Question on Vit

Options
ejejewjewjewjewjew
ejejewjewjewjewjew Posts: 4 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Cleric
right now i plan on makin an arcane cleric with more of an offensive mindset over a party healer, my question is, cuz of Ironheart blessing and the other heals available, do i really need a base vit of 50 or so, or any vit period, or would 1 str 9 mag every 2 lvls suffice due to heals, thx
Post edited by ejejewjewjewjewjew on

Comments

• Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    right now i plan on makin an arcane cleric with more of an offensive mindset over a party healer, my question is, cuz of Ironheart blessing and the other heals available, do i really need a base vit of 50 or so, or any vit period, or would 1 str 9 mag every 2 lvls suffice due to heals, thx

You will need HP period. How you get that HP is a different ball game.
    50vit is lets say a bare minimum of free HP on stats while not gimping your attack/heals that much. With full mag build you will have to to be prepared to refine and shard a bit more then a slightly vit cleric, which again aint cheap =P
    b:dirty
  • MiHeeLove - Heavens Tear
    MiHeeLove - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Well, I would recommend that vit is good, only on the lower levels.
    If you don't have a resetter, I can guarantee that you will regret putting points into VIT.
    Instead of putting points, get the VIT and HP you need by armor.
    10HP = 1 VIT (I think)
    Plus, you have Mana shield like me.
    I'm an offensive cleric, with only heal skill Ironheart.
    It's working great, I'm level 20 right now, never have lost a duel with characters near my level.
  • ewingoil
    ewingoil Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    If you want to go hybrid no time like any to start now.It is really your choice.
  • Alantor - Dreamweaver
    Alantor - Dreamweaver Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I started out with to much vit at first (was 80) , but now i am at base 50 vit.

I shard all my gear (well, try to) with flawless citrines because of "survivability". I prefer having a bit of reserve in hp, esp when using charms that tick everytime you get hit hard....

When using charms, you have to keep in mind that they will tick whenever your hp goes below 50%. Keeping that in mind it's logical that you don't want to tick it everytime a mob hits ya. The more hp you have the less chance of it ticking.

Clerics aren't supposed to be damage dealers , i'm not discussing builds/skills here, but are a support class. As support you need to survive, period.

You either go with vit 5, which will allow you to do more dmg, thus taking mobs out faster, or you go with a capped vit of 50 (generally), which will allow you to survive more and get your charm ticked less.

IF you plan on sharding all your gear, you might choose to go with 50 vit capped, and shard with either citrines for more hp, or shard for Pdef.

If you play on soloing a lot and do more dmg, then go with 5 vit and shard as well with either citrines or go for more Pdef.

In my opinion, a cleric should be hard to kill, and should be a key player that can keep a party alive. This means "survive" long enough to rezz or heal others while they do the fighting.

There is nothing more bothersome then having a squishy cleric in a party that dies whenever he/she gets hit by aggro's or gets 1 shotted by bosses.b:surrender

If you want to be offensive, go with 5 vit, shard your gear like crazy and do lots of dmg. And don't forget, upgrade your weapon(s) when you can afford it. Nothing worse then being offensive with a crappy weapon.
  • Skybelle - Sanctuary
    Skybelle - Sanctuary Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Well, I would recommend that vit is good, only on the lower levels.
    If you don't have a resetter, I can guarantee that you will regret putting points into VIT.
    10HP = 1 VIT (I think)
    Plus, you have Mana shield like me.
    I'm an offensive cleric, with only heal skill Ironheart.
    It's working great, I'm level 20 right now, never have lost a duel with characters near my level.

At level 20, you don't really have a lot of skills to choose from to level. I kept my Wellspring Surge to level 1 until my level 50s, and didn't bother with BOTP until now. Plus, sharding your stuff at that level isn't worth it.

