banish the catshops

Barbariankev - Heavens Tear
Barbariankev - Heavens Tear Posts: 831 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Suggestion Box
we all know the horrible lag in west achro
well heres my suggestion
delete them from the game all that reduced lag will be great
however do upgrade the auctioneer so we can get a worthy replacement
i know off the shop license so if you have 1 off those you can stil make a cow shop just no more catshopsb:victory

or if this doesnt get implented i will just call (you know which faction HT) to wipe every catshop in west achro

(no i wasnt thinking when i made this)
its impossible to always do the right thing we all make mistakes i am not different from that
just try to be a good person

english isn't my native language so there might be a few spelling/grammatical errors in my posts
Post edited by Barbariankev - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Garivald - Sanctuary
    Garivald - Sanctuary Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Dude u cant just banish cat shops they r awsome. i buy most of my cloths n stuff from them. besides west archo is the place to sell stuff. i mean its hrd going threw but thats what every1 expects when you go threw west archo. there is a button that takes away every1 out of ur comp view next time when u go threw west archo just push it. i know ive done it myself it works great. and the acutioneer is hrd enough. sometime stuff in there is beyond expensive. not to mention you have to pay to put stuff in there. and most of the time it doesnt sell and u just lose a ton of money. so the ah is good but not if you have sumthing expensive and you are looking to sell it. thts done in the streets not in the ah
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Panda on fire=Panda PWNAGE
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    Fireblood - Harshlands Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    gtfo.gif
    Quit.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    The people that want to keep the cat shops up are the ones that most likely majorly overprice and scam with them.

Example: selling crazy stone shards for higher than the npc price
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Minaia - Dreamweaver
    Minaia - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    The people that want to keep the cat shops up are the ones that most likely majorly overprice and scam with them.

Example: selling crazy stone shards for higher than the npc price

I've seen quite a few CS scammers that have 4 roughs/blem/common and the last one a shabby for the same price, but most other shops are legit. Lol, a lot of people are too lazy to make their stones when they hit blemished, so they just spend a little more to skip the combining process :\ I don't but some people do.
  • Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear
    Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    it's my understanding that catshops don't cause that much problems. it's all the players running arounf with their big animated mobs that causes most of the lag. i don't know much about things like this but it does make some sense. catshops are small unmoving objects in the game where are as mounts and even players themselves are moving and are more detailed (their animation is more complex than catshops thus contributing to lag more. that is the best way i could discribe it). these players are constantly firing off fireworks, dueling and running around like chickens with their heads cut off.
  • Hagrid - Dreamweaver
    Hagrid - Dreamweaver Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    we all know the horrible lag in west achro
    well heres my suggestion
    delete them from the game all that reduced lag will be great
    however do upgrade the auctioneer so we can get a worthy replacement
    i know off the shop license so if you have 1 off those you can stil make a cow shop just no more catshopsb:victory

or if this doesnt get implented i will just call (you know which faction HT) to wipe every catshop in west achro

(no i wasnt thinking when i made this)

Banishing them would not be a good idea. The Developers either need to make a special village for them or make the Cat Shops a time limit, then automatically dc from server.

Yes, I too have seen many Cat Shops where the player is scamming others. Seems to me like more pf the players are out to get rich with worthless cyber money than helping a fellow player. Unless I am selling a mold, then anything I sell in a Cat Shop is for whatever price the system sets.
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    dont banish them but make it possible to have the option in your setting to not show the catshop
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    allthough i rlly & i meen i rlly h8 those ****** shops wut i think there should be is tht so many shops can be set up in lets say 10 meters only 5 shops could be set up & like some one else has pointed out its mostly players causing the lag i suggest tht some of the npcs in west arch be put in some other places in arch & i personally would like an option to make it so i cnt see any other players & the shops cus personally i dont talk to or interact with other players besides my faction but i only see them if i need my FB or BH done other wise i only talk to them so this option if added would rlly make me happy
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • Axxxel - Sanctuary
    Axxxel - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I do have a suggestion about the lag. how bout instead of completly abolishing the cat shop how bout making a grand exchange? like a huge building where ppl can come and type in what they are looking for and could instantly find if someones selling it or not! and if u wanted to make the lag even less. forget the building and make a grand exchange icon you can click on. (like u click when u wanna go to the boutique) we all know(unless ive epicly failed in figuring it out) that u cant type in searches in the auction. so thats my thoughts and i hope it has caught eyes ooooooooo!!! aaahhhh!! lol
  • Grippieluver - Lost City
    Grippieluver - Lost City Posts: 9,807 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    look if you dont likethe lag, there's an icon above your hp and mp bars that you can click on and it makes every1 dissapear from a certain amt of feet inchez whatever away. This reducez the lag. It lookz like a rectangular box and itz right abouve your face. It sayz something like "perfect running" or whatever. The cat shopz are how i make my money. No i do not scam ppl. anything thatz under 1k yes, I bring it up to exactly 1k, but the rest i keep at the org. price. The cat shopz also help children learn the value of economicz just as the auction house helps you learn about stockz (it really doez when you think about) The Game creatorz obviously put it in the game for a reason.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thankiez to Dorset for the sig!

MagicHamsta will remain in our hearts forever

P.S. I am a female venomancer ^^ I know it's rare, isn't it?
  • dntkid
    dntkid Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    well there wouldnt be that many catshops if ppls stops making a catshop chara and just leaves it there while they use their main chara so basically its just the ppls with two computers making a catshop chara and leave it at west arch while they play their main chara
  • Ellestor - Heavens Tear
    Ellestor - Heavens Tear Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    The original poster is a moron, ignore him. Cat shops only cause lag if you have a out of date computer or bought a "Dell". I have all graphics settings on maximum, same with distance, customization, graphical adds (warp, sun/moon, etc) and it runs without a hint of lag. My suggestion? Quit blaming the company for your crappy system.
  • Zand_pyrite - Sanctuary
    Zand_pyrite - Sanctuary Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Not a good idea. A vast majority of the game's economy is based on the catshop sales. If your facing lag either upgrade your computer or press Ctrl+ F9.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]