Just 2 questions.

Options
XxArchmagexX - Dreamweaver
XxArchmagexX - Dreamweaver Posts: 165 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Wizard
Does Demon really get more hp than Sage (with the same stat distribution)?

Does Sage really auto regenerate chi (and if it does...how fast)?
Post edited by XxArchmagexX - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• AztecDemon - Lost City
    AztecDemon - Lost City Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    No

Yes and its 50chi a minute + some skills have a chance to gain chi
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Where the heck did you get "more HP"?

more p def? sure. demon stone barrier (if you could ever find it) b:surrender
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    no. I don't know who told u that, but ... b:chuckle
    it's called Master Li Technique, and it's a skill that gives you 50 chi with no mana costs. The cooldown is 1 minute. Beside that a lot of the sage skills are either generating extra chi (Pyro) or cost less chi (usually half like DS or have a chance to cost half like the ultis). A Sage with all the skills can have at least 2 sparks at their disposal almost at all times, and that's what makes them so dangerous. Ultis are the hardest hitting spells in the game and only a lucky barb can survive a sutra, to be able to almost spam those is what makes ppl choose the sage path.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TehMage - Lost City
    TehMage - Lost City Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    no. I don't know who told u that, but ... b:chuckle

it's called Master Li Technique, and it's a skill that gives you 50 chi with no mana costs. The cooldown is 1 minute. Beside that a lot of the sage skills are either generating extra chi (Pyro) or cost less chi (usually half like DS or have a chance to cost half like the ultis). A Sage with all the skills can have at least 2 sparks at their disposal almost at all times, and that's what makes them so dangerous. Ultis are the hardest hitting spells in the game and only a lucky barb can survive a sutra, to be able to almost spam those is what makes ppl choose the sage path.

You can't necessarily "spam" ults. But having all that chi is nice, I won't lie.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    well, u actually can. Not like gush/pyro, that's for sure.
    But in TW I love to hit Cata teams with 2 ultis, makes everyone's job in defense so much easier when everyone except the barb has the charm in cooldown and a few of them are dead.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Today I bought Elemental shell. Which add +15chi for 200 mana which is almost free. and really instant. So now We an easily get 50chi from master li technique +15 elemental shell + 15chi elemental shell again(because it has just 30s cooldown), so while master li is ready again, we can use shell 2x Together is +80!!! chi + some chi from pyro(45 chi). I'm practically killing mobs just with 2spark+3 hits and again 2spark +3 hits etc.b:chuckle Seriously I'm using 2 spark very often. I couldn't choose better.b:victory Notice: Killing mobs 3-4 level above me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Haiz - Lost City
    Haiz - Lost City Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Today I bought Elemental shell. Which add +15chi for 200 mana which is almost free. and really instant. So now We an easily get 50chi from master li technique +15 elemental shell + 15chi elemental shell again(because it has just 30s cooldown), so while master li is ready again, we can use shell 2x Together is +80!!! chi + some chi from pyro(45 chi). I'm practically killing mobs just with 2spark+3 hits and again 2spark +3 hits etc.b:chuckle Seriously I'm using 2 spark very often. I couldn't choose better.b:victory Notice: Killing mobs 3-4 level above me.

I think you just gave that skill more use than the sleep spell. I don't have either though, I only have undine so I wouldn't really know.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I think you just gave that skill more use than the sleep spell. I don't have either though, I only have undine so I wouldn't really know.

I have all 3 and I love them all. Undine for obvious reasons.. and the elemental shell as a chi skill is amazing. It's also decent for some pve situations like 2-3 general warlord where you can put it on the tank or cleric or whoever has aggro before BB goes up. Or if BB is up b4 the lure, you can put it on the cleric so it doesn't hurt :P

Sporafic whisper is invaluable against archers and the such. Few archers can survive a BIDS, so holding any class in place while you BIDS them is awesome. They can't drop, or holy path out of range, they are limited to having enough hp to tank the hit, or absolute domain on genie which has a 3 min cooldown (ofc they could use an anti stun b4 hand, but it isn't hard to just kite around till that wears off) It's also good for world pvp when people run from you. Find em, catch up to them (shrink/fuel/holy path).. sleep -> ult = dead person (for the most part, and if they didn't die.. they probably wouldn't be running from you in the first place.

