Going Pure

Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Wizard
http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=a4b464c89836680f

Thats something what im planning. My problem is the boots(the ones in pwcalc are place holders). Right now im trying to find a pair of boots. Im also looking for a better cape but nothing came up as of now. Gear that is 2 socket is gear that i havent got yet so i made them 2 socket preparing for the worst. Any suggestions?

-Mizuoni

P.S. im using the glaive in this one but i got a yaksa that i pvp with but i doubt i would be doing much of that as pure....even though its only 2k off by 2k defense full buff from my LA gear now.
Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
Post edited by Mizuoni - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• _makina_ - Sanctuary
    _makina_ - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Dark pants of hedes is overrated imo and overpriced 1 mill for 45 pdef, 1% pdef damage reduction, and 6 vit >.>. If you can find decent 3 stars it will be better and cheaper the problem is time finding it. Here is my char with my old lvl 84 wizard's wrist, chest, boots, and leggings (btw + the same and only 2 sockets as on your model) with your chars accessories, cape, helm, and weapon. I ended up with about 300 more hp and 200 more pdef then your model. I would just find some 1-3 stars with hp and pdef or one of those no need to invest too much and you will find better 3 stars then the ones i have on that model also. I took out that channeling wrist since its a waste since you didn't stack enough to really matter unless you like being .2 mps faster.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    i cant find anything that level atm, but there is some good stuff in AH right now thats 3 star 2-3 sockets but i dont end up with as much defense sharding all citrines
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
  • Nerithos - Sanctuary
    Nerithos - Sanctuary Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Exactly why are you using a genesis vestment with mediocre adds? ._.

I'd recommend a steppen (quite cheap) for the chest for survivability.

I'm personally using rank III/IV gear right now for the offensive boost as an arcane, got about -15% channeling stacked.

I shard everything with flawless garnets (save the weapon, of course), if that helps you any.
  • Crazy_Panda - Dreamweaver
    Crazy_Panda - Dreamweaver Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=a4b464c89836680f

Thats something what im planning. My problem is the boots(the ones in pwcalc are place holders). Right now im trying to find a pair of boots. Im also looking for a better cape but nothing came up as of now. Gear that is 2 socket is gear that i havent got yet so i made them 2 socket preparing for the worst. Any suggestions?

-Mizuoni

P.S. im using the glaive in this one but i got a yaksa that i pvp with but i doubt i would be doing much of that as pure....even though its only 2k off by 2k defense full buff from my LA gear now.

I'll be waiting for you Miz miz b:dirtyb:cuteb:thanks, u haznt been on DW in forebers make me sad sad b:sad
  • Taarloor - Harshlands
    Taarloor - Harshlands Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Miz why are you still lvl 83 dude? Goto GV ffs ;p
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Miz why are you still lvl 83 dude? Goto GV ffs ;p

I been in TT all week. This weekend is more TTs and aoe grinding butterflies. If i charge gold tomorrow i get a plat charm and GV all next week.
    I'll be waiting for you Miz miz b:dirtyb:cuteb:thanks, u haznt been on DW in forebers make me sad sad b:sad

I will one shot you too :P

I found some sleeves that give me more pdef than sea captain and they are unsharded! just gotta put 3 citrines in them. I think i might be able to RB as a pure wiz o.o

Exactly why are you using a genesis vestment with mediocre adds? ._.

I'd recommend a steppen (quite cheap) for the chest for survivability.

I'm personally using rank III/IV gear right now for the offensive boost as an arcane, got about -15% channeling stacked.

I shard everything with flawless garnets (save the weapon, of course), if that helps you any.

the genesis vestment gives 30 less HP than TT 80 gold. Thats not half bad imo. Stepps cape isnt worth it imo. Its stats dont look that useful to me. Im looking for an 80 top now but until then the genesis is the best thing in the AH.
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    hmmm restating before lv 86 is probably going to be a headache. You'll be looking for expensive top-end gear whilst you could be leveling, and then in three weeks you'll be trying to sell said gear because you will have upgraded at level 90.

