter city (lost city has several around the perimeter).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Ikurei - Dreamweaver
    Ikurei - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    i thought this was gonna be about getting your tailor to level 4 once you hit character level 50.

patience is a virtue. you don't need to do every little quest as soon as it pops up. My cleric still has 20 quests back logged.b:laugh. Matter of fact, you wont even see the benefit of crafting till you hit your 30 + since you're gonna change out of whatever gear you can make with crafting level 1 in a matter of an hour or two. Just focus on the "kill this/go there" quests for now, and you will inevitably find a withered tree root right outside of your starter city (lost city has several around the perimeter).

You forget that the newer players (well, the more vocal ones at any rate) want everything handed to them on a plate.

Work toward a goal? Hell no!
    Quest and grind for exp? Preposterous!

To OP: If you're getting pissed and demanding help on something as simple as the first tailor quest then you should just quit now. If you decide not to quit then congratulations on becoming slightly less of a whiny little *****.

I'd like to ask a question though, if tailoring is, as you say, impossible then how the **** is anyone supposed to help you?
    Meh, saw a couple other people doing this so...
    "Time to kill a famous thread then." andracil
    "Banning a troll is the ultimate troll my good sirs" eatwithspoons
    "Be careful about all of the GIRLs (Guy in RL) that you meet." eatwithspoons
    "We are all trolls or else we wouldn't have so many posts under our names. Deal with it." Sevas - Heavens Tear
    "Necro hunting >:3
    Also, I'm in someone's sig!" andracil (Sorry, I had to.b:surrender)
    "Welcome to the forums. You will die here." Konariraiden - Heavens Tear