New (Useful) Wiz Squad buff

Options
ElderSig - Dreamweaver
ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Suggestion Box
As we all know, the only buff wizards have to give to another player is Frostblade, and we haven't even figured out if that really even does anything >.>

What I'm suggesting is a single-player buff that wizards can cast on another player.

It's similar to Veno's Lending Hand Skill, where the veno gives a player their spark. One thing that wizards have a **** load of is mp, so what I'm suggesting is that wizards could give another player some of their mp. Of course, the player cannot receive more mp than they could hold normally.

For example, cleric is BBing on a boss, but they're uncharmed and having a little trouble keeping up their mp, so this wizard's skill could allow him to give the cleric a certain percentage of his current mp to the cleric. You could give it a 60 second cooldown like lending hand so as to not make it OP.

I just thought this could allow the wizard class to bring something else to the squad beside our damage.

If you think it's OP, say so. If you have any suggestions for it, please give them. :)

Thank you for your time.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by ElderSig - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Trista_Zel - Dreamweaver
    Trista_Zel - Dreamweaver Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    It sounds good. It could help archers out in the same situation with Barrage (so long as they don't run out of ammo >.<). Not sure how helpful it would be to Venos, Barbs, or BMs though. I'm sure it'd have its uses with them too.
    Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    It sounds good. It could help archers out in the same situation with Barrage (so long as they don't run out of ammo >.<). Not sure how helpful it would be to Venos, Barbs, or BMs though. I'm sure it'd have its uses with them too.

I know of barbs that don't spam aggro skills because of MP issues. One reason I'm looking at going demon (demon IH = 300 MP per cast).

I like the idea, but I'm not sure how much it would actually be used...mainly because wizards NEED pretty much all of their MP. Unless the ratio was the other player got 10 MP for every 1 you gave up, the wizzies kind of need the MP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    b:surrender
    we eat up the most MP out of all classes.
    b:shocked
    but....sounds like an interesting idea.
    (o.o)'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hagrid - Dreamweaver
    Hagrid - Dreamweaver Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    As a Cleric I go through easily 300 Mana pots while grinding or questing because of the skills I have to use to not only kill mobs, but to be able to keep myself alive. I would like to see this not only added to Wizards but something similar added for Clerics as well.

As Clerics we have 3 skills that help regen HP, but not one to help regen MP.
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    As a Cleric I go through easily 300 Mana pots while grinding or questing because of the skills I have to use to not only kill mobs, but to be able to keep myself alive. I would like to see this not only added to Wizards but something similar added for Clerics as well.

As Clerics we have 3 skills that help regen HP, but not one to help regen MP.

You have the regen buff that increases regen of both hp and mp, much like wizard water or fire shield
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • laaaawl
    laaaawl Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I know of barbs that don't spam aggro skills because of MP issues. One reason I'm looking at going demon (demon IH = 300 MP per cast).

I like the idea, but I'm not sure how much it would actually be used...mainly because wizards NEED pretty much all of their MP. Unless the ratio was the other player got 10 MP for every 1 you gave up, the wizzies kind of need the MP.

mages rly need something usefull. trying to get hh parties is a pain
    breit gebaut, braun gebrannt, 100 kilo hantelbank.
  • Barbariankev - Heavens Tear
    Barbariankev - Heavens Tear Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    idc whats wrong with the current wizzy buff it amplifys my damage a bit thus gaining more agrob:laugh
    its impossible to always do the right thing we all make mistakes i am not different from that
    just try to be a good person

english isn't my native language so there might be a few spelling/grammatical errors in my posts
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    *wishes earth barrier could be casted on others*
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    *wishes earth barrier could be casted on others*

YES
    That would make everyone want a wizzie in squad.
    Imagine a barb/BM with +100% phys def buff b:laugh

Also, the cleric could do with a glacial embrace for an extra 10mp/sec

I like it, though I'm afraid it would be abit OP to buff a BM with that XD
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • XxArchmagexX - Dreamweaver
    XxArchmagexX - Dreamweaver Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    The idea its nice but check my idea also i guess that people will like it toob:victory

