edited November 2009 in Venomancer
are venomancers good? A fox one?
Post edited by snoosey on

Comments

• Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Depends. You got a Nix? Does it have Flesh Ream?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

xD +1 10char
  • snoosey
    snoosey Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

installing the game now. No idea what you are talking about.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    snoosey wrote: »
    installing the game now. No idea what you are talking about.

There's a certain pet you can get on a venomancer that's pretty godly in PvP, a phoenix. However, it costs around 200 dollars of real money, or...a lot of ingame coin.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • snoosey
    edited November 2009
    Options
    There's a certain pet you can get on a venomancer that's pretty godly in PvP, a phoenix. However, it costs around 200 dollars of real money, or...a lot of ingame coin.

so without the pet it is pointless?
  • Nehemiah - Harshlands
    Nehemiah - Harshlands Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    no you can pvp really good without a pheonix. You just need to actually know how to play your class like everyone else.
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options

venomancers are the only class in game that has a pet side-kick in battle.

from what I hear its perfectly fine to manage in the game without a 200 dollar pet "nix" just a little more difficult.

But for pvp i strongly wouldnt bother going with a veno unless you plan on getting a nix.
  • snoosey
    edited November 2009
    Options
    no you can pvp really good without a pheonix. You just need to actually know how to play your class like everyone else.
    so for pvp a venomancer is a good pick?
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

Read the rest of the veno forum and don't pay much attention to people that are not veno. Sometimes they happen to know what they are talking about, most often they don't.

Veno is the solo class of the game, we get to use battle pets to help us, since our damage is subpar compared to other classes. However, since the pet will be doing most of the tanking for you, as well as dealing damage, we are able to solo more of the content at an earlier time than the other classes.

In a party situation, the pet is the damage dealer, and we act as debuffers, with some damage added as we wait on the debuffs. This will also be the case in PVP. Venos are the debuffers of the game.

All in all, it is a fairly balanced class to play, which lets you solo effectively or be a useful part of a party, if you rather party with other people.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    so for pvp a venomancer is a good pick?

in my opinion any class is a good pick. If you go for 1 class because everyone tells you its the best, you are gonna fail.

It depends on what playstyle your the most confortable with.

<- chose cleric because i like to be in control of situations, and i like range class's
  • snoosey
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Read the rest of the veno forum and don't pay much attention to people that are not veno. Sometimes they happen to know what they are talking about, most often they don't.

Veno is the solo class of the game, we get to use battle pets to help us, since our damage is subpar compared to other classes. However, since the pet will be doing most of the tanking for you, as well as dealing damage, we are able to solo more of the content at an earlier time than the other classes.

In a party situation, the pet is the damage dealer, and we act as debuffers, with some damage added as we wait on the debuffs. This will also be the case in PVP. Venos are the debuffers of the game.

All in all, it is a fairly balanced class to play, which lets you solo effectively or be a useful part of a party, if you rather party with other people.
    Thanks veno does not sound like the right class for me. I prefer being the main damage dealer with a pet helping.
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Thanks veno does not sound like the right class for me. I prefer being the main damage dealer with a pet helping.

theres no class like this in PWI, venos are the only class that use pets in this way.

but if you like being a Damage Dealer, try a Wizard or an Archer
    edited November 2009
    Options
    in my opinion any class is a good pick. If you go for 1 class because everyone tells you its the best, you are gonna fail.

It depends on what playstyle your the most confortable with.

<- chose cleric because i like to be in control of situations, and i like range class's

Archers are the overall best at pvp, massive damage from earlier in game all the way to high levels.
    Wizzards are probably the best once you get to level 80+. Massive damage... I mean massive damage...
    Clerics are tough as heck to kill, since they can heal and buff themselves and unlike wizards, they also have skills that do physical damage.
    Barbarians are beasts (no pun intended) if they are set properly, and very hard to take down by another physical class
    Blademasters are the swiss-army-knife of PW. They are pretty darn good at dealing with caster classes and physical classes.
    Venomancers are the game debuffers, they have a skill that can strip the enemy of all the buffs they have, making them easier to kill, and other that increases the damage the enemy takes. They are the perfect class to have in a squad due to that.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options

The reason I didn't mention soloing instances, tanking, or partying is because the OP asked specifically about PvP. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    edited November 2009
    Options
    The reason I didn't mention soloing instances, tanking, or partying is because the OP asked specifically about PvP. b:surrender

Somehow the OP will have to grind to level up, since level 1 characters cannot pvp.

