ALT + TAB issue, possible work-around

VectorClaw - Lost City
VectorClaw - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
edited November 2009 in General Discussion
Hellio there peeps. So for ages and ages a few of us have had a problem with ALT + TAB out of the game back to windows, and then tabbing back in. With me the game crashes and a support screen pop-up asking if id like to send the data to PWI (actually id prefer it if when i crash u disconnect my character so i dont re-log with half my charm gone in a feild full of unhappy monsters, that'd be nice). Long-story short i think i may have a work-around for this problem.

If im in game and press ALT+ F4 (as in the close program command) i get taken back to the desktop and PWI sits as an icon in the systray (where your clock is, bottom-right hand corner). Once im done with all my stuff on the desktop i can double click the icon and load up PWI again with no crashes and without anything going fubar in the game.

Hope this works for many many more of you out there.
Post edited by VectorClaw - Lost City on

Comments

• Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Run window mode.

Grab the corners of the window and stretch it out to fill the whole screen.

Everything is lovely.
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I just run in window mode....
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • PlayBoyRose - Dreamweaver
    PlayBoyRose - Dreamweaver Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Does Windowed Mode look better???
    If your a tideborn, and life gets you down b:shedtear
    You know what u do???? b:puzzled-->[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedBetty - Harshlands
    RedBetty - Harshlands Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    same story in window mode.
    and when u accidently stretch the borders ----> crash ---> report bug
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    bleh window mode solved the crashing part thingy....
    but at what cost???? b:cry
    me don't like seeing the borders/smaller screen/little toolbar thingy in the bottom.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    Chillum - Dreamweaver Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    bleh window mode solved the crashing part thingy....
    but at what cost???? b:cry
    me don't like seeing the borders/smaller screen/little toolbar thingy in the bottom.

What display size do you use?

On Windows 7 64bit I run a desktop resolution 1280x1024 with the game windowed at 1280x960.

It's a small reduction in size but I can live with it. There is still the odd random crash but doesn't happen too often.

With the game window a little less than the desktop resolution, I can see the taskbar at the bottom.

Regards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Have to agree with others. First it was screwed up on FS mode until they solved it with language packs, then on an update they screwed it up even with language packs on FS so now WM is pretty much your only choice if you alt tab.
  • Destini - Dreamweaver
    Destini - Dreamweaver Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    same story in window mode.
    and when u accidently stretch the borders ----> crash ---> report bug

+1. Can't count how many times I've done this. Sometimes in the middle of an instance.b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Of course I want to make you giggle, but this is serious. b:chuckle

Other Characters:

Ivy_>Psychic>Level 92>Sage>Active
    Serenata>Venomancer>Level 44>Inactive until further notice
    Avocet>Cleric>Level 25>same as above
    Descorian>Blademaster>Level 5> The love child of Destini and Escorian...but I hardly play her...b:surrender

PS: Caffeine Detox sucks!
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    +1. Can't count how many times I've done this. Sometimes in the middle of an instance.b:cry
    Same. But it makes me feel better it happens to a lot of others too. b:chuckle
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    With the game window a little less than the desktop resolution, I can see the taskbar at the bottom.

that be the bit me don't like lols. screen size me can live with. (X_X) but win xp doesn't exactly let you modify teh taskbar size. (T.T) me miss win 98 lols..mayhaps me should switch over to linux.
    (>.<)'
    also ehh.. no crash so far for me in windowed mode.
    b:surrender
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Run window mode.

Grab the corners of the window and stretch it out to fill the whole screen.

Everything is lovely.

^This

Plus you get the option of switching quickly when you want to surf the net :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Windows mode is a bit smaller on my screen (it won't stretch to fill the entire screen), and it has its own problems. In my experience...

1. Freeze up and crash / non responsive
    2. Stretch screen and crash
    3. Stretch screen and graphics get messed up
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Windows mode is a bit smaller on my screen (it won't stretch to fill the entire screen), and it has its own problems. In my experience...

Update video card drivers?
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    tweakz wrote: »
    Update video card drivers?

They're up to date.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2009

weird never had that sort of problem
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan