Refining Failed

Tawnos - Dreamweaver
Tawnos - Dreamweaver Posts: 261 Arc User
edited November 2009 in General Discussion
I am trying to refine for the very first time. I have a robe that have never been refined. I tryed to refine it but it failed. The documentation on PWI web site indicates that after level 1 refining any further refining is not guarented. However this robe is level 0 refining and still the refining failed. What is wrong?

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/guide/refining

mistique%20robe.jpg

Refine.jpg
Post edited by Tawnos - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    "Starting from level 1, your success is not guaranteed."

It does not say it may fail AFTER the first refine, it says it can fail DURING the first refine.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Even level 1 refinement isn't guaranteed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I wish refining from 0 - 1 was guaranteed. Save me alot of money, yo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Tawnos - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Even level 1 refinement isn't guaranteed.

The site guide reads:
    Starting from level 1, your success is not guaranteed. If you fail an upgrade, your item returns to level 0 unless you use a special item.

If the item returns to level 0 that means that there is a level 0 refining (not refined) but the say starting from level 1 is not guaranteed. If level 1 and level 0 is not the same it makes sense the warning: starting from level 1. But if there is a level 0 and is neither guarantee then it should read: refining is never guaranted instead of starting from level 1.
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    The guide is referring to the upgrade from 0 to 1 as level 1, just like Refining level 2 is from 1 to 2b:victory

This is because it is not possible to refine from -1 to 0, once you start refining, you're aiming at the next level, which is the number being referenced. It's really semantics, but I have kept news posts regarding refining sales consistent with the language referenced in the guide, I'm sorry to hear that this was confusing.
  • Tawnos - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    "Starting from level 1, your success is not guaranteed."

It does not say it may fail AFTER the first refine, it says it can fail DURING the first refine.

Shouldnt it simply say: refining is never guaranteed?
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    EDIT: Damn, ninja'd by Spoons. Curse you!

You could interpret it to mean that starting at level 1 refinement (meaning 0->1), your success is not guaranteed.

Anyway, various things on the site are incorrect. Perhaps this is another. I've spent around 20 mirages trying to +1 something once.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tawnos - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    You could interpret it to mean that starting at level 1 refinement (meaning 0->1), your success is not guaranteed.

Anyway, various things on the site are incorrect. Perhaps this is another. I've spent around 20 mirages trying to +1 something once.

Thanks for explaining it!
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    More importantly, why are you refining at lv 26? Most players agree that refining's pricy and pointless until at least 60+.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    More importantly, why are you refining at lv 26? Most players agree that refining's pricy and pointless until at least 60+.

Was waiting for that. b:chuckle

I agree that refining at level 26 is rather pointless since you soon outlevel your gear and it makes very little difference in actual performance.... but c'mon it's only a mirage... ^^ Not like there's a set rule that says "no refining until lv60" either.

Personally I think players who spam tele's all day are wasting a great deal more money that a low level indulging in a refine or two on their gear.
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Personally I think players who spam tele's all day are wasting a great deal more money that a low level indulging in a refine or two on their gear.

*shuffles feet*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I was starting refining just with TT 90 green armor. Not earlier. Save you mirages. You will need lot of them.b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]