Also, once the OP levels up, the OP will need good gear to pvp, which happen to drop from instances (molds, TT, FF, Lunar).

So I thought it was important to give a good overall opinion.

Same way a level 80+ wiz is probably the best at pvp, not many people have the patience to level a wiz to that level....
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Somehow the OP will have to grind to level up, since level 1 characters cannot pvp.

Also, once the OP levels up, the OP will need good gear to pvp, which happen to drop from instances (molds, TT, FF, Lunar).

So I thought it was important to give a good overall opinion.

Same way a level 80+ wiz is probably the best at pvp, not many people have the patience to level a wiz to that level....

Well for all you know I could have a high level veno alt, so don't be so quick to tell people not to listen to other classes b:cute

I'm not saying that PvE shouldn't be mentioned, just why I specifically focused on PvP and not on PvE. Funny how I was going to send him to PvP Ponderings and you directed him to Venomancer...different opinions b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Well for all you know I could have a high level veno alt, so don't be so quick to tell people not to listen to other classes b:cute

I'm not saying that PvE shouldn't be mentioned, just why I specifically focused on PvP and not on PvE. Funny how I was going to send him to PvP Ponderings and you directed him to Venomancer...different opinions b:chuckle

If you read what I posted, I said although some people know what they are talking about, most don't. Which is a true statement.

Actualy, I think if he wants to pvp, he should go Archer or Cleric. The venos strengths are something he is not looking for after all, he wants the nuke power.
  • snoosey
    edited November 2009
    Options
    If you read what I posted, I said although some people know what they are talking about, most don't. Which is a true statement.

Actualy, I think if he wants to pvp, he should go Archer or Cleric. The venos strengths are something he is not looking for after all, he wants the nuke power.

Actually i decided to go wizard :] Updating now thanks for everyones help! i like this community alot so far
  • Sadpuma - Heavens Tear
    Sadpuma - Heavens Tear Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

I can count onone hand (at least those on HT server) that actually know how to play a veno class. It is not a common occurance :-/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I can count onone hand (at least those on HT server) that actually know how to play a veno class. It is not a common occurance :-/
    Mainly because...

Quick guide for venos:
    PvE: click target. send pet to target. heal pet.
    PvP: click target. click flesh ream.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    Sevas - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Mainly because...

Quick guide for venos:

It tickles me to see the venos who send in their pet and stand back and only heal when it might die. That's a very fail way to level. It takes twice as long. b:sad

b:chuckle Flesh ream, not gonna work. Pounce it! ;) Then you're good to rip more HP out. b:victory Venos are fun PvPs but I generally get nervous when facing a Veno or a Barb. My two least favorites to butt heads with.
  • axt57
    axt57 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Once you have a phoenix, turn demon and have good gear you will own in pvp. In fact I doubt anyone can challenge you if you learn how to play your cards correctly with such a setup.

My current crit is 21% as a demon veno with 42% channel due to the recent lunar item giveaway. I routinely 2-3 shot people my level without them even hitting me once.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mecadia - Sanctuary
    Mecadia - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    So Ive heard pounce and flesh ream... I could try both for myself, I can afford to. So I will start with flesh ream and see how that goes...and then I can try pounce and see which one kills faster.
  • LongWushi - Heavens Tear
    LongWushi - Heavens Tear Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    So Ive heard pounce and flesh ream... I could try both for myself, I can afford to. So I will start with flesh ream and see how that goes...and then I can try pounce and see which one kills faster.

You keep both. Duh. Your nix comes with Pounce and I think you have room to add Fleshream. You hit Pounce first then Ream. The whole point of Pounce is to stun player and then you Ream to bleed the hell out of them. If they aren't dead or their charm just ticked, you should be casting Lucky Scarab followed by Ironwood Scarab.
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    lol this thread is a couple days old, i think the argument was long over, whyd you bump the thread
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • LongWushi - Heavens Tear
    LongWushi - Heavens Tear Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Maybe they wanted a new answer. Either way, pretty dumb if you remove Pounce to add Ream then remove Ream to readd Pounce.
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

b:sad *hopes puma thinks I am on the list*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Imamandamnit - Heavens Tear
    Imamandamnit - Heavens Tear Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Mainly because...

Quick guide for venos:

So every veno that puma aint heard of falls into that category?

Me?Pvp on this game is a waste of time,and pve is best done solo away from the eyes and greed of squads