whats the best newb class to lv the fastest with besides for venos?

2»

Comments

• Fryckie - Sanctuary
    Fryckie - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    The fastest class to level is the class you have the most fun with.
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    Sevas - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I suck at this game. Takes me days to get to teens on any type of char. Maybe I should stick with walking 20 miles a day and working out than attempting to do anything in this game.

b:chuckle Aww. If you go hardcore on one character, it can take two days to get to L20. If you start in the morning and go hardcore all day and you know what to do already, it's highly likely you can reach L20 by the end of the day. I know about the two-day thing because I did it over a weekend with a friend but quit the chara afterwards 'cause I was sick of it after so much time on it.
  • Oldbear - Sanctuary
    Oldbear - Sanctuary Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    BM - good defense and good damage. If you aren't pumping some points into VIT you'll need to watch your HP so it doesn't get too low. You can solo most bosses, be careful on magic dealing ones (i.e. Krixxix).

I'm a little bit curious. While it's correct that you can do regular quests fairly fast by attacking physical ones head on and shutting up mages with stun and then attack head on but...soloing bosses? I mean eventually yes, but right away as they come in? If you have pumped lot atr. points into VIT then yeah it might work but... other that wearing charm or having cleric with you (doesn't qualify as solo)...how?
  • Worship - Harshlands
    Worship - Harshlands Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I don't know, I'm having a hard time with the level 21 enemies in the level 20 quests with my level 20 archer. The knockback arrow moves the enemies back very temporarily, and the frost arrow still doesn't buy me enough time. I'm getting chewed up pretty badly. I'm probably doing something wrong.

Dont worry it will get much easier... my 6x archer can do all his quests with frost arrow and knockback arrow alone. I have a baby 2x archer doing all those archasaur quests as well.. maybe its because i spam skills since i dont really care about mp pots. For me i use frost arrow, normal, knockback, normals, and if he gets close do lightning or wing attack. Plume shield is free mana for chi...spam if you have extra chi lol. Good luck
  • Lisliren - Sanctuary
    Lisliren - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Plume shield is free mana for chi...spam if you have extra chi lol. Good luck

That's one thing I've been doing wrong. I need to use Plume Shield more.
  • UndeadQueenX - Sanctuary
    UndeadQueenX - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Well jasonwoo have u though of being a mage there easy 2 lv cause they kill fast and dont have 2 pay that much for armor cause my hubby EvoultionX is a mage and he own's as a wizard. I think the only thing i've seen him pay 4 is his weapon mostly.
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    I'm a little bit curious. While it's correct that you can do regular quests fairly fast by attacking physical ones head on and shutting up mages with stun and then attack head on but...soloing bosses? I mean eventually yes, but right away as they come in? If you have pumped lot atr. points into VIT then yeah it might work but... other that wearing charm or having cleric with you (doesn't qualify as solo)...how?

It really depends on the build of the BM. Krixxix tore my BM apart the first time I butted heads with him. Of course, Krixxix was a pain for my veno too. You have to keep in mind that while VIT will add to your p.def, for a BM the majority of their p.def comes from the STR attribute. Your m.def sucks because you don't dump enough into MAG, which you don't need.
    Well jasonwoo have u though of being a mage there easy 2 lv cause they kill fast and dont have 2 pay that much for armor cause my hubby EvoultionX is a mage and he own's as a wizard. I think the only thing i've seen him pay 4 is his weapon mostly.

b:surrender Do not be fooled. In your nub levels a wizards sucks hard. Once you're sure of what you're doing, the best order for you skills, etc., it gets better. Wizzy is one of the harder classes as a caster because it doesn't get a cool side-kick that tanks nor do they get a good heal, so their survivability is heavily dependent upon the build, gear, and potting. If you're going to be a wizzy, I would suggest squading to get help on your quests (nub levels).
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    My main concern is my archer though. I'm working on a cleric now. Now level 19. Like the archer, things are starting to bog down a bit. Unlike my other characters, I've been trying to get my cleric up to level 3 in manufacturing skills, which is a bad drain on my spirit points. (But unlike my other characters, she doesn't have a genie sucking up spirit points.)

(So far it looks like I'm really wasting my time and spirit points on manufacturing.)
    QUOTE]

This is where the problem is. If you want to get the manufacturing skills, do not for heaven's sake, dump spirit points into genie. Although it would slow down your lvling, dump the exp into the genie and u would gain more spirit per level since youre there for a longer period of time. Also since you spend more time at the same level, you can accumulate more materials for crafting, especially those dreaded 2* that you need for upgrading lvl3 to lvl4.

As far as you stick to Crazy Stone (lvl30+), Bounty Hunter (lvl40+), orcales, crusader orders or normal grinding, the Exp:sp ratio is almost always 5:1. As a crafter (lvl5 Blacksmith, lvl5 Tailor, lvl4 Apothecary), I prefer normal grinding with an occasional Bounty Hunt or Crazy Stone at my lvl since normal grinding would get you the materials for crafting and extra money to spend on your class skills.
  • jasonwoo
    jasonwoo Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    People need to make their own threads when asking questions.. Dont ninja mine for your purposes! b:cry Anyways I have started a cleric and its going fine. The thread can be closed since my question is answered. Thx again guys. b:pleased
  • Lisliren - Sanctuary
    Lisliren - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    This is where the problem is. If you want to get the manufacturing skills, do not for heaven's sake, dump spirit points into genie. Although it would slow down your lvling, dump the exp into the genie and u would gain more spirit per level since youre there for a longer period of time. Also since you spend more time at the same level, you can accumulate more materials for crafting, especially those dreaded 2* that you need for upgrading lvl3 to lvl4.

No, my cleric (the one without the genie) is the one pursuing the manufacturing skills (which may still be a mistake, I don't know). My archer is avoiding the manufacturing. I'm not sure how I'll feed her genie later on, besides maybe going back home and making cheap items to decompose.
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Well the point was that, if you have a genie and u dump exp into it, it balances out your spirit usage and helps in gather materials and cash.

So if any of ur chars are pursuing manufacturing skills, ensure u have a genie and keep infusing with exp every level. My archer is my main and has an equal levelled genie and lvl5 of blacksmith and tailor. Apothercary can be levelled anytime since farming herbs is not that big of a problem.

Also I find archers to be the class best suited for crafting since they seem to have the least number of skills amongst all the classes. And even in those skills, only few are really required making an already cheap class even more cheaper (ammo, repair and potion costs are insignificant since we rarely get hit and need not spam skills to kill). Hence having the crafting on ur archer would make a lot of sense.

@jasonwoo
    Point taken but i cant answer a question with a new thread :P.
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    jasonwoo wrote: »
    People need to make their own threads when asking questions.. Dont ninja mine for your purposes! b:cry Anyways I have started a cleric and its going fine. The thread can be closed since my question is answered. Thx again guys. b:pleased

Grats on your Cleric. Now are you going to more AC or SC?