80s weapon

High_Lord - Heavens Tear
High_Lord - Heavens Tear Posts: 182 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Venomancer
So was just wondering what weapon you used through your 80s; TT80(name which one) or lvl 79 legendary glaive? ty
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
~Heatwave Leader~
Post edited by High_Lord - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    its preferable to use either:
    -Endless Ambiguity TT80->Wraith Conqueror
    -Wheel of Life TT80->Wheel of Denied Fate
    -Glaives of Divinity->Requiem Blade
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • axt57
    axt57 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Endless Ambiguity -> Neon Purgery
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    axt57 wrote: »
    Endless Ambiguity -> Neon Purgery
    no. just no. offer realistic advice any veno can afford, not use a 80 weapon till 95. especially one that's ridiculously expensive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    no. just no. offer realistic advice any veno can afford, not use a 80 weapon till 95. especially one that's ridiculously expensive.
    Liek, use Greefs untul Neon Purgerery.

To be fair, he also couldn't even spell "Neon Purgatory".

You can't go wrong with Endless, or if you already have glaives just wait/save for a frost weap like Aquadash or Sensoid Emptiness, refine/shard the heck out of that sucker, and that can last you until you are rich and high enough for said lunar weapon.
  • axt57
    edited November 2009
    1) Neon Purgery is not that expensive nowadays, and if I could get one so can any other veno.

2) After 90 you will mostly lvl up by dailies. You don't need the extra bit of dmg/hp to do those. Any TTs you do can easily be done with a TT80 weapon, as I found out; then again I am a LA veno.

3) Getting a lvl90 weapon (such as Wraith Conqueror) that currently costs 25-30m unrefined/unsharded to last 5 levels until a far superior weapon is available... yeah, you do that. Instead use that 25m+ towards your Neon Purgery fund; there, you're more then half way there already. You don't even need Blacksmith lvl6 for it, saving you millions and time.

I have seen NP sell for as low as 38m on sanc. Of course you probably need to hurry; his event won't last forever.... I hope.

Liek, use Greefs untul Neon Purgerery.

To be fair, he also couldn't even spell "Neon Purgatory".

Leik troll maor k

Neon Purgery > Neon Purgatory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    Sevas - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    *cough* Anyway... I recommend TT80 Glaive because the TT99 has the best end result for a veno in my opinion. I also like the TT80 Endless Ambiguity line for Wraith Conquerer (TT90). You're more than welcome to carry more than one weapon and try them out or just use one as a back up if you forget to repair your main weapon and it breaks.
  • axt57
    edited November 2009
    For a Caster, the NP is better then the Gold TT99 glaive.

Only thing TT99 wins is in HP, and even that is debatable. Damage wise its inferior, since NP has 2% crit and better refine values (NP is grade 13, TT99 is grade 12), not to mention its superb min atk - NP = 914, TT99 =739.

Both have channel and mgk bonuses. Also the TT99 gets bound, so you can't get rid of it later on b:shocked
    You also need less str and mgk to wear the NP >>> You can use those extra points to put into VIT, therefore making the TT99's glaive VIT bonus advantage a very minor one.

Only serious issue with NP is socketing. A grade 13 weapon costs 8000 socket stones to socket, but let me tell you getting a NP is a lot cheaper then getting a TT99 gold item.

My personal end game weapon, which is attainable (for the normal non cashshopper veno) is the Sinrabansho. The NP will be a nice weapon until then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • High_Lord - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    thank you all for your replies, i think i will get endless ambiguity. also i have seen a few people walking around with dust of jade glaive is this as good as a TT90 weapon?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Heatwave Leader~
  • Lolite - Heavens Tear
    Lolite - Heavens Tear Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    *cough* Anyway... I recommend TT80 Glaive because the TT99 has the best end result for a veno in my opinion. I also like the TT80 Endless Ambiguity line for Wraith Conquerer (TT90). You're more than welcome to carry more than one weapon and try them out or just use one as a back up if you forget to repair your main weapon and it breaks.

