Tips you wish you had known (as a noob Barb).

Alyosha - Lost City
Alyosha - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Barbarian
After alot of reading, I have ended up with more questions than answers!

Some things I could use help with.

At what level can I start tanking in dungeons/parties?

I have read that there is a really good quest reward weapon at 19, but it takes alot of str and a bit of dex to use. Where do I get it, and how much str/dex?

Is there a way for me to get more inventory space rather cheaply? It seems like I'm always full.

Any random monster drops I should really hold onto? Right now I only hold onto the dragon quest drops.

Where is the auction house? or w/e it is called that lets me buy equip from players.

Any tips/help would be appreciated, I'm lvl 11 right now 2nd day playing.
Post edited by Alyosha - Lost City on

Comments

• SacroScant - Dreamweaver
    SacroScant - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    i second all of these.
  • Worship - Harshlands
    Worship - Harshlands Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    ok once you are in the 40s you will start tanking your bhs.

the fb19 trial polexe you get you will be able to wield if you did the basic barb build: 6 str, 3 vit, 1 dex every 2 levels.

There isnt really a way to get more inventory space cheap lol sorry.

Hold on to dq and mats such as rough fur, and concentrated glue, and purified oils... once you get to archasaur you will be able to sell all of these for much more in a catshop at west arch.

You can access the AH by talking to any auctioneer. There is one in all the main cities.

Umm basic barb tips.. level great swing, flesh ream, follow hp barb build
  • X_Desolate_X - Heavens Tear
    X_Desolate_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    ok once you are in the 40s you will start tanking your bhs.

the fb19 trial polexe you get you will be able to wield if you did the basic barb build: 6 str, 3 vit, 1 dex every 2 levels.

There isnt really a way to get more inventory space cheap lol sorry.

Hold on to dq and mats such as rough fur, and concentrated glue, and purified oils... once you get to archasaur you will be able to sell all of these for much more in a catshop at west arch.

You can access the AH by talking to any auctioneer. There is one in all the main cities.

Umm basic barb tips.. level great swing, flesh ream, follow hp barb build

^ all this b:victory

I would like to add grabbing nectar and golden herb to make the level 1 apothecary item 'life powder'. It's especially good in the early levels. I still use the stuff and my barb is level 47. (lasts for 10 minutes. as long as a cleric doesn't celestial guardian buff over it b:surrender)
  • Kagaro - Dreamweaver
    Kagaro - Dreamweaver Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Tip #1

Don't sell materials such as rough fur, concentrated glue, silk thread, and purified oil EVER!! When you're my level you'll wish you hadn't.

Tip #2

If you don't want a giant target on your **** the minute you hit level 30, switch to a pve server. Otherwise, higher level players will look at you and think "ooh fresh meat"

Tip #3

A barb's dex is low, but I find that using a bow is great for pulling in certain places. You should get one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    At what level can I start tanking in dungeons/parties?
    Well you can start as soon as your party would like you too. Thing is theres too many high levels eager to help you out with your FBs, (since they get a nice exp reward doing so) and they will mostly want you to just stay back and stay alive. In general though you may find yourself tanking the 39 culti bosses. Most will say the 60s is when you start tanking for sure.

I have read that there is a really good quest reward weapon at 19, but it takes alot of str and a bit of dex to use. Where do I get it, and how much str/dex?
    The trial pole axe (requires 61str and 15dex) is a lvl 20poleaxe which you will get after you complete your first dungeon (i.e. FB19). You will get a tablet (call to duty) at lvl19, which you use during your FB to give exp to your squad for killing the boss.
    Its a pretty cool wep, with a chance for increased accuracy. I remember using mine till I was 37 or so.

Is there a way for me to get more inventory space rather cheaply? It seems like I'm always full.
    You can expand the bank inventory upto 2 more rows, by doing two quests for the banker and getting the required items. After that though, its only the cash shop items I'm afraid.

Any random monster drops I should really hold onto? Right now I only hold onto the dragon quest drops.
    I used to keep DQ drops. But I personally didnt find DQ worth the time or effort, so I started NPCing all of them. I now just hang on to materials that are used in manufacturing stuff.

Where is the auction house? or w/e it is called that lets me buy equip from players.
    Theres one auctioneer in each of the starter cities [Lost (left of the big wolf), Etherblade and Plume]. There are three in Archosaur (N,W and S) and one in dreamweaver port and one in 1000 streams city (though the last two would be out of your reach atm).
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Iseria - Harshlands
    Iseria - Harshlands Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Tip #1

Don't sell materials such as rough fur, concentrated glue, silk thread, and purified oil EVER!! When you're my level you'll wish you hadn't.
    are you talking about production skills? if thats so, then its complete waste of time to get them, trust me. find yourself a nice faction and ask others to do it for you. OR if you are rich buy the mats with gold from the cash shop (really now, does someone really spend money on these*arches eyebrow). if in your faction no one has level 4+ production skills, then teamwork! i have played on some private servers with easy acces to mats and even so it could still take up to 10 tries to get the 2*needed to complete the quest. needless to say, 10 people individually trying to get their lvl 4 (or worst 6) production skill will take a lot of time and be very boring. cooperate so that at least 1 gets the production skills and then that person manufactures things for the rest of the faction.

*edit: beside with BH and CS this days you level very fast right to the 70s-80s where its worth spending some millions to buy legendary or twilight equipment. if you buy them already manufactured then you wont need Production skills a lot(maybe apothecary cause its easy and good replacement for charm)
    i have lvl 1 in all productions and bought myself a decent gear in AH
  • ElMiedo - Heavens Tear
    ElMiedo - Heavens Tear Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Just to add on about the fb19 weapon: It's a pretty good weapon. Personally, I think the level 20 dual hammers you get from the supply box are better though.
  • SashaSlick - Sanctuary
    SashaSlick - Sanctuary Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Just to add on about the fb19 weapon: It's a pretty good weapon. Personally, I think the level 20 dual hammers you get from the supply box are better though.

i agree with u.. the stash box bit it clean lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited November 2009

Hmm, probably. Damn forgot about those. Didnt have stash when I was lvl20 b:chuckle.
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842