Thiking of making a fist BM.

Options
losstarot
losstarot Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Blademaster
Read the guides and have a few basic questions: how expensive are they and how fast do they go through pots, how well can they grind/level, how well are they in parties, and how do they perform in PvE (since I don't care much for PvP)?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Reane - Sanctuary
    Reane - Sanctuary Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    losstarot wrote: »
    Read the guides and have a few basic questions: how expensive are they and how fast do they go through pots, how well can they grind/level, how well are they in parties, and how do they perform in PvE (since I don't care much for PvP)?

In the beginning levels, you will rip through pots. after you get sutra, its a breeze. all you need is draw blood and sutra. Generally, they take on mobs one by one, their dps in insane so kill rate is pretty nice. it gets pretty repetitive, as far as grinding because all you do is cyclone for attack speed buff and then normal and then sutra. in parties, they make good secondaries because of the spell interrupt kick. thats my limited knowledge about these guys
    Reane-archer-82
    HeavensRage-blademaster-65
    HeavenSorrow-venomancer-74
    Abby_G-assassin-57
  • losstarot
    losstarot Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Also, if I'm going to be focusing on PvE, how important is VIT?

I had planned to do 3STR/2DEX and leave VIT at 5, but I'm sure if it's a good idea.
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    For early levels, I only changed to fist when the damage was greater than the FB19 weapon. I crafted a bunch of fists, and had two made that had double adds of +phys attack. That was the only thing that made it useful to go fists, otherwise it would be lower damage than other weapon types. So start searching AH as early as you can for either multiple phys attack adds, or some -interval.

I didn't bother using Cyclone much, it adds a bit, but the short duration of it and low amount of attack rate bonus isn't really worth it early on. You'll be using most of your SP to boost phys marrow, bell, mastery, sutra, etc. Shadowless was left at 1, only used for interrupt before auto-attack. Most of the time, you'll only need to use sutra every couple of mobs. And mana pot drops will be enough to take care of your mana needs.

Once you hit lvl 60, it gets easier with mold fists. They are cheap to get, and their proc will make grinding free. If you get -interval wrists, it will make for very quick killing.

If you plan on AoE or Rebirth, boosting your axe AoE's will be needed as well. If you just want fists, you'll likely be focusing on air and water mobs for grinding. The extra xp boost helps, and these mobs are usually spread out, making fists the best weapon for killing them.

0 vit works fine, I haven't had any issues yet, and I'm working on lvl 92 right now. As long as you only need to Sutra heal every couple of mobs, there won't be an issue with what your vit is; it's about being able to heal the damage taken cheaply. Physical attack only mobs are great, and you can physical marrow them and get that much more damage reduction.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • Drunken_Chu - Dreamweaver
    Drunken_Chu - Dreamweaver Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    The best way I've found to be useful in parties is to get bracers of blood moon, max cyclone heel, and max heavens flame. Then you can heavens flame EVERY 30 seconds and people will LOVE you for it. Also you make a better DD than other bms or wizards, and even most archers, so that makes you even more useful.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    considering that fist dps is = or > than an equvalant level archer if you can do what chu has stated ya its rediculous i suggest getting glacial spike as well for when HF is in cooldown and you have 2 sparks

past level 60 just dont spark on bosses unless you want aggro....
    Gifs are hard to make work here