Just out of curiosity, for TT purpose only... Is Wheel of Fate better or Endless Ambiguity better? I like Wheel of Fate for its mag bonus, highest max attack and... the look. But Endless offers a -3%chan...

So for TT purposely only... spamming heals for herc, which one is superior?
    Moved to WoW b:bye
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    For a Caster, the NP is better then the Gold TT99 glaive.

Only thing TT99 wins is in HP, and even that is debatable. Damage wise its inferior, since NP has 2% crit and better refine values (NP is grade 13, TT99 is grade 12), not to mention its superb min atk - NP = 914, TT99 =739.

Both have channel and mgk bonuses. Also the TT99 gets bound, so you can't get rid of it later on b:shocked
    You also need less str and mgk to wear the NP >>> You can use those extra points to put into VIT, therefore making the TT99's glaive VIT bonus advantage a very minor one.

Only serious issue with NP is socketing. A grade 13 weapon costs 8000 socket stones to socket, but let me tell you getting a NP is a lot cheaper then getting a TT99 gold item.

My personal end game weapon, which is attainable (for the normal non cashshopper veno) is the Sinrabansho. The NP will be a nice weapon until then.

Sinrabansho might be attainable since Twilight Scepter along with the other one or two items to make the TT version Warsoul weapons are an exceedingly rare TT drop. So you're going to have to pay out the wahzoo for it or hope to god you've got some really charitable people who will give it to you in exchange for your servitude for probably the next month. The crit rate of NP is pretty worthless to a Veno anyway, even a Demon Veno has a very nice crit rate, especially if they are LA on top of that. My crit rate is 5-10% (since I don't remember exactly) and I'm critting all the time. Crits are like my Demon/79 skills, they're a chance of happening, sometimes more often than not.
    Just out of curiosity, for TT purpose only... Is Wheel of Fate better or Endless Ambiguity better? I like Wheel of Fate for its mag bonus, highest max attack and... the look. But Endless offers a -3%chan...

So for TT purposely only... spamming heals for herc, which one is superior?

b:chuckle Wheel of Fate is the L43 Legendary. The TT80 Glaive is Wheel of Life. The TT90 one is Wheel of Denied Fate. b:cute I personally like the Glaive for its higher damage out of the TT weapons available, plus I like the end result weapon. I gave my TT80 Endless to my friend to use, but now I need to help them get their TT90, they wanted the glaive too. b:question However, if I got the Dust of Devils to make Wraith Conquerer, I would make that for her to use. Her veno is entirely too squishy and therefore needs all the help it can get. Moreover, the Endless is a very nice weapon and was my original intention until I compared all the weapons and their end results.
  • Lolite - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    Wheel of Fate is the L43 Legendary. The TT80 Glaive is Wheel of Life. The TT90 one is Wheel of Denied Fate. b:cute I personally like the Glaive for its higher damage out of the TT weapons available, plus I like the end result weapon. I gave my TT80 Endless to my friend to use, but now I need to help them get their TT90, they wanted the glaive too. b:question However, if I got the Dust of Devils to make Wraith Conquerer, I would make that for her to use. Her veno is entirely too squishy and therefore needs all the help it can get. Moreover, the Endless is a very nice weapon and was my original intention until I compared all the weapons and their end results.

b:sad Me tired... I asked my friend if I should get endless ambiguity or wheel of fortunate once b:surrender Shes all like wth...The names were so similar to me Q_Q

Is Wheel of Fate better at pet heal or Endless Ambiguity better at pet heal>.<?
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    b:sad Me tired... I asked my friend if I should get endless ambiguity or wheel of fortunate once b:surrender Shes all like wth...The names were so similar to me Q_Q

Is Wheel of Fate better at pet heal or Endless Ambiguity better at pet heal>.<?

Lolite, you make me giggle so much. Thank you. I need that. b:chuckle

Wheel of Fate I don't think would be very good unless you refined it very high to make up for its low level requirement.

