How PvP is the PvP server?

Options
losstarot
losstarot Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Dawnglory (EU)
I want a populated server with character in all ranges, but I am not a fan of PvP. There is a great emphasis on pvp and pkking, or is just a minor thing (both for you and the community) if you don't wish to get involved?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Join a PvE server now.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Bloop - Harshlands
    Bloop - Harshlands Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Let me direct you to the right section:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=131
    60 / 250.
  • losstarot
    losstarot Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Aw, nuts.

World PvP sounds nice and all, but I'm terrible at it and am pretty slow; besides, I hate the munchkinism that PvP carries.
  • Taarloor - Harshlands
    Taarloor - Harshlands Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Have a cup o' concrete and harden up princess.....

Everyone sucks at PvP according to everyone else anyways, you win some you lose some, just try it out and prepare to be smashed around alot during the 3x's and 4x's
  • Paimage - Harshlands
    Paimage - Harshlands Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    losstarot wrote: »
    Aw, nuts.

World PvP sounds nice and all, but I'm terrible at it and am pretty slow; besides, I hate the munchkinism that PvP carries.

PvP servers r usually more entertaining for experienced players that only play for pvp like me, but if u r new player the best way to learn to pvp is by starting to play in this server, pvp in pwi is very easy to learn ;)
  • SneakyStalk - Harshlands
    SneakyStalk - Harshlands Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Roll in a PvP, because even though you might get killed, you will be able to kill someday. I got rolled during my 30s and 40s mostly by lvl 70 players, but I got lucky and I got boutique wings, legendary items and several good drops from red names. Its balanced. Besides, you can always kill someone if you feel like.

On a side note, dont worry about Harshlands, there's not much PvP around.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Un4given
  • Lord__Zoa - Harshlands
    Lord__Zoa - Harshlands Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    this server is based on killing, to tell you the truth i heard some ppl are working on finding a way to pk blue namesb:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Paimage - Harshlands
    Paimage - Harshlands Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Roll in a PvP, because even though you might get killed, you will be able to kill someday. I got rolled during my 30s and 40s mostly by lvl 70 players, but I got lucky and I got boutique wings, legendary items and several good drops from red names. Its balanced. Besides, you can always kill someone if you feel like.

On a side note, dont worry about Harshlands, there's not much PvP around.

Well, there r people that farm lowbies though...
  • Lord__Zoa - Harshlands
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Well, there r people that farm lowbies though...

TRUE
    here is the reason
    http://pwi.perfectworld.com/rank/harshlands_pvp
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xulin - Harshlands
    Xulin - Harshlands Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Hey hey! Mine were all KoS :)
  • Cleon - Harshlands
    Cleon - Harshlands Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Hey hey! Mine were all KoS :)

LIES! I'm at least +10 kills on that list b:cryb:cryb:cry

Don't listen to him, he a meanie b:surrender
  • TimMagicstrg - Harshlands
    TimMagicstrg - Harshlands Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    PvP serveR? wich one u talking about?

The one that GMs make instances gives MUCH more xp then grinding, so people wont pvp?

The one that GMs make 2x double drops and 2x xp to people can FC and HH 48h during the weekends?

The one that 99% are afraid of pvp, i can list the name of people that actually pvp on this server.

go look for other game if u want pvp
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

The one that GMs make instances gives MUCH more xp then grinding, so people wont pvp?

The one that GMs make 2x double drops and 2x xp to people can FC and HH 48h during the weekends?

The one that 99% are afraid of pvp, i can list the name of people that actually pvp on this server.

lost city has tons of pvp b:cute
  • Ligeia - Harshlands
    Ligeia - Harshlands Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

You forgot about making any amount of PvP in certain places a bannable offense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by Bakura~
  • LiKuiDgHoSt - Harshlands
    LiKuiDgHoSt - Harshlands Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

do you honestly even know what your talking about??

maybe high end theres not a lot of pking. . but where im at groups of us pvp against eachother for the heck of it, all the time. Don't go telling kids theres not a lot of pvp on here, cause there is. And even if there wasn't, telling new comers and having new comers read your comments is in no way going to help the rep of ther server

And honestly, there would be even more if it weren't for the fact that high level players get in the way of pvp fights. Which is too be expected. . but

here's an example

14 lvl 50 - 60's start messing around having fun pking. . random high lvl from some faction notices, and does one of two things, tells his high lvl buddies/faction mates about it, or world chats it. High levels come in kill everyone, lowbies leave, high levels complain nobody likes to fight. .