To me, all 3 of the 79 skills are amazing and really adds what we can do :P
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I have all 3 and I love them all. Undine for obvious reasons.. and the elemental shell as a chi skill is amazing. It's also decent for some pve situations like 2-3 general warlord where you can put it on the tank or cleric or whoever has aggro before BB goes up. Or if BB is up b4 the lure, you can put it on the cleric so it doesn't hurt :P

Sporafic whisper is invaluable against archers and the such. Few archers can survive a BIDS, so holding any class in place while you BIDS them is awesome. They can't drop, or holy path out of range, they are limited to having enough hp to tank the hit, or absolute domain on genie which has a 3 min cooldown (ofc they could use an anti stun b4 hand, but it isn't hard to just kite around till that wears off) It's also good for world pvp when people run from you. Find em, catch up to them (shrink/fuel/holy path).. sleep -> ult = dead person (for the most part, and if they didn't die.. they probably wouldn't be running from you in the first place.

To me, all 3 of the 79 skills are amazing and really adds what we can do :P
    I agree. All 3 skills are amazing. Today I saved **** 1 cleric. actually she was coming to rescue me.b:laughb:laugh She is lv. 84 but she come to rescue me and 3 mobs lv92 started fight to her. She tried to fly away but not to fast. She had 40% of life and I buff her with shell invocation. And she easily escaped. 4s is sometime damn long time.b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Haiz - Lost City
    Haiz - Lost City Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I got plenty of money to buy the skills if I wanted to. I just don't have any SP or else I would be learning skills.

Life sucks.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I got plenty of money to buy the skills if I wanted to. I just don't have any SP or else I would be learning skills.

Life sucks.

b:laugh use it all on genies? b:surrender
    edited November 2009
    Options

Life sucks.

Same here. I have 5000 spirit now.b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Soooo.. I got the money for the pages and stuff, I have about 3 mil. sp and saving it for my demon skills, worth getting elemental shell for me so I have atleast some chi as a demon? Sounds quite attractive actually..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Soooo.. I got the money for the pages and stuff, I have about 3 mil. sp and saving it for my demon skills, worth getting elemental shell for me so I have atleast some chi as a demon? Sounds quite attractive actually..
    This elemental shell gives you just 15chi, BUT it cost just 200mana and is absolutely instant. Of course is not master li technique which gives sage demon 50chi of cost of nothing. But this shell certainly help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Soo pure pve eventually demon wizard: Shell > whisper or whisper > shell?

Edit: after some thinking I'm saying neither.. Shell is not mana efficient, whisper doesnt have much use in pve for what it costs. Think I'll just max my dragon ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Soo pure pve eventually demon wizard: Shell > wisper or wisper > shell?

pure pve, ya I'd go shell... if you are doing any pvp you'll really want whisper.. it is sooooooooo nice :D
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Soo pure pve eventually demon wizard: Shell > whisper or whisper > shell?

Edit: after some thinking I'm saying neither.. Shell is not mana efficient, whisper doesnt have much use in pve for what it costs. Think I'll just max my dragon ^^

I would say for PVE Shell > whisper because whisper cannot be cast freely. You have to always have to some1 to cast. But shell you can cast on yourself. So you can cast it anytime, anywhere. Whisper not. If you want to cast whisper you have to have somebody(mob or player) chosen. ( I don't know correct word. Sorry)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I would say for PVE Shell > whisper because whisper cannot be cast freely. You have to always have to some1 to cast. But shell you can cast on yourself. So you can cast it anytime, anywhere. Whisper not. If you want to cast whisper you have to have somebody(mob or player) chosen. ( I don't know correct word. Sorry)

Its cool, I understand ^^ Thanks!

Quick question:

Also has a 10% chance to dispel all the status ailments on the caster.

So basicly you have a 10 % chance to get rid of any debuffs currently on you? Im not debuffed much (hardly any) but does it show any use to you guys?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Its cool, I understand ^^ Thanks!

Quick question:

Also has a 10% chance to dispel all the status ailments on the caster.

So basicly you have a 10 % chance to get rid of any debuffs currently on you? Im not debuffed much (hardly any) but does it show any use to you guys?

With this function I have not experience. I have it just for few hours and I didn't use it in serious battle yet.b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dinark - Lost City
    Dinark - Lost City Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

ROFL!.. Sage can hav just as much hp as Demon.. why wud it get more?.. -.-

And Sage has a Skill to regen 50 Chi / a minute and Sage books giv effects to skills to take less chi or a chance to regen chi
    Signiture Designed By meh ! b:cool b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Learn Chinese :
    Great! - Fa Kin Su Pah : Your Body Odor is Offensive - Yu Stin Ki Pu
    Thats Not Right - Sum Ting Wong : Stayin Out of Sight - Lei Ying Lo
    Are you Harbouring a Fugitive - Hu yu Hai Ding : Our Meeting Is Next Week - Wei Yu Kum Nao ?
    This is a Tow Away Zone - No Pah King : Did You Goto the Beach - Wei Yu So Tan