Like most people will say, the magic sword is more stable with its magic range over the glaive, however I think the glaive better overall since it does add to your magic stat as well which further increases your magic damage which, in turn, affects your heal. If you know some people in your faction or on your friends list who have these weapons, maybe you could ask them if they'd let you try them on and see how each boosts your m.attk. You can get the one you like best or get both. It's more TT runs (or more money if you're buying) but I think it's worth it.
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Sinrabansho might be attainable since Twilight Scepter along with the other one or two items to make the TT version Warsoul weapons are an exceedingly rare TT drop.
    you can get one for 10 best luck tokens =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009

Really? I hadn't noticed. b:chuckleb:thanks I'll look into that. That would be very fortunate since I am trying to get that weapon since I'm a very ambitious little veno.
  • Lolite - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    Lolite, you make me giggle so much. Thank you. I need that.

Wheel of Fate I don't think would be very good unless you refined it very high to make up for its low level requirement.

Like most people will say, the magic sword is more stable with its magic range over the glaive, however I think the glaive better overall since it does add to your magic stat as well which further increases your magic damage which, in turn, affects your heal. If you know some people in your faction or on your friends list who have these weapons, maybe you could ask them if they'd let you try them on and see how each boosts your m.attk. You can get the one you like best or get both. It's more TT runs (or more money if you're buying) but I think it's worth it.

b:sadb:sadOmg I failz once more >.>;;; I meant to ask... If Wheel of LIFE (not Fate omg me failz... to many TT runs today @_@) is better than Endless Ambiguity at pet heals.. Thankies ^_^

PS. Glad to entertain you lol
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    yes it is, it has the highest m.atk of the 80s weapons.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    60 best luck tokens for the scepter (300 million). The melee weapon mat is 10 best luck tokens. I think the bow is 30.
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I did Endless Ambiguity-->Blade of the Red Dust.

It's just too bad I can't afford to fully refine it yet (though getting 2 sockets on it certainly helped out the pocketbook).
  • axt57
    edited November 2009
    Crit rate worthless to LA veno?

I have 21% crit with my NP equipped. I am twice as likely to crit then you in PvP... I wouldn't call it worthless.

And yes you need 60 best luck tokens for the twilight scepter (300m). This anni pack event will return, in one form or another so I've already started my Sinrabansho fund.
    I did Endless Ambiguity-->Blade of the Red Dust.

Why?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Allatar - Dreamweaver
    Allatar - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    is it better to have a consistent small range of magic attack, or a wide range of magic attack,

(like 3000-4000, or 3400-3600) in case of petheals?
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009

I have 21% crit with my NP equipped. I am twice as likely to crit then you in PvP... I wouldn't call it worthless.

Why?

I did not say it was worthless to an LA Veno (at least I hope I didn't). To an AA Veno it is worthless. Congrats on your crit rate, though kind of odd for a Veno to have. Crits, just like for a cleric, will not afftect your heals on your pet. Moreover, while it may be nice to have in PvP situations, it could very well get you killed in PvE situations.
    is it better to have a consistent small range of magic attack, or a wide range of magic attack,

As for the two ranges you have listed, I would personally prefer the 3k-4k one over the 3.4k-3.6k just because of the higher end damage, but that's just me. The second one is better if you want to play it safe.
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009

And yes you need 60 best luck tokens for the twilight scepter (300m). This anni pack event will return, in one form or another so I've already started my Sinrabansho fund.

Why?

21% crit rate is 19.8% additional damage over having the starting 1% crit rate. To get that 21% crit rate though, it's always appeared to me that you need to give up something in the range of 30% damage. Meaning you come out around 10% lower damage. I'm sure it's useful in PvP since crit nukes hold value there, but for PvE (I have zero interest in PvP so I don't consider it at all) you're giving up a little nuking power and a lot of healing power to get those crits.

