Just to know.........

XxArchmagexX - Dreamweaver
XxArchmagexX - Dreamweaver Posts: 165 Arc User
edited November 2009 in General Discussion
One day I was wondering how does Perfect World chooses its Game Masters and Moderators.

Or is it true that they are players that have been playing for a looooooooooooooooooooooooooong while and have a very high lvl character so PW choses them to have those titles?

Or they are people that PW hires just as any other company employee?

Or who?
Post edited by XxArchmagexX - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    One day I was wondering how does Perfect World chooses its Game Masters and Moderators.

Or is it true that they are players that have been playing for a looooooooooooooooooooooooooong while and have a very high lvl character so PW choses them to have those titles?

Where did you hear something this dumb?? I sure as heck hope you don't believe that.

What do you think? A company that makes tonnes of money and they hire people based on skills and education?? MADNESS!!!!!

What is this community coming to these days.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • Nukesrus - Harshlands
    Nukesrus - Harshlands Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    What is this community coming to these days.

Jesus Christ, someone asked an honest question. Everyone hit the sarcasm button!

To answer the OP's question, they hire them based on skills and experience, just like any other job. I assume that it differs according to position, though. The GMs in the technical support area would have different qualifications than the ones here in General.
  • XxArchmagexX - Dreamweaver
    XxArchmagexX - Dreamweaver Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Then how?

Dont just say ideas are bad if u dont have a new one to share. b:victory
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    edited November 2009

This deserves sarcasm....period....Especially since they are somewhat believing what they have heard.

Or who?

Not following what you mean here??
    Jesus Christ, someone asked an honest question. Everyone hit the sarcasm button!

And as I have seen in some other threads you are having quite the day. Keep it up. b:bye

On a separate note, will PWI ever be a happy community again? I know that I am quite happy. b:victory
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    The how?

Dont just say ideas are bad if u dont have a new one to share. b:victory
    The people who are nice and got presents from santa became the gms. The people who didn't get any presents from santa became the devs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    The people who are nice and got presents from santa became the gms. The people who didn't get any presents from santa became the devs.

I like that idea, but don't you think it might be the other way around??

Since the GM's have to deal with our **** daily you would think they got the short end of the stick??

But very nice idea.
  • Karst - Dreamweaver
    Karst - Dreamweaver Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited November 2009

Or who?

Moderators are players like you and me and are unpaid volunteers. They say they've been chosen by being nice and helpful. They only have their moderator "powers" on the forum, though.
  • Aerilya - Sanctuary
    Aerilya - Sanctuary Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Not everyone can figure this stuff out it seems. GMs are people who applied for the position with the company, were chosen based on their qualifications and skills (in this case I'd say interests as well), just like an employee of a bank or real estate company. It is a regular job where they get regular paychecks, have an office, much like any other office worker (except they get the better deal, so much more fun lol ).
  • fourthaccount
    fourthaccount Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    so forum mods get paid to sit on their bum all day and lock up threads. yeah, what is the world coming to these days?
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    so forum mods get paid to sit on their bum all day and lock up threads. yeah, what is the world coming to these days?

So you are Fourthaccount because your other 3 have been banned?
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    probably.
    b:chuckle
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fourthaccount
    edited November 2009
    So you are Fourthaccount because your other 3 have been banned?

____correct
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited November 2009

I don't think the mods get paid at all... they are just random players who happened to be choosen to be mods. Not sure about the criteria of it all, but they don't necessarity have to be skilled/experienced in the game.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • fourthaccount
    edited November 2009
    I don't think the mods get paid at all... they are just random players who happened to be choosen to be mods. Not sure about the criteria of it all, but they don't necessarity have to be skilled/experienced in the game.

doesnt sound like a fun way to live your life though
  • Aelebera - Heavens Tear
    Aelebera - Heavens Tear Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited November 2009

they are here because of morons like you

less people like you, and the forums wouldnt need mods

see the problem
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2009

Nope, forum mods are purely volunteers, admins like myself are employed by the companyb:victory
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Nope, forum mods are purely volunteers, admins like myself are employed by the companyb:victory

hmm...
    b:puzzled
    does that mean the hamster can become a forum mod?
    =O
    like whats his name?
    balraak? or something?
    b:chuckle
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Karst - Dreamweaver
    Karst - Dreamweaver Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Moderators are players like you and me and are unpaid volunteers. They say they've been chosen by being nice and helpful. They only have their moderator "powers" on the forum, though.
    b:shutup10chars