Bm?bm!

ElN - Heavens Tear
ElN - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Blademaster
A lot of beginner Bm is complaining, or don't know how to play a strong Bm.
why are they always die?
why is BM so weak in pk?
My answer is, every class in PW is strong, you just have to play it the right way.

Here is Some Info on BM

Str-all in till u can get axe, add more if you want more attack
Dex-just put enough for armor and weapon.( don't prefer fist below 80lvl, and sword below 70lvl)
Vit-add more if u don't wanna die in TT or bh.(you don't have to add if you are very rich, that you can buy +10 +11 armor, or maybe you just depends on wine too much)
Mag-dont add, don't ask me why.

eq:
Heavy Plate-that's the armor u want!
Light Armor-If u wanna beat a wizard in dual so badly after 90lvl, go spend money on it. I don't want to see any bm below 90lvl wearing it.
Arcane Robe-Don't use, I won't explain.(IF you are wearing it please send me the picture XD)

weapon:
Axe: my favorite, best for PK. Very good in TT and bh.b:victory
Sword: Kinda useful in some case. Most of the BM using it in PW><?
Spear:not a spear person. skip skip. 59lvl skill is very good though.XD
Fist: Fast, strongest attack after 100lvl,With Heaven's Wrath, Boss will run awayXD (not prefer using fist in 1~80lvl)

PK and dual: since so many people using sword, i will compare it to axe.

Sword's Skill:
Mage Bane-slow down target (u rather waste 1 spark on slowing down the target or to use it on other skill, like Diamond Sutra?)
Spirit Chaser-yea yea, middle range attack. Can u use roar or use Aeolian Blade to Stun when you are that far away? after using Alter Marrow, this is nothing)
Atoms Strike: knock back target. same as Spirit Chaser...archer, venoc, and cleric will love this skill.
Myriad Sword Stance: who's gonna waste 2 spark in dual. Don't ask, don't want to explain.

Axe's skill:
since i make such a bad common on sword bm...I will skip the 39 49 59 skill on axe, because they waste mp and too slow in a pk.
Dragon Bash- 10lvl can stun target for 6 second. and it stun faster then lion roar and Aeolian blade(60% stun).

How to use Axe bm to PK:
Dragon Bash-->Tiger Maw,Draw Blood,Ocean's edge-->lion roar-->Tiger Maw,Draw Blood,Ocean's edge again. (those 3 skills + the Chanel and cast of Roar = 6 seconds) maybe you will have 0.1 oe 0.2 sec to use spark eruption to dodge the next stun b:shutup. I am teaching you XD, just click spark button like crazy when u get stun.)

Now, you can use Aeolian Blade to keep stunning. If you feel bad luck today, use Leap back or just use Cloud Sprint to jump back. Target's lion roar will get stuck. Then wait for Dragon Bash or lion roar's freeze time.(Is like couple seconds later)
When facing cleric, or venoc(non- heavy plate) 1 touch of them, they die XD
Of course you can use Will of Bodhisatva to immune stun. But Axe Bm also has it too. But Is sword Bm's attack higher or Axe? (stop BS about sword's attack speed is faster. you gonna use normal attack to pk?)Is sword bm's Vit higher or axe bm?

Is that mean you don't need dex? No, when you have better armor, to improve on hp, start clicking on dex like crazy XD. Bm without dex sucks, because they will miss too! You are not going to like it when facing a high eva archer. For VIT, it depends on how good is your armor. or +8 +10. add a little bit on VIT. +11 or +12....all goes into Dex for more critical. (Critical can combine w/ Sacrificial, think double and double XD)

Dex and Vit: For normal or poor Bm, You know you need hp more then critical hit. You can always put back the dex when you make more money.

(For those who play sword bm because it looks cool, you can always buy toy sword to play with when your lvl is higher and rich= =)

For Bh ,TT,warsong:
Bring 2 Bm(with skill), roar after roar, easy XD.Sword is very helpful in certain boss, but axe has 2 more widely attacking skill then sword. That's mean Axe can kill the little mob faster. Is safer for the cleric who using BB and the whole team. What i do is, i bring both sword and Axe.b:laugh BM is BM, don't limit yourself to use 1 kind of weapon only.

b:surrender So Tired Writing these...,hope it helps you understand more about Bm. Feel free to correct me or provide more info on Bm.
Post edited by ElN - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• ElN - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    b:surrender i will post lvling spot for 37~100lvl soon.
    1-36lvl can lvl by quest
  • Zerhee - Lost City
    Zerhee - Lost City Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Light Armor-go spend money on it.
    [...]
    Atoms Strike: knock back target. same as Spirit Chaser...archer, venoc, and cleric will love this skill.
    [...]
    Axe's skill:
    I will skip the 39 49 59 skill on axe, because they waste mp and too slow in a pk.
    [...]
    How to use Axe bm to PK:
    Tiger Maw,Draw Blood[...]spark eruption
    [...]
    Leap back
    b:embarrassb:embarrassb:embarrass

No offense, I assume, judging from these pearls, that your bm isn't very high. While i don't completely agree with the rest of your post, I'll try to correct those first.

I won't spend words on why LA bm is a bad choice 99% of the times cause it's widely (and emphatically o,o') explained in the stickies.

Fortunately or unfortunately, knockback doesn't work in pvp.

