Stream of Rejuvination

Jetue - Harshlands
Jetue - Harshlands Posts: 56 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Cleric
Ok people, I have heard conflicting things here. Does Stream of Rejuvination's HoT stack with Ironheart or not?

I have begun to add this to my heal repetoir (finally got all my heals maxed to lvl) and have not noticed any drop in the effectiveness of the IH stack when I drop stream to raise the HP of the tank. Also, I have not noticed it if another cleric uses stream while I am stacking IH. Because of this, I think the two HoTs do in fact stack. Please discuss.
If you need to tell someone you how pro you are, you are not pro. Your reputation and skills should speak for you.
-adaptation of one of the many quotes I love

Favorite opening line when entering a squad:
"Hi. So, am I the tank?"

BMs are probably my favorite dds around. They aren't squishy, usually respect and protect the cleric, and in spite of the seemingly constant suicidal impulses, don't get me killed very often.

Jetue - Squad based Cleric
Post edited by Jetue - Harshlands on

Comments

• Lenyel - Harshlands
    Lenyel - Harshlands Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    In my opinion, they stack. But anyways, sine Stram's HoT is terribly lower than IH's, maybe it doesnt stack in the sense that HoT of Stream doesnt work while IH HoT is in course. Btw, i dont see why they shouldnt stack :3
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    thsi skill isnt werry eficient...unless u have -chan gear of course... (like 50% lol)
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    thsi skill isnt werry eficient...unless u have -chan gear of course... (like 50% lol)

its very usefull in later levels to top off your tanks' hp if Ironheart isnt cutting it.
  • Lenyel - Harshlands
    edited November 2009
    its very usefull in later levels to top off your tanks' hp if Ironheart isnt cutting it.

Definately. The enormous healing power makes it very useful in many situations, for example when tank's HPs are slowly but continuosly dropping, 1 or 2 streams will replenish them. Then, restart stacking IH. I love it....
  • Jetue - Harshlands
    edited November 2009
    Thank you all for the replies.

I have found it very helpful in FC runs. One heal then move on to next person, instead of stack a few IH then frantically try to save the next person.

@Alyyy - I am working on the -chan gear slowly but surely
    If you need to tell someone you how pro you are, you are not pro. Your reputation and skills should speak for you.

"Hi. So, am I the tank?"

BMs are probably my favorite dds around. They aren't squishy, usually respect and protect the cleric, and in spite of the seemingly constant suicidal impulses, don't get me killed very often.

• Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Lol, you dont need -%chan gear for it to be a great skill.
    I use to cut down on clerics in squad (i dont wanna share my drops in TT's =P).
    b:dirty
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Ok people, I have heard conflicting things here. Does Stream of Rejuvination's HoT stack with Ironheart or not?

I have begun to add this to my heal repetoir (finally got all my heals maxed to lvl) and have not noticed any drop in the effectiveness of the IH stack when I drop stream to raise the HP of the tank. Also, I have not noticed it if another cleric uses stream while I am stacking IH. Because of this, I think the two HoTs do in fact stack. Please discuss.
    uhhhhhhhhh.......... try using stream of rejuv. every 5 sec with a barb tanking a WB along with someone IH-ing constantly....................you can see what happens b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Lenyel - Harshlands
    edited November 2009
    uhhhhhhhhh.......... try using stream of rejuv. every 5 sec with a barb tanking a WB along with someone IH-ing constantly....................you can see what happens b:surrender

GZ on 101 O_O
  • Jetue - Harshlands
    edited November 2009

translation please

"Hi. So, am I the tank?"

edited November 2009
    translation please
    Rejuv cancels ironheart. But you need a mob or boss that hits really hard to actually see the diff.
    GZ on 101 O_O
    woooo
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    Rejuv cancels ironheart. But you need a mob or boss that hits really hard to actually see the diff.

Sometimes i really wonder tho =?
    There were countless times when some cleric wanted to show of with Steam and only made matter worse, but there were some situations where surprisingly it showed to work well, in fact great.

So this topci only makes my head spin b:cry
    edited November 2009
    Sometimes i really wonder tho =?
    There were countless times when some cleric wanted to show of with Steam and only made matter worse, but there were some situations where surprisingly it showed to work well, in fact great.

So this topci only makes my head spin b:cry
    well the best and um clearest way is
    and possibly funny way,

get a barb to tank a boss that the cleric IH can barely keep him alive. Have another cleric Rejuv him.
  • Lenyel - Harshlands
    edited November 2009
    well the best and um clearest way is
    and possibly funny way,

get a barb to tank a boss that the cleric IH can barely keep him alive. Have another cleric Rejuv him.

I'm just about to try on Ape 2-3 b:bye
    edited November 2009
    I'm just about to try on Ape 2-3 b:bye
    That would be kinda problematic because if you have BB on, it works as a backup heal, but in this case, an interruption in an experiment.
  • Jetue - Harshlands
    edited November 2009
    Again, thanks for the replies. And it's good to know i'm not the only one confused by this.