Honestly, you're still pre-90 so it's totally excusable to wear light armor. If you charge zhen you ought to consider refining your nice LA gear to +4/5 so you can do Delta right after gamma. That's my 2cents at least Miz, good luck w/ whatever you do... You already know to find gear with +HP/p.def adds.
  • Cryxtal - Sanctuary
    Cryxtal - Sanctuary Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Dark pants of hedes 1mill ? Mmm back then it cost like 400k-600k ? Wow i wonder how much i can sell my +3 with 4 sockets. b:laugh
    Love Is Complicated.
    「愛は複雑だ.」
    Amor es muy complicado.
    《爱是复杂的》

Do not argue with an idiot, he will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience. b:bye
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Dark pants of hedes 1mill ? Mmm back then it cost like 400k-600k ? Wow i wonder how much i can sell my +3 with 4 sockets. b:laugh

b:surrender
    me bought the mold for 500k and used me own mats to craft it. (3 sockets) and me refined it to +2
    (>.<)
    so expensive...(it was 99999999999999 times more expensive then any piece of gear me has bought so far.) b:surrender
    DX
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Your HP is horrible, might as well ditch the crit ring(s) for HP ones. 1% crit really isn't going to do much compared to 100+ extra HP. Especially in rebirth etc. I also think your weapon sucks, both Endless Amb and Yaksa would help a lot more thanks to the HP/pdef boosts. If you're going pure MAG there isn't much need for a weapon like that. Even if you do use it, don't even bother adding those DEX points... just not worth it.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • SurferGirl - Dreamweaver
    SurferGirl - Dreamweaver Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    i think that u dont need all thos p deff shards at least not at 8x might wanna do it at 9x ur on a pve server after all but ur choice anyway
    oh and nice tome :P
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    hmmm restating before lv 86 is probably going to be a headache. You'll be looking for expensive top-end gear whilst you could be leveling, and then in three weeks you'll be trying to sell said gear because you will have upgraded at level 90.

Honestly, you're still pre-90 so it's totally excusable to wear light armor. If you charge zhen you ought to consider refining your nice LA gear to +4/5 so you can do Delta right after gamma. That's my 2cents at least Miz, good luck w/ whatever you do... You already know to find gear with +HP/p.def adds.

Well, i wont be doing delta because on my server they want you to have an insane amount of HP. Which isnt worth it imo. I doubt i would make it to 90 because i will be rerolling psychic shortly. That said, i think pure would help me more after RB because i can grind much faster.
    Your HP is horrible, might as well ditch the crit ring(s) for HP ones. 1% crit really isn't going to do much compared to 100+ extra HP. Especially in rebirth etc. I also think your weapon sucks, both Endless Amb and Yaksa would help a lot more thanks to the HP/pdef boosts. If you're going pure MAG there isn't much need for a weapon like that. Even if you do use it, don't even bother adding those DEX points... just not worth it.
    I found some other gear in AH. I bidded on one and bought some sleeves. I think im at 3k HP unbuffed and thats not using an HP tome. The +1% crit rings are there to stay until i get some good 2% ones. The one I use as LA add dex so they wouldnt be much help. I have a yaksa as stated before but I only use it for pvp, this is basically pve build.
    i think that u dont need all thos p deff shards at least not at 8x might wanna do it at 9x ur on a pve server after all but ur choice anyway
    oh and nice tome :P

I pk often. THe 9x on this server fail even with anni pack gear. A demon mage hit me for 2k with demon sandstorm and im still LA.
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I found some other gear in AH. I bidded on one and bought some sleeves. I think im at 3k HP unbuffed and thats not using an HP tome. The +1% crit rings are there to stay until i get some good 2% ones. The one I use as LA add dex so they wouldnt be much help. I have a yaksa as stated before but I only use it for pvp, this is basically pve build.
    Just make sure you use that yaksa @ rebirth etc, because the glaive is useless there.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Just make sure you use that yaksa @ rebirth etc, because the glaive is useless there.

i use my glaive for RB because with my yaksa:

"All mobs on me, in the center of the ring, just like a circus" b:surrender