This thing about the 39 49 59 axe skills is what made me positive your bm isn't very high: while this -may- be true at low levels (i have no clue, i wasn't really into pvp as a lowbie), at decent levels those are 3 of your most deadly weapons: Cleave is your most non-chi sucking damaging skill, and i like throving in a Fissure when cooldowns are on (also demon fissure's slow turns out to be pretty good on squishy classes).
    As for HF, well... lol, if you want to kill anyone worthy after lv90 as an axe bm, HF has to be involved b:surrender.

Tiger Maw and Draw Blood shouldn't be leveled at all imho. Then again, they could have some use at low levels.
    As for spark, well, sparking on BM is a gamble: avoiding a melee's spark is a cakewalk unfortunately :x

As for leaps, ehrm... Tiger makes you swim faster, and that is pretty much the whole extent of leaps imho XD

Hope i've been useful.
    Far Beyond Driven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jhaernyl - Heavens Tear
    Jhaernyl - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited November 2009

I wouldnt say most Bm's are "sword", most Bm's are now multi weapon path, since they know not to limit themselves to one.
    For Bh ,TT,warsong:
    Bring 2 Bm(with skill), roar after roar, easy XD.Sword is very helpful in certain boss, but axe has 2 more widely attacking skill then sword. That's mean Axe can kill the little mob faster. Is safer for the cleric who using BB and the

BH: Yes axes are ok since the bosses go down quick

TT: hmmm personally due to dmg reduction on [?] bosses you want constant high DPS not spike dmg, so swords or fists win out. Also they help build chi faster allowing more dmg amping (HF, GS) or dmg reduction (Myriad) or allows for even higher DPS by allowing you to spark more often.

Also if you are the tank, the higher DPS of swords/fists help hold agro
  • ElN - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    i play the first generation PW. 97bm 107 archer...not very high
  • ElN - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    i choose those 3 skill cuz it add up to the right time for roar and is fast. you should learn more in dual0.0
  • Zerhee - Lost City
    Zerhee - Lost City Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Again no offense but... A WR97 using Tiger Maw? b:lipcurl
    Far Beyond Driven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RezzErection - Harshlands
    RezzErection - Harshlands Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    i dont care what weapon path you are going but the 29 axe skill is a must in pkb:shocked

and pking in a pve server is failb:chuckle

the leaps are not ment to be spammed and best with sword/poles
  • Seablue - Sanctuary
    Seablue - Sanctuary Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Yeah actually the tiger maw thing isn't exactly uncommon. Sage/demon version of tiger maw anyway.

According to the CN server ppl, it's standard for bms to chain 3 skills in after drake bash and roar (This is all assuming that you're facing only one target). Some claim that you can chain 4 skills after drake bash if your internet connection is good enough.

So only the common skill tree and meteor rush (in fact it's faster than drake sweep) is fast enough to fit this description.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    lol

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    b:nosebleedb:faint
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Demonized, these skills add to Axe DPS, which if sacrificial strike, allows for a combo of DPS and spike together.

Tiger Maw
    Draw Blood
    Fan of Flames
    Drake's Ray

These skills do not have long animation sequences, allowing you to cut the cast of the first skill used. So tiger maw + drake's ray combo let's you do two attacks in 1 second. The only thing really slowing it down, is the wait in between one two-skill combo and the next. And at high level, the skill damage adds are not as high as your base physical will be. The quick cast times of the lowly skills allow you to get base physical attack in more at the cost of some skill damage.

Not sure about the higher ones, you can cut the time on some of the skills, but the animation sequences prevent the amount of shortening gained from using those 4. Tiger Maw has a CD of 3, so every 3rd or 4th skill if possible should be that one. You want the shortest cast time as the second skill, such as Tiger + Drake, then Bleed + Fan (1.2 secs). Think the wait between combos is about 1 second, so Maw is recharged for the next round, but the longer CDs on the other 3 would mean using another skill with Maw as 2nd. I've videoed it to check the speed rate, and it might not be that useful until above +5 refinement on the axe. Will check when I have enough SP to learn the demon version of bleed and fan, only maw so far.

NOTE: Yes, I know my avatar is displaying the wrong level. Doesn't change that I'm a demon BM. That seems to crop up a lot if I don't mention that in discussions on celestial skills.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • DeathX - Lost City
    DeathX - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Whoa wtf she is wrong on vit and dex at lower lvls dex might seem pointless because ur attacks are stronger than ur crits but it can help u in the long run if u go dex just put hp shards to help u out and also STOP TRYING TO BE A DAMN BARB BMS ARE NOT MENT FOR THAT they are blademasters (master of all weps) all the physicle weps require dex DUH!!!!! and also i just restated from a vit build to a dex build it owns in pvp and pve i can hold my own against 7x bms and barbs sometimes even 8x trust me vit will get u no were all it will do is get u killed. WHY go vit to outlast a barb impossible or to last against a veno or mag impossible or to take hits from a archer like its pebbles impossible bms are classes that has a little bit of everything so stop trying to be something ur not go dex b:laughb:victory
  • DeathX - Lost City
    DeathX - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Again no offense but... A WR97 using Tiger Maw? b:lipcurl

If ur a demon wr tiger maw actually comes helpful u should know that if ur at that lvl b:chuckle
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    demon tiger maw is FAST

but ya necro please let this die
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • ssilly
    ssilly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    If ur a demon wr tiger maw actually comes helpful u should know that if ur at that lvl b:chuckle

Maybe a guy leveled by using oracles ? b:chuckle
  • RezzErection - Harshlands
    RezzErection - Harshlands Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    is this a guideb:question
  • Zephyl - Harshlands
    Zephyl - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2009

Here is Some Info on BM

really? i see Axes at every turn b:question