Shadou cub

Options
AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear
AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Venomancer
is it worth the money to get 1? i hear its a good tank but its overall dmg is ****, plz and ty for replies b:cute
Avatars: Name-Class-Lvl-Server-Guild-Activeness

AngelOfLies-Cleric-90 Sage-no guild-Not currently Active
_CatGirl_-Veno-80-No Guild-Not Currently Acitve
BlindingEdge-Seeker-6x-No Guild-Main
DrawtheWaves-Sin-5x-No Guild-Active Alt
Post edited by AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Reane - Sanctuary
    Reane - Sanctuary Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    With the rediculous gold prices nowdays, i would say that the shaduo is worth the money. Yes damage sucks, but atleast it can take it. I mostly use my shaduo for TT solo runs, but i hear that ranged pets make good tanks in TT, so i might try that...
    Reane-archer-82
    HeavensRage-blademaster-65
    HeavenSorrow-venomancer-74
    Abby_G-assassin-57
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I don't think it is. Resale value isn't there. What it would be good for, Armored Bear is better. It could depend on your play style though.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • High_Lord - Heavens Tear
    High_Lord - Heavens Tear Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    its damage is horrible, magic and physical defence is ok and its small so its not hard to see around, but then again this is coming from someone with a herc so i hardly ever use it for anything
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Heatwave Leader~
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    to me, he's just a mediocre tank. a majority of magic mobs inthe future of the game all melee when the pet gets close anyways, people can suffice just fine with a decently invested golem. save your $.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    Sevas - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I keep my cub because he looks so cute when he runs! Yes, he's got decent defenses and can tank pretty well if you can't afford a herc. His damage is pretty bad. Unless your careful with your hardest hitting skills and timing them to the FR of your pet, you could end up with agro.
  • IDaun - Dreamweaver
    IDaun - Dreamweaver Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I like my cub, and I think he was worth every penny. Great tank all around, doesn't really matter what you attack...

IMHO, a cub is better than a magmite (after using a magmite for my first 50 levels, the cub at level 54 WAS the best purchase I've made ingame).

I've never had issues with aggro (though, the one I bought had pierce replaced with level 3 bash, and alternating the bash with level 2 flesh ream is great for aggro).

Also... after playing on another char for a while.... and happening to run an FB with 4 golem'd venos.... a cub is a lot easier on the rest of the squad.

Oh, and if you're lazy, and don't want a pulling pet, it can substitute.
  • _wtf_lmao - Heavens Tear
    _wtf_lmao - Heavens Tear Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I luv the shadou cub it has great def and its small, yes it has poor attack but it is the best pet u can tame (to me) thing is, i dont think its worth 1mil+ i think its worth at least400k. and if you wana keep your mil, you could always go for a golem