@ Alantor - I agree. As a cleric with 5 base vit, I admit it's sometimes hard to keep up with clerics the same level as me with around 2.2k HP (I currently have around 1.9k) and has more survivability than I do. I know I'm squishy so I tend to stay behind the squad and support the tank/DDs when needed.

But then again, some clerics just think they own the world and go ahead without everyone else and just cause trouble. @_@;

I sometimes pull aggro from monsters and I put plumeshell (which hurts my pocket really bad) and just continue attacking. Just like archers and their winged shell? But I do enjoy it when I'm squishy and everyone goes crazy if my HP goes down, lolol.

The damage output is great but I know I'm not built as a wizard or archer so normally, I'm for support when I'm the only cleric in squad.

That's my opinion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    my C H A R A C T E R S ; feel free to message me in game.
    Skybelle (cleric; currently on break) | Psybelle (psychic; rarely on) | Cocobelle (veno; current main)
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    10HP = 1 VIT (I think)

I agree with this.

For example, on my cleric after a bit of AH searching I came up with a +90 hp bonus on my helm, +50,+50hp bonus on my cape and a +80,+80hp bonus on my necklace. All together that would equal the same HP as +35 vitality. (this is around 4x)

You'll have to carefully manage your ornaments, shards and bonuses, and it will be difficult at the start, but it's quite manageable.
  • Lenyel - Harshlands
    Lenyel - Harshlands Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

roflmao b:chuckle
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Makes me lol, in every topic you see a troll, FTW....

Any ways that 1vit = 10HP is the only free HP you get.
    Unless you are CS user then by all means be a low lv cleric with 4k HP(made me lol when i saw that)
    b:dirty
  • Gawker - Harshlands
    Gawker - Harshlands Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I have a base of 95 vit O_O, don't be like me lol, stick to a base of 50-60 and than shard up your armour with pdef or citrines
  • LongWushi - Heavens Tear
    LongWushi - Heavens Tear Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I have a base of 95 vit O_O, don't be like me lol, stick to a base of 50-60 and than shard up your armour with pdef or citrines

b:chuckle I see nothing wrong with your Vit. I know some clerics on my server that have 100+ base Vit. My base Vit is 60, but I haven't yet decided I will raise it a little more.
  • Gawker - Harshlands
    edited November 2009
    Options
    b:chuckle I see nothing wrong with your Vit. I know some clerics on my server that have 100+ base Vit. My base Vit is 60, but I haven't yet decided I will raise it a little more.

phew b:cute thanks I was thinking of restating soon too, you just saved me a lot of money b:victory
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    My base is currently 20 (from noob days of stating left alone) and altho i am severely reluctant to add more >>; for the better safety and survival of myself ill probably try for more with restat. 50 seems like the norm i see these days...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    i have 75 base vit ............... and 103vit with my gear xD ..... and 3k hp unbuffed

and i havent refined all my gear yet either >_>

<---- thinkin of goin pure mag X_X
    ( then maybe a + 15 vit tome )
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I agree with this.

For example, on my cleric after a bit of AH searching I came up with a +90 hp bonus on my helm, +50,+50hp bonus on my cape and a +80,+80hp bonus on my necklace. All together that would equal the same HP as +35 vitality. (this is around 4x)

You'll have to carefully manage your ornaments, shards and bonuses, and it will be difficult at the start, but it's quite manageable.

One thing to keep in mind though is if you find some equipment that say has for example +50HP and a similar one that has +5 Vit- be sure to get the one with + 5 Vit.

Although the HP for both is the same, the +Vit will also increase your phys resistance by a small amount.
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • Tryagain - Harshlands
    Tryagain - Harshlands Posts: 716 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    There also seems to be some difference in the way HP modifiers work. The neck that gives +5% bonus to HP works differently on +HP gear and +VIT gear. I'm not exactly sure how it works, but when I lost +170 HP in mods, and gained +8 VIT, I was only down 20 HP?
  • thunde88
    thunde88 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    is vit important?

Im level 30 with 5 vit.

