axelfag.jpg

I guess this isn't allowed?
Post edited by SilentToy - Lost City on

Comments

• LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I thought naming and shaming is also not allowed. Just send a ticket.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • SilentToy - Lost City
    SilentToy - Lost City Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Naw, If it's not allowed it will get closed sooner or later anyways :]
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Naw, If it's not allowed it will get closed sooner or later anyways :]

That statement makes no sense at all. If it is allowed, why would the topic be closed? Also, if that logic is applied, wouldnt luring the guard not be a bannable offense?
  • SilentToy - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    That statement makes no sense at all. If it is allowed, why would the topic be closed? Also, if that logic is applied, wouldnt luring the guard not be a bannable offense?

Are you serious? If this screenshot isn't allowed then the Moderators will probably close it. Stop ranting and go back to your Pve server and poke eachother in duels. I have no idea if it's allowed to lure the guard or not. Thought it would be great to post it.

Now shush please!b:bye
  • Laimc - Sanctuary
    Laimc - Sanctuary Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    wow the same thing happened me on almost the same place i was red name and any1 lured guard to me and it killed me...
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Are you serious? If this screenshot isn't allowed then the Moderators will probably close it. Stop ranting and go back to your Pve server and poke eachother in duels. I have no idea if it's allowed to lure the guard or not. Thought it would be great to post it.

1. This IS against the ToS. http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=4039982&postcount=2 Here, post from a GM since you're so loathe to believe Lloyd.

2. Luring a guard is also against the ToS. http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=5021742&postcount=10

There. Happy?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
    edited November 2009
    Options

You are not allowed to name and shame on the forums. To correctly report a person thats doing something offensive, submit a ticket.

official GM response to luring guard
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=5021742&postcount=10

ps. You're the one ranting. b:bye
  • Beatrixxx - Lost City
    Beatrixxx - Lost City Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    guard luring is not bannable cause u cant do any dmg with a guard
    he will either kill the lurer and return or loose target on lurer and return...

guards have no aoes and they will not target red named players on their return trip... and on LC this happens many many times each day someone get guard agrro by mistake and are followed by it and when they die or escape the guard runs back only way u can get killed by the guard is if u urself gets up to it at a gate or if u stun it on its return trip

and the ppl claiming they died by someone luring guard is either lyeing or have pulled a guard and not realized(they have large agrro range from the gates sometimes ppl fly too low and pull them and when they land they get killed...)

guard luring is harmless if they kill u its ur own fault for gettin close to them or for trying to stun them when they are returning

and ps posting screenshots like that without cencoring names is not allowed so

inb4lock

edit: apparently spoons sais its bannable and im not gonna start discussing tht.... but its harmless cause guards dont do any dmg so submitting a ticket is pointlesss waste of time
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    guard luring is not bannable cause u cant do any dmg with a guard
    he will either kill the lurer and return or loose target on lurer and return...

guards have no aoes and they will not target red named players on their return trip... and on LC this happens many many times each day someone get guard agrro by mistake and are followed by it and when they die or escape the guard runs back only way u can get killed by the guard is if u urself gets up to it at a gate or if u stun it on its return trip

and the ppl claiming they died by someone luring guard is either lyeing or have pulled a guard and not realized(they have large agrro range from the gates sometimes ppl fly too low and pull them and when they land they get killed...)

guard luring is harmless if they kill u its ur own fault for gettin close to them or for trying to stun them when they are returning

and ps posting screenshots like that without cencoring names is not allowed so

inb4lock

Nice post. Now why don't you scroll up to the links in the previous two where spoons said that it is bannable. >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
  • SilentToy - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    1. This IS against the ToS. http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=4039982&postcount=2 Here, post from a GM since you're so loathe to believe Lloyd.

2. Luring a guard is also against the ToS. http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=5021742&postcount=10

There. Happy?

Are you also kinda small brained? I had no idea that it wasn't allowed to "Name and shame" a person. I never said "No it's allowed you ***".
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Are you also kinda small brained? I had no idea if it wasn't allowed to "Name and shame" a person. I never said "No it's allowed you ***".

And you were told that it wasn't and your reply wasn't "I didn't know" or even to remove the screenshot, instead it was to be stubborn and downright rude for no reason at all.

Now you know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Beatrixxx - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Nice post. Now why don't you scroll up to the links in the previous two where spoons said that it is bannable. >_>

cause i was writing it as it was being posted but if u look again i edited my post... but its still harmless to lure a guard
  • SilentToy - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    And you were told that it wasn't and your reply wasn't "I didn't know" or even to remove the screenshot, instead it was to be stubborn and downright rude for no reason at all.

