9x Demon Cleric
Post edited by DeathBanana - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    b:cry Just the packs....I need 1* more then +6 b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    anyone else notice they did NOT tell us what is in the egg this time? Or is it the same as every other big rainbow egg? ... Either way more ppl are going to want to kill Duke.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    anyone else notice they did NOT tell us what is in the egg this time? Or is it the same as every other big rainbow egg? ... Either way more ppl are going to want to kill Duke.

b:sweat...
    did you even bother to read? X_x' here me will quote it straight off the web page for you.

"Big Rainbow Egg that gives you a chance at a Goldmane Lion as an added bonus!"

can you see it now? mayhaps?
    XD

and drats~ me evil plan not ready....but me will bide me time...yes...yes...
    (O.o)'
    err me mean.. eek eek squeak *roll over*
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maveena - Lost City
    Maveena - Lost City Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Basically a 25% savings

HMMMMM
    b:laugh
  • Nastassiya - Sanctuary
    Nastassiya - Sanctuary Posts: 483 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    They already said its a item upgrade set.

Dragon Orb and Socket Stone Pack
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    b:sweat...
    did you even bother to read? X_x' here me will quote it straight off the web page for you.

"Big Rainbow Egg that gives you a chance at a Goldmane Lion as an added bonus!"

can you see it now? mayhaps?
    XD

and drats~ me evil plan not ready....but me will bide me time...yes...yes...
    (O.o)'
    err me mean.. eek eek squeak *roll over*

Your so quick to hurl an insult, not just an insult but you go the extra mile to try to humiliate and demean someone.

When I looked at the page I didn't see nothing on it about any goldmane mount. Get off the cross... the rest of us need the wood.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TehMage - Lost City
    TehMage - Lost City Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    According to the page, the rainbow pack has 1-5* orbs and the other part of the sale is with socket stones. Not to mention it lasts a month.

Edit: my bad, the rainbow has a CHANCE at a goldmane mount D:
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Your so quick to hurl an insult, not just an insult but you go the extra mile to try to humiliate and demean someone.

When I looked at the page I didn't see nothing on it about any goldmane mount. Get off the cross... the rest of us need the wood.

yes for red....sort of. (o.O)' it was more of a joking way of pointing out what you've missed.
    no for blue.
    (o.o)'
    not sure how me humiliated and demeaned you.
    b:sweat
    sowwy for providing you with information. b:surrender
    and me has a cross? (O.o)' can me use the wood to make a giant wheel?
    =D
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pervs - Lost City
    Pervs - Lost City Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited November 2009

I see no insult in his post, It's not his fault you fail to read things properly. Now stop lying and making false accusations.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kikomori - Harshlands
    Kikomori - Harshlands Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I mean i know it gets boring at times, but must we resort to drama to entertain ourselves? lol...
  • Iseria - Harshlands
    Iseria - Harshlands Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    oh lookie here, as this thread is in favour of the sale it doesnt get closed.
    nice going there modsb:surrender
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    b:cry Just the packs....I need 1* more then +6 b:cry
    At current gold prices, you're better off just burning mirages without orbs to get +1 and +2.

+1 seems to succeed about half the time, for an average cost of 2 mirages. That's about 40k cost on HT, 80k for weaopns. A 1* dragon orb costs 0.27 gold = 135k with gold @ 500k.

+2 takes me about 10-12 mirages on average (starting with an unrefined item). That works out to 200-240k (400-480k for a weapon). A 2* dragon orb requires 4 1* orbs to make, for a cost of 540k.

It's risky. I've burned as many as 23 mirages trying to get +2. But a couple times I've done it with just 2. My average has been about 10-12, making it cheaper than using orbs.
  • Valirah - Sanctuary
    Valirah - Sanctuary Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    At current gold prices, you're better off just burning mirages without orbs to get +1 and +2.

+1 seems to succeed about half the time, for an average cost of 2 mirages. That's about 40k cost on HT, 80k for weaopns. A 1* dragon orb costs 0.27 gold = 135k with gold @ 500k.

+2 takes me about 10-12 mirages on average (starting with an unrefined item). That works out to 200-240k (400-480k for a weapon). A 2* dragon orb requires 4 1* orbs to make, for a cost of 540k.

It's risky. I've burned as many as 23 mirages trying to get +2. But a couple times I've done it with just 2. My average has been about 10-12, making it cheaper than using orbs.

I think that the chances are slightly better than that even. Out of the last 4-5 attempts that i've made, I've averaged about 7 to get to +2 (though in the past I have spent as many as 27). My current theory is that +1 has about a 60% chance, and each successive one has half the previous chance. I ran some calculations and came to belive that even +3 is slightly cheaper to get without orbs, on average.

My only field test of this theory came up in my favor, got my TT90 bracers to +3 with only 15 mirage spent total. b:victory
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I think that the chances are slightly better than that even. Out of the last 4-5 attempts that i've made, I've averaged about 7 to get to +2 (though in the past I have spent as many as 27). My current theory is that +1 has about a 60% chance, and each successive one has half the previous chance. I ran some calculations and came to belive that even +3 is slightly cheaper to get without orbs, on average.

My only field test of this theory came up in my favor, got my TT90 bracers to +3 with only 15 mirage spent total. b:victory

Interesting. I spent 6 mirages for armor and I didn't get even +1. Nothing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Not interested in this sale, it's not even 33% off like the other sales, and I rather combine my own orbs rather than having to deal with a bunch of different ones. (which I don't want to use)
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Interesting. I spent 6 mirages for armor and I didn't get even +1. Nothing.