I have about 1k hp, from +hp gems.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    thunde88 wrote: »
    is vit important?

Im level 30 with 5 vit.

I have about 1k hp, from +hp gems.

you sharded your gear at lv30? o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Mrvate - Heavens Tear
    Mrvate - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    As a pure mag build vit is not necessary, especially if you plan to be a squad cleric. you won't need hp till 60's (needed then because of AoE boss's) and can get to 70's before sharding becomes more of a necessity, if you just look for armor with plus vit/hp. the biggest thing is you need to know how to not get hit (don't heal until aggro is taken). I think vit is more necessary as a solo cleric since you need to take the hit. but of course, all of this is my opinion.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    you sharded your gear at lv30? o.o

I sharded mine (if it happened to have sockets) with rough citrines from lv15 :P
  • Odesa - Dreamweaver
    Odesa - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Well, I been planning to do this...

I have 10 vit now, 32 Mag and enough Str to just wear my armor.
    I am also level 10, and pve.

I plan to be strictly healing for my group though, and I don't plan to do much soloing unless I have to for quests, which is why I lvled plumeshot and cyclone.

Should I get Plume Shell?
  • Chevellena - Heavens Tear
    Chevellena - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Well, I been planning to do this...

I have 10 vit now, 32 Mag and enough Str to just wear my armor.
    I am also level 10, and pve.

I plan to be strictly healing for my group though, and I don't plan to do much soloing unless I have to for quests, which is why I lvled plumeshot and cyclone.

Should I get Plume Shell?

yeah I think you should. I know that it might seem a waste of money and spirit if you dont duel etc. but for some cases like in bhs you might aggro and plume shell can really save your life. I have plume shell lvl 10 and use it in bhs and stuff in case I can take aggro by just healing
  • Odesa - Dreamweaver
    Odesa - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    bhs? So does the build I am doing, sound correct?
  • Newyn - Heavens Tear
    Newyn - Heavens Tear Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    BH=Bounty Hunt u get that from 40+ as a daily quest.
    To Lazy to make 1. b:infuriated
  • Marguarite - Sanctuary
    Marguarite - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

hey I have ,more than 120 points in vit and Im able to survive everything now ^^
  • Gawker - Harshlands
    edited November 2009
    Options
    hey I have ,more than 120 points in vit and Im able to survive everything now ^^
    like I said phew I'm gonna be okay b:victoryb:cute
  • _Baalbak_ - Dreamweaver
    _Baalbak_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I'm a pure arcane cleric, rarely get hit when soloing unless its a ranged mob. IHB is my only heal I've really leveled. Vanguard is my main buff, and I'll be getting that +magic attack one as soon as it comes available.

even though I only have like 600 HP and two attacks, im having fun with it. I pretty much solo to be honest and dont see a need for vit as of yet. yeah some bosses later on will have AoE, so I'll bridge that gap when it comes by using shards and what not.
  • Missy_kathie - Sanctuary
    Missy_kathie - Sanctuary Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    thanks again for the info..b:victory
    *ChicknFlick*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Senpai_ - Sanctuary
    _Senpai_ - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I got a base vit of 3 lol. I shard immaculate Citrines on everything to compensate, +16 vit bonus, 6 immac and 4 citrine gem (+115 each) i got about 2.8k hp at my lvl. Plume Shell at lv 10 to save my self from phy atk giving me time to kill the monster. i do around 6k-8k( 403 mag b:victory) per plume shot on mobs my lvl so soloing not that bad.
  • Bagoly_ - Sanctuary
    Bagoly_ - Sanctuary Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

b:shocked You're a clarb. Haha no offense. ^^ I think it can work with a good weapon... How much is your base m.atk? I'm curious.
  • thunde88
    thunde88 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Im a beginner to this kind of games.

Yes i have use hp stones since lvl 10 i think. Dont i need to do it?
    If i put some points in vit my mag-attack be to low. And no one want to squad with me + they do so little dmg :/