Underwater Super-Pet (Similar to Herc or Pheonix)!

Options
Spirus - Heavens Tear
Spirus - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
edited November 2009 in General Discussion
Does anyone else feel like there should be an underwater Super-pet for Venomancers? I think it should be called a Leviathon and it should be available from the Battle Pet Pack in exactly the same way as a Herc or Pheonix... Hey, I'd buy one! What do you think?
Post edited by Spirus - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    It would be stupid. Unless they increase dramatically the amount of water mobs, quests: there would be no point. I paid less for a Plumpfish to have Herc buffs than such a pet would cost and feel I wasted my coin.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Does anyone else feel like there should be an underwater Super-pet for Venomancers? I think it should be called a Leviathon and it should be available from the Battle Pet Pack in exactly the same way as a Herc or Pheonix... Hey, I'd buy one! What do you think?
    uuuuuuuuuh. No?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • tweakz
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I did put out the idea of having a water pet that could function on land with a stat penalty. It would then not disappear on swampy type areas.
  • Devilmaycare - Harshlands
    Devilmaycare - Harshlands Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    NOOOOOOOO! We catch enough flak from people crying about nix and herc, and you wanna add ANOTHER overpowered pet?????b:shocked

Anyway, like has been mentioned, it would be kinda pointless, most water mobs can be easiliy handled without a pet or just taming any ol' water mob for the purpose.
  • Bijorin - Dreamweaver
    Bijorin - Dreamweaver Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    tweakz wrote: »
    Unless they increase dramatically the amount of water mobs, quests
    Rising Tide.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Devilmaycare - Harshlands
    Devilmaycare - Harshlands Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Rising Tide.

Which will add maybe 1 or two new low level water based levels
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I did put out the idea of having a water pet that could function on land with a stat penalty. It would then not disappear on swampy type areas.
    4609022gamabunta.jpg
    Like that?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • Bijorin - Dreamweaver
    Bijorin - Dreamweaver Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Which will add maybe 1 or two new low level water based levels
    Best chance you'll get in a while thoughb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shintera - Sanctuary
    Shintera - Sanctuary Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    4609022gamabunta.jpg
    Like that?

omg posting something from naruto as a pet in pwi is just rediculious.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

what you mean? b:chuckle
    they already have a pet frog in the game.
    xD
    all they have to do is make it grow over 9000 times it's size.
    lols~!

also don't venos get that plumpfish?
    or whatever it's called? b:chuckle
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

Tame a tideborn.

But, no. No need for a water pet that has no purpose unless there will be a mass amount of water mobs to kill. Plus, everything is set with the coding and/or they are waiting till later. I really don't see a point in it but that's my opinion.
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

squirtle1.gif

better?
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • Q - Dreamweaver
    Q - Dreamweaver Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    no.. That would ruin the only place I can own a veno.. which is DT.
  • IDaun - Dreamweaver
    IDaun - Dreamweaver Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    boo4u wrote: »
    nah but imo i think the player lvl to aquire a "super pet" should be 70+...seeing all these foolish low lvl people with a herc is dumb

It would also cut down on the 5x~6x venos crying about how they can't get a herc because of prices... -- learn what pets are good tanks and stop acting like you're a 'survivor' for being 6x without a herc.

Just imo.

To the topic... no. Just, no. 'Nix and Herc are enough as is-- basically no PvE/PvP experience required if you get them. A water pet would destroy the one place where legendary pet dependent venos have to 'deal'.

And... even if water-related quests are increased, you don't need a legendary to tank normal mobs. If you do... you fail as a venomancer.

Yes, I do play a veno. I'm not high level yet, but, I seem to have no issues playing without a legendary pet. Makes me laugh when people make suggestions for making the pets more OP. (making a purify for pets comes to mind... don't know where I saw that, but it was somewhere on here)
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    boo4u wrote: »
    nah but imo i think the player lvl to aquire a "super pet" should be 70+...seeing all these foolish low lvl people with a herc is dumb
    um some of them are alts of higher lvls .......... its easier to make it at low lvls so u wont have to go back to lvl it.
    their not foolish, chances are they are gonna use it to farm HH.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • Accelerated - Sanctuary
    Accelerated - Sanctuary Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Lolnothx.

Not because I dislike the class, but because the idea is just ****. Only a senseless venomancer would literally throw away another 200 bucks (or what, 10 million coins?) on a pet that is completely worthless and is easily replaceable by the Plumefish battle pet. I think buying fashion makes more sense than this. b:embarrass
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ♥ - 藤林 杏-様 - ♥
    ♥ Kyou Fujibayashi-sama ♥
  • exent
    exent Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I might have been dreaming this, but if I recall correctly, in some other version of PW, there was a Legendary Water pet, just like the Herc and Phoenix. It was a giant Turtle.

I also remember that no one was getting it. Why spending that much cash on a pet you only use once in a while. You also have to go through the trouble of leveling it up (and no Christmas mobs or Cube room to help you with this one).