"Hi. So, am I the tank?"

• Bagoly_ - Sanctuary
    Bagoly_ - Sanctuary Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited November 2009

Interesting... I've never noticed that it cancels IH. I use it quite often and never noticed such thing.

Now I wonder how many things left that I still don't know about my own skills although playing a cleric since march... :/
  • Inias - Heavens Tear
    Inias - Heavens Tear Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    stream of rejunevation is a EPIC healing skill

i have demon stream now and it heals half of the barbs hp bar so heals about 6-7 k in one heal and heal over time added to that

so >_> yes stream is epic healing skill , u just gotta know on who and when to use
    ih and wellspring on low hp players ~<= 8 k hp above 8 k hp u can start thinking about using stream
    thanks to forsaken for this awesome sig b:victory[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lenyel - Harshlands
    edited November 2009
    That would be kinda problematic because if you have BB on, it works as a backup heal, but in this case, an interruption in an experiment.

Well, we weren't using BB, 1 cleric RBing and me healing. I broke IH with a stream, and yes, it seems to break the stacking of IH... But not too much, since barb didnt die, or at least his HP didnt drop too much. It was strange, can't say for sure that it broke completely the HoT of IH or not...
    edited November 2009
    Well, we weren't using BB, 1 cleric RBing and me healing. I broke IH with a stream, and yes, it seems to break the stacking of IH... But not too much, since barb didnt die, or at least his HP didnt drop too much. It was strange, can't say for sure that it broke completely the HoT of IH or not...
    interesting isnt it =o ty for the quick results lol
  • Lenyel - Harshlands
    edited November 2009
    interesting isnt it =o ty for the quick results lol

lol, we were just about to begin Ape when i read previous posts, and i couldn't not try xD
  • Vivre - Harshlands
    Vivre - Harshlands Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Easy experiment: get a high hp test subject down to very low hp.

test 1: IH, wait till IH is over, then Rejuv. Wait till rejuv is over -> see total healed hp

test 2: IH, then immediately rejuv. Wait till rejuv is over -> see total healed hp.

You should see a big difference between the two if rejuv does cancel out IH. But we can also consider that maybe different levels of rejuv might act differently.. you never know how things are programmed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    What is this 'res' you speak of? b:cute
  • ewingoil
    ewingoil Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    It would be nice if you could see the numbers above their heads.
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    OK stream killed my barb today, in TT2-2, ape boss, everything was fine, until like always boss does spike dmg the other cleric used stream and puff from almost full HP to 0 just like that xD
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    OK stream killed my barb today, in TT2-2, ape boss, everything was fine, until like always boss does spike dmg the other cleric used stream and puff from almost full HP to 0 just like that xD

i think u meant poof instead of puff :x
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited November 2009

Bad timing, in that the heal took (did not) until it was too late or Stream was not high enough level for that barb. You can always use Wellspring > IH > IH > Stream in situations where it might be close. It just all depends.

But ummmm...you had 2 Clerics b:embarrass
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009

But ummmm...you had 2 Clerics b:embarrass

14ppl in guild, cant be picky =P
  • Lenyel - Harshlands
    edited November 2009
    14ppl in guild, cant be picky =P

Prolly she meant... How the hell can a barb not manage to tank ape with 2 clerics? Even if 1 DD's, is enough that he'd start stacking heals when see barb's HP decrease... >.>
  • Alantor - Dreamweaver
    Alantor - Dreamweaver Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    No matter what the situation, EVERY skill has it's uses in the game.

The game programmers/testers will probably have found a use for stream in one way or another.

Up until now, i only use IH , BB and Chromatic. All 3 of them are of good known use.
    IH is probably the most used for healing the tank
    BB, well, perfect for healing when you have a possibility for someone else taking aggro
    Chromatic is perfect to heal the party when you're second cleric and some take aoe dmg.

Stream , in my opinion, is only usefull in the higher levels.
    1. because of the cost of it, better to upgrade your other most needed skills
    2. because it only gets better and worthwile at higher lvls

Even wellspring has it's use. Most find it a crappy heal, but it can be used to build chi (cheap way mp wise) , and it can help the second cleric to heal someone quickly taking aggro before putting an IH on them.

Making the best use of your heals means also that you have to consider the cooldown, casting time and amount/lvl of the heal(s).
    In some cases it might be better to cast a fast wellspring imo then cast IH or use another heal.
    It's only trough experience that you know when to use what. Sadly enough i see some (but not a lot of) clerics time their heals wrong or use the wrong ones. (like forgetting to purify, lol)
  • Slake - Lost City
    Slake - Lost City Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Wellspring is awesome :P

BoPH on the other hand is... eeewwww. cept for building chi lv 3 ftw!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GotTold.com

Sup?
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    Prolly she meant... How the hell can a barb not manage to tank ape with 2 clerics? Even if 1 DD's, is enough that he'd start stacking heals when see barb's HP decrease... >.>

Like i said, everything was fine until stream was casted on him :\.