Wow really? That's pretty sheer bad luck, because every other time I refine to +1 it's normally done in the first try. Apart from once, where it was the second. This goes for both weapon and armor, when I refine. =O

+2 I'm still relatively lucky. Given it's not hard for me to get +1 I can normally hit +2 in seven or eight mirages. (Yes, seven or eight. I have NEVER gone above a total of 10 mirages for +2 ever.)

+3 I managed twice. The first time it took me twelve mirages. The second it took me twenty three.

... And I refuse to try +4 without an orb. xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited November 2009

leave my hamster alone! he's my dinner! b:angry
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • Uncanny - Lost City
    Uncanny - Lost City Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Ive +3'd some of my gear with just mirages, if you do hh or Delta a lot you can stock up mirages real fast and eventually get +3
  • Magicsaber - Dreamweaver
    Magicsaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Even with help of Dragon Orbs you must use the dragon orb for the current refine or higher or it will not work.

From PWI Wikipedia:
    Dragon orbs are an item that can be bought through the cash shop or from other players. Using these alongside the mirage stones will ensure that your refining never fails.
    * Note: You must use the dragon orb for the current refine or higher or it will not work.

Refining with Dragon Orbs

|=================================================|
    |_______|____________Dragon_Orbs__________________|
    |Refine_|

|
    |level__|__Chance___|1*_Orbs_Needed|Total_Needed__|
    |_______|___________|______________|______________|
    |
    |
    |___1___|_100_%_____|_1____________|_1____________|
    |___2___|_1/4_______|_4____________|_5____________|
    |___3___|_1/10______|_10___________|_15___________|
    |___4___|_1/25______|_25___________|_40___________|
    |___5___|_1/60______|_60___________|_100__________|
    |___6___|_1/130_____|_130__________|_230__________|
    |___7___|_1/215_____|_215__________|_445__________|
    |___8___|_1/405_____|_405__________|_850__________|
    |___9___|_1/750_____|_750__________|_1600_________|
    |___10__|_1/1370____|_1370_________|_2970_________|
    |___11__|_1/2525____|_2525_________|_5495_________|
    |___12__|_1/4645____|_4645_________|_10140________|
    |=================================================|

Luck, fortune, etc. are (like weather) different each time you look at them.

For high Refine level I can say that exist 99% chance that anyone will pay (in average per large number of tries) not more, not less than price of Total Dragon Orbs Needed for this level.

P.S.
    There is an NPC, Duke Blacke, that wanders around Archosaur who sometimes gives players advice on refining. He tells you to go to the officer of a certain town for a higher chance at getting a certain refine without using any additional items. Some players believe what this NPC says really does increase the refining rate, but others don't. If you're feeling lucky, why not test it out?

* NOTE: To use the officers in some of these areas, you may need to be in the faction that currently has control over the area to talk to the officer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Luen - Dreamweaver_1345639169
    Luen - Dreamweaver_1345639169 Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Woah, first time I ever tried to refine something, and I got my TT Axes +2 with only 4 Mirages =)

Wasn't the Dragon Orbs always succesful? =:/
    Building one...

P.S. for posts: Sorry for my bad english... >.<
  • Magicsaber - Dreamweaver
    Magicsaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Woah, first time I ever tried to refine something, and I got my TT Axes +2 with only 4 Mirages =)

Wasn't the Dragon Orbs always succesful? =:/
    Always.

100% of success if you use orbs of proper level.

For example, in your case:
    2 Mirages + Dragon Orb of 1 level
    2 Mirages + Dragon Orb of 2 level
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kott - Sanctuary
    Kott - Sanctuary Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    b:cry Why are you guys so cruel!? Why is ther always an awsome sale just a day after I spend all my saved money b:sad
    I usually refine to +4 without orbs, with gear takes about 50 mirages or so on average, cheaper than actually purchasing the normal orbs with the gold price now =_=
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    This is in no way an awesome sale. +5ing used to be ~6m. Even 3m at some point, with no sales whatsoever. Now, WITH THIS SALE, it'll cost you around 12m on Lost City. Good f*cking game.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    If pwi cared even the slightest about our economy or their players in general, they'd release the orbs in a 2 day NPC shop sale at around 40k apiece. A slight temporary loss in profit on a single item would be almost meaningless to them, yet would create a great deal of customer satisfaction and general trust in the company. On top of that it would be an absolutely godly coin sink. Or even if they'd added them to the jj packs instead of candy and junk.

Give and take pwi, not take and take more.... =/
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    You know what was nice.. I had about 300 dragon orbs from the first few orb sales. Which I got for 20-30k each. Then I sold em for 150k during the anniversary pack sale. Meaning a WHOPPING 5-6x profit.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    You know what was nice.. I had about 300 dragon orbs from the first few orb sales. Which I got for 20-30k each. Then I sold em for 150k during the anniversary pack sale. Meaning a WHOPPING 5-6x profit.

You know what isn't nice? Thanks to the anniversary pack sale and gold inflation everything costs 5-6x more. Pretty much negating your profit and making it almost meaningless.
  • RedBull - Lost City
    RedBull - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    errr what prices have gone up?
    THings you get with gold, thats it. Just buy charms with real money and the rest is still the same overall.
    Prices may have doubled but gold has gone up 6x so your still getting a enourmously good deal.

I remember a long time ago i sold 50 gold for 5 mil! WTH is that?
    50 gold is now 30 mil!!! b:dirtyb:dirtyb:dirty

I love pwi
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    You know what isn't nice? Thanks to the anniversary pack sale and gold inflation everything costs 5-6x more. Pretty much negating your profit and making it almost meaningless.

Thats so true.. Except for some items say, teleports, TT items, substances, and... theres nothing else of value.

No point of TT/3* gear when everyone steamrolls you with their lunar/frost gear and +7 refines with +10vit stones. b:surrender
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Woot! Now I can spend less in-game coin! :D
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132