As for the weapon, it's because channeling is really good, and gets better the more you have, going from say 36% to 39% channeling is a bigger boost than going from 0% to 3%, in the case of pet heals (93 heal) it's 1.5 channel+1 cast+1 cooldown, so there's a 2.5 sec spell cycle, going from 0% to 3% channeling makes it a 2.455 sec cycle giving an increase of 1.83% healing power, while going from 36% to 39% you go from a 1.96 to a 1.915 sec cycle, resulting in a 2.35% increase to healing/nuking power (heals being more important I think). In short, 6% channeling on a weapon is really nice.

I would prefer the 3400-3600, the number of nukes needed to kill mobs would remain more consistent, as would my healing power. If it were say 3000-4200 vs 3400-3600 it's a bit more questionable, as the larger range is better on average, but that higher minimum still holds some value.
  • axt57
    edited November 2009
    Not quite sure I follow you on the losing damage and gaining crits idea. Since I am more likely to crit, I crit quite a lot under amps and sparks... doesn't that kind of make up for the lost nuking power?

Healing isn't the problem when you have 42% channeling (45% if I can get my hands on a 3% channel cape), even as a LA demon pvp veno... courtesy of this OP anni pack event.

As for the sword, its nice but I don't see why you didn't go for a NP, unless of course you got it before the anni pack event started.

Its got channel too, it does more damage in both base min and max , with better refines... and gives a better MP bonus. It doesn't bind to you either. Am I missing some factor here? Did you not want the extra crit? 2% is not that bad for a PvE situation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sadpuma - Heavens Tear
    Sadpuma - Heavens Tear Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Why hasnt the Acalantha Wand: Sunflame been mentioned? I loved that weapon
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rinuruc
    rinuruc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009

so far, one person says for the one, and someone else for the next,...
    assuming only petheals matter,... what would you prefer?
    to get that 3k of low magic, sometimes to use in the formula to calculate yer heals,... but than again, having a chance to get that 4k in it,... or having always 3400 to 3600 to use,...
    if a boss hits sometimes high dmg, and than a bit later somewhat less, than at the highs, u can get lucky to do a very big heal,... but if than ur not lucky and get a sucky heal, than ur dead,... though sometimes that lucky big heal can save yer life,...
    discuss it,... ;-)
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    If you're counting only pet heals, minimum is far more beneficial than maximum. The reason for this is that it's far harder to waste the minimum heal in overhealing than wasting the maximum. Lets say for example that my magic attack range is 5500-8500, since my pet heal is 530+30% I would be looking at a range of 2180-3080 heal. On my herc right now that's a range of 50.52% to 70.78%. The only way I could guarantee I'm not wasting any of my healing power (which can be converted to mana or damage) is to have a heal always hit at 30% hp or less which makes it more dangerous for my pet, not to mention a higher risk of dying from a spike as the recovery right afterwards could be quite a bit less. If on the other hand I have a range of 6500-7500, my heal range would be 59.98% to 67.23%. That's quite a bit easier to reliably heal. Remember, with a low enough minimum, your heal doesn't keep up and the pet dies so a pure average can't always be counted on.
    Not quite sure I follow you on the losing damage and gaining crits idea. Since I am more likely to crit, I crit quite a lot under amps and sparks... doesn't that kind of make up for the lost nuking power?

Healing isn't the problem when you have 42% channeling (45% if I can get my hands on a 3% channel cape), even as a LA demon pvp veno... courtesy of this OP anni pack event.

As for the sword, its nice but I don't see why you didn't go for a NP, unless of course you got it before the anni pack event started.

Its got channel too, it does more damage in both base min and max , with better refines... and gives a better MP bonus. It doesn't bind to you either. Am I missing some factor here? Did you not want the extra crit? 2% is not that bad for a PvE situation.

NP due to cost. I don't have 65 million laying around for a weapon. There's no doubt it's a nice weapon and a better one than what I picked, but given the level 95 requirement, the pricetag, and my own stupidity of not even realizing it existed and had those mods... I went with a blade of the red dust.