It's the same thing all the time.
    In all honesty im personally more then happy with the amount of pvp on this server, yes at times its lacking, but thats to be expected.

I just wish people would quit complaining about the lack of pvp and how this server is soo fail. If it is so bad, quit, stop playing, are you that addicted to the game that even if you "hate" the server your on, you still play?

but ya, thats my opinion and rant for the day, take it as you must b:surrender
  • Whadafak - Harshlands
    Whadafak - Harshlands Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    TLDR. b:cute
    pvp may be somewhat common in harshlands, but none of the epic pvp fights like in the past in LC or even now.
  • LiKuiDgHoSt - Harshlands
    LiKuiDgHoSt - Harshlands Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    TLDR. b:cute
    pvp may be somewhat common in harshlands, but none of the epic pvp fights like in the past in LC or even now.

ha, i don't doubt that, lost city still has the best pvp, probably always will because of the much larger population

just wish people would chill out a little b:shocked
  • Aznchristmas - Harshlands
    Aznchristmas - Harshlands Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    tell me where you do that i want to test out my sunder
  • kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

this is what is happening when you get high lvl
    thre is no world quest or FC or TT at lower lvls so players have time for other things
  • XFeRX - Harshlands
    XFeRX - Harshlands Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

gratz on lvl 100 power lvling in instances FTW b:shockedb:shutup
  • Ajani - Harshlands
    Ajani - Harshlands Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

You forgot that SP, YKD, Vol29 are now places where pvp is a bannable offenseb:shutup
    PVP: 3800 kills in the name of KD lawl
    Retired as of 18/11/09
    Back as of 22/11/10
    Archer retired as of 26/12/10
  • elquadro
    elquadro Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    what is YKD? lolb:surrender
  • TimMagicstrg - Harshlands
    TimMagicstrg - Harshlands Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    gratz on lvl 100 power lvling in instances FTW b:shockedb:shutup

zhen on 3rd map also b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lord__Zoa - Harshlands
    edited November 2009
    Options
    That might be their reason but no one gets pvp rank credit from killing people when their level is too low.

really? i'd like to see ppl do it then NOT
    since its a pvp server i really feel like that we should be more concerned about that pvp list then the level ranking list. yet again we got we got more high lvls on our server then pve servers LMAO and like 85% of the population(maybe more) are white named or pink named waiting in SZ ready to go white again lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    since its a pvp server i really feel like that we should be more concerned about that pvp list then the level ranking list. yet again we got we got more high lvls on our server then pve servers LMAO and like 85% of the population(maybe more) are white named or pink named waiting in SZ ready to go white again lol.

Lolwat?

DW has 4 101s and 20 100s.

HL has 5 101s and 14 100s.

24 > 19 ijs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Lord__Zoa - Harshlands
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Lolwat?

DW has 4 101s and 20 100s.

HL has 5 101s and 14 100s.

24 > 19 ijs

5>4 :P

9char
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    5>4 :P

Is 101 the only level that encompasses "high levels"?

DW has 12 level 99s to HL's 3 as well. :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Hippie - Harshlands
    Hippie - Harshlands Posts: 515 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    elquadro wrote: »
    what is YKD? lolb:surrender

nightscream island myen name monogram
    Nullum crimen sine lege.
  • BeingHope - Harshlands
    BeingHope - Harshlands Posts: 5,013 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    b:laugh Well I'm sure you could still play in Harshlands.

:)))) Like me, I normally don't PK but I do go on my PK rages.... b:angry <-- like this

b:cute But if I can survive for playing most of the game without PKing or dying, I'm sure you can too. Just don't get frustrated in the 30-45 level range :)
    [SIGPIC]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad175/beinghope/beinghopesiggie.png[/SIGPIC]
    I forgot!!! Thanks forsaken for the signature b:cute
    b:chuckle I love huge catshops LOL b:laugh