am i messing up?

BloodJunky - Harshlands
BloodJunky - Harshlands Posts: 39 Arc User
edited November 2009 in General Discussion
well ever since last weekend ive been just grinding..putting off quests that didnt REALLY need to be done. what im wondering is .. is this gona hurt me in the long run?

and how much rep do i need for bh69-79-89 or w/e and so on..

i just tend to spend alot more money on pots when doing quests..and i find it annoying when u got 60 mobs to kill and theres only like 5 spawns of that mob and they are spread out sooooo far

:(...just very tedius...any advice for me?
Post edited by BloodJunky - Harshlands on

Comments

• Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Don't slack on your Spiritual Cultivation quests. If you're not already aware, you NEED to do those to acquire new skills.
    (I'd think by this point you know that, but just sayin'...)

Otherwise: Do what you enjoy. Have fun, while there's fun to be had. The higher you go, the fewer quests you get and the more grind you end up with, so I'd take advantage of the quest exp while you can. Rep isn't really important unless you desperately want the Rank VIII weapons & gear (not worth the effort IMO). The rank insignia ring is easily replaced with other, better rings - 3* with the right buffs, or Leg (Rage of Crixalis at... 66 I think? And Misty later on).
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    well... it's probably just going to be annoying to see your 'find quest' list grow.
    I didn't quest too for a long... long time...
    all counted up... I'll have to kill like 700 mobs now to catch up with all my quests b:surrender

but I don't think it'll harm in some way...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • BloodJunky - Harshlands
    edited November 2009
    thanks for ur comments, yeah i do all my spiritual cults..but dont u need a certain amount of rep to DO the spiritual cult? or am i just confused
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I recommend doing all your quests since you get exp while killing mobs then after you get EXP/SP for completing the quest.

You also get really nice items for rewards for completing some quests.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
    edited November 2009
    yeah but my problem is money.. most quests give u a single mob to kill in the middle of bout 4 other aggro types...and they all have magic attacks so i usually end up dieing atleast once in each quest..and the drops are 99% of the time poor..pots r just to expensive..

i have just been grindin on foxwing supremes..only mob ive found that actually make good money on from the flexible sinew- leathers.. these are the ONLY reason im not broke ..rough life of a barbarian on str build lol
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    thanks for ur comments, yeah i do all my spiritual cults..but dont u need a certain amount of rep to DO the spiritual cult? or am i just confused

You only need a specific amount of rep for your first fb at level 19.

Otherwise, rep does not affect your culti in any way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
    edited November 2009
    thank you rose that was my main worry..
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Flesh-ream to grab your target, then retreat - drag the mob out of the group to avoid complications. Quest with a friend (*veno especially, for pulling and fire support).
    Use Alacrity pounce to cancel enemy casting, if you don't already.
    Use Sunder to recover HP, spare yourself some HP pot use.

Honestly, I hated my 60's with a passion bordering on clinically insane, but doing the quests, gritting your teeth, and getting through them as quickly as possible will make the rest more bearable.

Edit: Even if your sole focus has been human-form skills, the three above are invaluable. Yes you'll deal less damage, but your survivability goes up drastically, you're faster on the ground in tiger-form, and with Alacrity you can spare yourself the brunt of the pain.
    edited November 2009
    buying fwends :'( lol

anyone know anyother good grindin mobs..with good dq drops and maybe a material of sorts
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    yeah but my problem is money.. most quests give u a single mob to kill in the middle of bout 4 other aggro types...and they all have magic attacks so i usually end up dieing atleast once in each quest..and the drops are 99% of the time poor..pots r just to expensive..
    Get a zeal genie (costs 3 mirages, or about 50-80k from cat shops). The starter skill will pull a single mob from the bunch.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Nah, don't worry about quests, as long as you're doing your SC and fb's you're fine. They're a pain for melee classes and rarely worth the hassle and time.

At your level I spent most of my time grinding foxwings. Non-agro, flying mobs (more exp) that are easy to kill and have decent drops. I made 1-2m per level there from level 58-63 just pure grinding and ignoring everything else.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Note that only the foxwing supremes by the starter cities are non-aggro; the ones by Tusk Town will aggro.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • fourthaccount
    fourthaccount Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    All Aboard The Qq Express
  • Kristiona - Heavens Tear
    Kristiona - Heavens Tear Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    You are not and can not mess up. Simple answer long as your doing what has to be done like spiritual quest and FB's that's fine. Its a game play it the way you want and have fun. Its about fun so enjoy yourself.
    edited November 2009
    thanks everyone