Note: My idea is just a few treads form this one.
  • laaaawl
    laaaawl Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    YES

the 25000 on my WR are not enough. xD
    breit gebaut, braun gebrannt, 100 kilo hantelbank.
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Options

b:surrender
    we eat up the most MP out of all classes.
    b:shocked
    but....sounds like an interesting idea.
    (o.o)'

Ok, so us wizards do use ALOT of mp, but we don't lose it as fast as a cleric BBing does. Plus, with lvl 10 glacial embrace + cleric mp regen buff, I'm regening 10 mp/sec while in combat. Also, while a wizard DDing is very helpful, if we absolutely had to take a 30 second mp break while fighting a TT boss it wouldn't cause a squad wipe, unlike the poor cleric.

But I like the conversion ratio idea Aadi. Maybe not 10 to 1, but maybe like 5 to 1. Example:

Mana Flow
    Range: 28.5meters
    Mana: 200
    Channel: 0.8 seconds
    Cast: 1.0 seconds
    Cooldown: 60.0 seconds
    Weapon: Unarmed, Magic Instruments

Using the powers of the elements, drain yourself of some of your magical essence and bestow it upon your comrade. Restores up to 1000 mp to squad member.

That's just an idea, feel free to tweak. Most people seem to like the idea, but most also say it needs some work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kagaro - Dreamweaver
    Kagaro - Dreamweaver Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    It's a good idea, except that the wizards need a ton of MP. How about a different effect.

Here's something I would go for. Since Wizards are elemental, they should have a buff to add elemental damage to another players attacks, as well as increasing elemental defense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Simple idea:

Make Wellspring Quaff a squad buff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Simple idea:

Make Wellspring Quaff a squad buff.

i like this idea much more than the other. Although I could easily see this causing problems for people that use mp charms.

Everyone gathers for buffs, when wizard increases everyone's mp by 60%, all charm users get a tick off their charm :P I guess u could remedy that by changing the amount it increases, though I still want that 60% for me. Maybe take away the spark requirement if its a squad buff too :P
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Abide - Harshlands
    Abide - Harshlands Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    YES

Yeah lols everyone would have stone barrier on, That'll really get the other classes attention.

but it'll be OP.
    ~! Pkers Cons !~
    Pking Noobs = Raging Noobs = Noobs get high level ( Also feeling sorry that level 30's getting pked by 80s+ = Them same Noobs that was being pked and now is a higher level Thurst bang them same high levels that were pking them = Hurting the Clans that pk low level noobs because in the long run them same noobs might would of want to join your faction but now they think otherwise and go to another faction.

This is the life line i will live.

완벽한 세상이 프로.
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Yeah lols everyone would have stone barrier on, That'll really get the other classes attention.

but it'll be OP.
    it wouldn't be funny for an archer to hit a barb with 40k phys def...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    i like this idea much more than the other. Although I could easily see this causing problems for people that use mp charms.

Everyone gathers for buffs, when wizard increases everyone's mp by 60%, all charm users get a tick off their charm :P I guess u could remedy that by changing the amount it increases, though I still want that 60% for me. Maybe take away the spark requirement if its a squad buff too :P

Maybe it should give full MP (to prevent charm ****) and have it take 2 sparks? It only needs to be cast twice an hour.

I could definitely use it in RB. Archers actually have the highest mana use in the game. Demon Barrage is 655 MP / 2.5s (1310 MP / 5s) and my base mana of 2.3k just can't do it efficiently. Even in normal instances about 1/3 of every seseme I take is wasted.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Maybe it should give full MP (to prevent charm ****) and have it take 2 sparks? It only needs to be cast twice an hour.

I could definitely use it in RB. Archers actually have the highest mana use in the game. Demon Barrage is 655 MP / 2.5s (1310 MP / 5s) and my base mana of 2.3k just can't do it efficiently. Even in normal instances about 1/3 of every seseme I take is wasted.

I have to admit also, I like the squad version of wellspring quaff better than my own lol. I would take off the two spark requirement though, i'm pretty sure no one else's squad buffs take 2 sparks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zerelle - Harshlands
    Zerelle - Harshlands Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I don't think that the skills of the existing classes will ever change.... The only way this could happen is through genie skill