Now you know.

Since I didn't know that it wasn't allowed in the first place I won't remove the screenshot. Rude for no reason? That guy lured a guard which is bannable. This is getting closed soon anyways and I will submit a ticket later.
  • Beatrixxx - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Since I didn't know that it wasn't allowed in the first place I won't remove the screenshot. Rude for no reason? That guy lured a guard which is bannable. This is getting closed soon anyways and I will submit a ticket later.

then what ur saying is that now u just wanna troll and **** off the gms.... well good luck with that...
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options

Not rude to the person in the screenshot, rude to Lloyd who told you it was against the ToS and your reply was to insult his server. b:lipcurl Because that's logical.
    cause i was writing it as it was being posted but if u look again i edited my post... but its still harmless to lure a guard

Apparently they do attack others. http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=169801 I wouldn't know from experience though, you may be right.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SilentToy - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Not rude to the person in the screenshot, rude to Lloyd who told you it was against the ToS and your reply was to insult his server. b:lipcurl Because that's logical.

Apparently they do attack others. http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=169801 I wouldn't know from experience though, you may be right.

Very logical indeed. If he's just gonna whine he shouldn't post on the thread. I'm done on this thread now, won't lead anywhere and obviously this isn't allowed. CRIMESCENE!b:bye
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Very logical indeed. If he's just gonna whine he shouldn't post on the thread. I'm done on this thread now, won't lead anywhere and obviously this isn't allowed. CRIMESCENE!b:bye

You're the one whining in this thread. b:bye
  • Beatrixxx - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options

several things in that post is wrong and i dont wanna get it close by necroing(its allmost a year old) it so ill post here....

1: hi taz:P

2:some guards u can get chi from cause they never agrro like at west gate the 2 that are far out will never atk u even if 200 hours red but try as a white name to hit the guards under the gate they will kill u even though u just turned pink...

3:i know from daily experience that guards dont atk others i have pulled guards by mistake manymany times and seen others do it guards will run right past me on return trip even if im 200 hours red and they will not atack any other red names unless they try to stun/seal/sleep/freeze the guard
  • SilentToy - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    You're the one whining in this thread. b:bye

Well, You would also get pretty annoyed if someone lured guards to safe zone. But I guess that won't ever happen since you are on a Pve server.

I'm still not sure if it's possible for the guards to kill red named people. But if they can I would of lost my whole Level 70 set worth alot b:shocked
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Well, You would also get pretty annoyed if someone lured guards to safe zone. But I guess that won't ever happen since you are on a Pve server.

I'm still not sure if it's possible for the guards to kill red named people. But if they can I would of lose my whole Level 70 set worth alot b:shocked

So. basically. Im not the one whining. You are the one whining...
  • Beatrixxx - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options

I'm still not sure if it's possible for the guards to kill red named people. But if they can I would of lost my whole Level 70 set worth alot b:shocked

why would u loose ur 70 gear (and allso 70 gear worth a lotb:chuckle)
  • SilentToy - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    why would u loose ur 70 gear (and allso 70 gear worth a lotb:chuckle)

Because i'm all bound and forgot to bank my new gear..

LLoyd, Point proven I guess? I still don't see it as whining. I would probably call it "Annoyment"
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options

A guard killing you is just like a mob afaik, since you lose exp from it. Which means the drop rate doesn't change based on what color name you are, and you can't drop equipped items.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SilentToy - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    A guard killing you is just like a mob afaik, since you lose exp from it. Which means the drop rate doesn't change based on what color name you are, and you can't drop equipped items.

Are you saying that I can't drop items when guards kills me? I always thought that it was possible losing stuff when you get killed by guards. I guess I was wrong about that also? (I'm talking about gear in inventory)
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Are you saying that I can't drop items when guards kills me? I always thought that it was possible losing stuff when you get killed by guards. I guess I was wrong about that also? (I'm talking about gear in inventory)

I believe it's the same chance you'd have if you were killed by a mob, which is 1% chance to drop something from your inventory (officially at least).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SilentToy - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I believe it's the same chance you'd have if you were killed by a mob, which is 1% chance to drop something from your inventory (officially at least).

Sounds promising. Then I got nothing to worry about.

Cheers /ST
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Sounds promising. Then I got nothing to worry about.

Cheers /ST

If you lost exp from being killed by them, but still had the drop chances of being killed by a player...

That would be pretty messed up. b:infuriated
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]