Who knows, maybe with the underwater expansion, we'll see it pop up in the boutique. Some sort of Water Dragon would be a lot cooler though...
  • tweakz
    edited November 2009
    Options
    It would also cut down on the 5x~6x venos crying about how they can't get a herc because of prices... -- learn what pets are good tanks and stop acting like you're a 'survivor' for being 6x without a herc.

There's 8x,9x crying too. -lmao
    Only a senseless venomancer would literally throw away another 200 bucks (or what, 10 million coins?) on a pet that is completely worthless and is easily replaceable by the Plumefish battle pet

10 million coins is nothing, I'm no cash shopper and I have 30m atm. Some skills run 2x that. Now consider the loot in Dragon Temple Raid on Tuesday nights which must be done underwater (rare pet skills). The Plumpfish has sucky atk and is too slow for the PvP part, and the Mermaid has sucky survivability for the PvE part. 4 rare pet skills alone tend to cost about the same as a legendary pet.
    exent wrote: »
    I might have been dreaming this, but if I recall correctly, in some other version of PW, there was a Legendary Water pet, just like the Herc and Phoenix. It was a giant Turtle.

Pretty sure it was a hoax.
  • IDaun - Dreamweaver
    IDaun - Dreamweaver Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    There's 8x,9x crying too. -lmao

Oh I know. b:surrender

I was just thinking of a particular post the other day where the 5x veno was like, "Everyone my level has a herc, yet I can't get one because of prices! I have to deal with my normal pet!"
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Herc offers complete solo'ing of a huge range of bosses, including full fb's and Twilight temple, enabling the user to make vast sums of money and play without any reliance on others.
    Phoenix offers extreme damage and complete ownage in most forms of PvP including TW's.

What would a water pet offer...?
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Lolnothx.

Not because I dislike the class, but because the idea is just ****. Only a senseless venomancer would literally throw away another 200 bucks (or what, 10 million coins?) on a pet that is completely worthless and is easily replaceable by the Plumefish battle pet. I think buying fashion makes more sense than this. b:embarrass

10m? lets try 100 b:surrender

(i wish it was 10m b:sad)
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • xxxdsmer
    xxxdsmer Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    It would be stupid. Unless they increase dramatically the amount of water mobs, quests: there would be no point. I paid less for a Plumpfish to have Herc buffs than such a pet would cost and feel I wasted my coin.

oO.. i want ur plumpfish. lol
    Herc offers complete solo'ing of a huge range of bosses, including full fb's and Twilight temple, enabling the user to make vast sums of money and play without any reliance on others.
    Phoenix offers extreme damage and complete ownage in most forms of PvP including TW's.

What would a water pet offer...?

a good pet to have in dragon temple maybe? even if it were just super tough and fast and not great for pvp, itd be nice to have a good pet for handling the crazy mob in there lol
    i'm pro all classes, and against none in particular..
    but the age old QQ about venos is just that. OLD.
    QQ'd about a nix lately? check out this thread n tell me who's "OP" lol..
    (copy and paste this to address bar):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=102172
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    xxxdsmer wrote: »
    a good pet to have in dragon temple maybe? even if it were just super tough and fast and not great for pvp, itd be nice to have a good pet for handling the crazy mob in there lol

Yeh, but would anyone really pay $200 to pwn in dragon temple? ^^
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    If that new instance for farming the new end game gear items to improve existing gear is underwater, that would be the place the pets would be bought for. From what has been mentioned, it sounds like the place to gain gear drops after TT is finished. But if it is out of water, wouldn't see a need for the new pet.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    i did see concept art of someone/something riding a shark, carrying a simple spear. likely a mob, but who knows...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    Alexeno - Sanctuary Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    the "legendary water pet" has been mentioned multiple times on the forum. even with pictures, showing a turtle. seriously, use the search function people

also, lets put this thing to rest: it's not real. the turtle is a 150 elite boss in some random instance (don't know which instance, have never come across it myself). but you can plainly see that the turtle is selected, and the info bar shows a lvl 150 elite boss

i'd do a quick search and provide a link, but i'm feeling lazy atm
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Hell hath no fury like Alexeno trying to prove his point" -Mizuoni
  • Coraline - Lost City
    Coraline - Lost City Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Ohh turtle? I want a turtle...but if i remember correctly they are land...Ohh I want a seahorse...or a jellyfish...or a regular cute fish
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    Alexeno - Sanctuary Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Ohh turtle? I want a turtle...but if i remember correctly they are land...Ohh I want a seahorse...or a jellyfish...or a regular cute fish

due to popular demand, they are going to release a legendary water pet

because of the limited usefulness of water pets in this game, it will be quite economical to purchase!

sea2786993b.jpg

i'm bored b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Hell hath no fury like Alexeno trying to prove his point" -Mizuoni
  • Coraline - Lost City
    Coraline - Lost City Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    due to popular demand, they are going to release a legendary water pet

because of the limited usefulness of water pets in this game, it will be quite economical to purchase!

sea2786993b.jpg

i'm bored b:surrender

Own a bowlful of happiness LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?