Anyways, it's not that I'm against crits, if they don't cost you anything there's no reason to not have them (as in the case of NP, that 2% crit is essentially a free bonus, on top of the mods that are appealing) although a crit nuke can be annoying for full arcane if a herc is tanking. What I'm against is the idea of giving up raw power to gain crits which add less power, and having that lesser nuking power reliant even more on random chance. For example, giving up 10% nuking power to gain an 8% crit rate, leaves you with ~3% (don't feel like doing the math for the exact amount right now) weaker nuking power overall.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Moreover, while it may be nice to have in PvP situations, it could very well get you killed in PvE situations
    Certainly can, and one should not presume every person has over 40% channeling (which would cost a fortune to make/buy), will open eleventy billion packs, and can inherently afford a Neon "Purgatory" along with all the other **** they gotta pay for. Realistically, LA is for PVP exclusively. When my veno was doing TW I had thought about going LA, but thankfully came to my senses.
  • High_Lord - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    what are everyones thoughts on aquadash?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Heatwave Leader~
  • axt57
    edited November 2009
    Certainly can, and one should not presume every person has over 40% channeling (which would cost a fortune to make/buy), will open eleventy billion packs, and can inherently afford a Neon "Purgatory" along with all the other **** they gotta pay for. Realistically, LA is for PVP exclusively. When my veno was doing TW I had thought about going LA, but thankfully came to my senses.

fa5zkm.jpg

This whole lot cost me 100m (thats the amount of coin I had at the beginning of anni pack event). I opened about 50 packs, got lucky once (actually got the NP), bought the rest with coin.

These days you can make 100m from TT in 1-2 months. I doubt you can call it a fortune.

And if you think I'm the only one who got such gears from this "event" for almost nothing, you'd be dead wrong. This "event" really unbalanced the game.
    what are everyones thoughts on aquadash?

Nice weapon but I really I don't see its point... its like TT80 gold armor; you get it because you are either being foolish or rolling in money (or like shiny things).

Much better to save cash for a TT90+high refine or just go all in on a NP (considering a lunar weap insig on sanc costs just 10m more then the frost one, I think its doable - and the NP might really be your end game weapon).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    fa5zkm.jpg

This whole lot cost me 100m (thats the amount of coin I had at the beginning of anni pack event). I opened about 50 packs, got lucky once (actually got the NP), bought the rest with coin.
    Dunno about prices on Sanctuary, but on HT, your pic has about 275 mil worth of gear.

lunar robe - ~70 mil
    lunar weapon - ~65 mil
    heavenrage boots - ~40 mil
    lunar ornament - not sure, I think ~50 mil

Probability-wise, to get those from 100m (200 packs) you'd have to be extraordinarily lucky. The chance to get a lunar robe is 0.01% (1 in 10,000, as rare as a scroll of tome), lunar weapon is 0.03% (1 in 3,333), boots are 0.03% (1 in 3,333), and lunar ornaments are 0.03% (1 in 3,333). On average, you'd have to open more than 23,000 packs (11.7 billion coin) to get those items.

You are much better off just buying the items outright from other players, which puts the price closer to 275 mil, not the 100 mil you ended up paying. Consider your experience to be very lucky, and don't pass it off as advice - it'll probably only work for a very, very small percentage of the people who read it.
    [Aquadash] Nice weapon but I really I don't see its point... its like TT80 gold armor; you get it because you are either being foolish or rolling in money (or like shiny things).

Much better to save cash for a TT90+high refine or just go all in on a NP (considering a lunar weap insig on sanc costs just 10m more then the frost one, I think its doable - and the NP might really be your end game weapon).
    On HT, the frostcovered weapon sign is about 35 mil, the lunar weapon about 65 mil for the reasons you gave. If it's only 10 mil less than a lunar weapon on Sactuary, the prices there must be really screwed up.