Question about lands

Marista - Lost City
Marista - Lost City Posts: 294 Arc User
edited November 2009 in General Discussion
With the big bdding war going on tonight, I'm contemplating jumping in and trying to get a territory for a week. However, I was talking to a friend and she said that you only get 1mil/week of the 10mil until you have 10,. Is that true? Everything I'd heard before suggested 10mil a week...

Thanks.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
So, I heard HA veno is the way to go? :3
Post edited by Marista - Lost City on

Comments

• WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    if you did magically win somehow, you get the flat 10 in one go, not installment payments.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Collapse - Harshlands
    Collapse - Harshlands Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    You get 10mil a week for every lvl 3 land you own. Lvl 2 lands give 20m per week and lvl 1 lands give 30m per week.
    Currently playing : |||| Waiting for:
    Allods |||||| G.W.2
    GW
    Bloodline Champions
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    GohRaL - Sanctuary Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    You get 10mil a week for every lvl 3 land you own. Lvl 2 lands give 20m per week and lvl 1 lands give 30m per week.

b:shockedb:surprised didn't knew that...

who get this money...? faction itself or a single person ?

b:shocked this means that Nef is earning like 30mil a day since when im here...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    b:shockedb:surprised didn't knew that...

who get this money...? faction itself or a single person ?

b:shocked this means that Nef is earning like 30mil a day since when im here...

You must hold onto the Land for one week and the money is sent to the leader of the faction.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Marista - Lost City
    Marista - Lost City Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Thanks, all.

Er... So, does that mean no payment for the first week after TW, Rose? Or does that week count as one held onto it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So, I heard HA veno is the way to go? :3
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Thanks, all.

Er... So, does that mean no payment for the first week after TW, Rose? Or does that week count as one held onto it?

You get:
    - 90% of bid back
    - 10m

So, the first week counts.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    You must hold onto the Land for one week and the money is sent to the leader of the faction.

b:shockedomg this is a nice features, im so noob at TW...

i read something in wiki, and had a few pick here and there but nothing that has made me a clear vision yet...

if u have a guide/thread that explains things better can u post it b:thanks?

btw i think that until i get into a TW im not gonna understand well...like RBb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    You get:
    - 90% of bid back
    - 10m

So, the first week counts.

Yup... ^ This.
    b:shockedomg this is a nice features, im so noob at TW...

i read something in wiki, and had a few pick here and there but nothing that has made me a clear vision yet...

if u have a guide/thread that explains things better can u post it b:thanks?

btw i think that until i get into a TW im not gonna understand well...like RBb:surrender

Ekk....I do not have a guide for this one. ='(

I can look for a thread, but I think there is something on the main site. =)Here
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    The first TW that you ever experience is exciting as hell. Lol, I remember the first few times doing TW. I was pulling cata for Hybrid against Knightz and first few rebirth TWs. Was staring at the clock in my taskbar for 5 minutes leading up to 11:03pm. Then, when the land turns red, you here people on vent saying "go go go". "enter". Fun times.

Some SS:
    2e1w1o6.jpg
    n3r9rd.jpg
    eu0oar.jpg

Harshlands PvE:
    vwyaur.jpg
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Dosinn - Dreamweaver
    Dosinn - Dreamweaver Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Basically, you two types of TW: PvP TW, and PvE TW.

PvE TW only takes place when you are trying to conquer an unclaimed piece of land. Your guild has 3 hours to kill 300 mobs, plus a Boss. If you kill them all, you get the territory. Standard bidding rules apply to unclaimed territories.

PvP TW is the primary type of TW. Here, 2 guilds fight one another to take over/defend a territory. Unlike regular PvP, you are in no danger of dropping items, or losing exp when you die, which means Guardian Scrolls are not required for TW. For attacking guilds, you have a single objective: destroy the crystal within the enemy base. You do this by dragging catapults to said crystal, and staying alive long enough for them to destroy the crystal. Catapults are the pretty much the only way to take down the crystal efficiently. Player atks just do not do enough dmg to the crystal. For defending guilds, there are essentially 2 strategies: 1st, you can turtle up, and hold out for 3 hours; 2nd, you can rush the atking force, and take out their crystal before they destroy yours. The same method used by the atking force do destroy the crystal is used by the defending force.

There is also a 2nd type of PvP TW: turning it into a giant, 3 hour long PK fest. This doesnt happen all that often, and only occurs because both guilds agree to it beforehand. Generally, no catapults are used, and its just a chance to have some friendly PKing without worrying about ppl stealing your stuff.

Hope this quick explanation helps those of you who have never TWed before.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    There are also plenty of TW videos on YouTube.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• GohRaL - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    There are also plenty of TW videos on YouTube.

yep, ive seen many, but all of those are from archers/veno prospectiveb:irritatedb:scorn

the only barb video ive found was from templar, doing a few armageddon and was awesome...

i got TW mechanics, attack and defense and that stuff, i just didnt thought of the reward part

btw i just have few question:

1.how do u damage catapults?

2.how do u carry cata? i mean u became a driver and stop using ur skills or is like it follows while u r into its range ?

3.what the difference between the 3road u can pick to reach enemy ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

>RETIRED<
  • Lieal - Dreamweaver
    Lieal - Dreamweaver Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    yep, ive seen many, but all of those are from archers/veno prospectiveb:irritatedb:scorn

the only barb video ive found was from templar, doing a few armageddon and was awesome...

i got TW mechanics, attack and defense and that stuff, i just didnt thought of the reward part

btw i just have few question:

2.how do u carry cata? i mean u became a driver and stop using ur skills or is like it follows while u r into its range ?

1. Catapults don't take damage if you attack them, they disappear when their Barb disappears.

2. You bind to it by talking to it and you can use your skills, they just follow you - but you have to go slow enough for it to keep up.

3. All roads are the same, but the middle on - B - is the shortest, and often used so steamroll others.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    1. Catapults don't take damage if you attack them, they disappear when their Barb disappears.

2. You bind to it by talking to it and you can use your skills, they just follow you - but you have to go slow enough for it to keep up.

3. All roads are the same, but the middle on - B - is the shortest, and often used so steamroll others.

2. You need to buy a Cata scroll at the NPC...you right click the scroll at the cata and you have it. IF you "leave"/lose the cata you will need another scroll to gain back control
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Peritia - Lost City
    Peritia - Lost City Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited November 2009

1. "Aim for the man, not the machine."

2. Don't know exactly, not a Barb.

3. The enemy defenders present, of course. Pick the path of least resistance, or perhaps that with the least remaining fixed defences (towers). Middle is technically the shortest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]