Low Level Duels?

Lisliren - Sanctuary
Lisliren - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
I've been challenged to duel occasionally from level 1 on. I thought the minimum level for that on the PVE servers was 30? I don't like PVP, so I automatically turn down those challenges.

Can duels really take place under 30? If so, how does that work?
Post edited by Lisliren - Sanctuary on

Comments

• FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Duels can take place any time. PK is what is limited to level 30+

Duels are basically harmless versions of fighting another player. You dont lose any exp, you have no chance to drop any items - none of that stuff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Mr_Mokona - Lost City
    Mr_Mokona - Lost City Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    In both pve and pvp servers, the minimum lvl for pvp is lvl 30, meaning you can kill/be killed outside of a safe zone. On pve servers you choose wether you are in pvp mode or not, so no random killings if you dont want.

As for duels its different, you have to consent to the duel so its not like your just being randomly attacked. As for how many requests your getting to duel, i dunno...some ppl just like to duel =P
    Yet it can be quite sad to see some higher lvl players hanging around starter cities etc and challenging newbies to duel when its obvious they will win...which i see alot these days...>_>
  • Lisliren - Sanctuary
    Lisliren - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I see. I didn't notice that in the game information or guides so far.
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Yet it can be quite sad to see some higher lvl players hanging around starter cities etc and challenging newbies to duel when its obvious they will win...which i see alot these days...>_>

My favorite is seeing level 85+ folks hanging around in Broken Bridge Village wearing nab armor and weapons challenging new players to duels.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Mr_Mokona - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Some ppl must just be really bored...XD
  • Mr_Mokona - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    (deleted...double post)
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    My favorite is seeing level 85+ folks hanging around in Broken Bridge Village wearing nab armor and weapons challenging new players to duels.

b:shocked
    FatherTed why you do that?
    xD
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Death_one - Heavens Tear
    Death_one - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    i deni duel invites all the time and people get all emotional and call me a newb lol its so funny duels are a waist of my timeb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]b:shutupb:laugh no really b:shutup
  • _Inferno - Sanctuary
    _Inferno - Sanctuary Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    You can't die in duels. However, you'd be left with like just 1 HP. =P
    Characters:
    _Inferno 101 Arcane Sage Crit Wizard b:cool
    magnumcroft 8x Fist/Axe Blademaster b:laugh

youtube.com/magnumcroft
    ^Sanctuary's TW vids yo!
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    ive logged into the game in starter towns and had some random-j-nub challenge me to a duel. so I accept. and i let them beat on me for a while, laughing hysterically until im finally bored of it and one shot them.

on my veno i would throw up bramble guard just to see how long it took em to kill themselves b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Fryckie - Sanctuary
    Fryckie - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    ive logged into the game in starter towns and had some random-j-nub challenge me to a duel. so I accept. and i let them beat on me for a while, laughing hysterically until im finally bored of it and one shot them.

on my veno i would throw up bramble guard just to see how long it took em to kill themselves b:laugh

That's just wrong, funny, but wrong.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I've been challenged to duel occasionally from level 1 on. I thought the minimum level for that on the PVE servers was 30? I don't like PVP, so I automatically turn down those challenges.

Can duels really take place under 30? If so, how does that work?

Duels are allowed at any level. They don't result in anything but the winner having a bigger e-peen that still can't be seen by a SEM (Scanning Electron Microscope). Personally, I don't 'normally' duel people unless I am around people of my own level and who are already dueling one another.

Someone who finds a thrill in 1 shotting a newb is just pathetic in my opinion.

~Saitada
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited November 2009

Someone who finds a thrill in 1 shotting a newb is just pathetic in my opinion.

~Saitada

I challenge thee to a duel!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..