How bad is the inflation in PW?

Options
nick255
nick255 Posts: 1 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
I was wondering how bad the mudflation is in Perfect World and have any steps been taken to control it?
Post edited by nick255 on

Comments

• Aelebera - Heavens Tear
    Aelebera - Heavens Tear Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    they government should raise interest rates to encourage people to save instead of spend, thus reducing upward inflationary pressures

oh wait, this isnt the real world :\
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sinense - Sanctuary
    Sinense - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    On a scale of 1 to 10, I would give PW inflation a 5.
  • Worship - Harshlands
    Worship - Harshlands Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I think it is pretty bad, err horribly bad. When i started playing gold prices were 150k now its 500k... A few steps have been taken: implementing coin sink events... but it is just not enough
  • Oldbear - Sanctuary
    Oldbear - Sanctuary Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    interesting though that the inflations is not only on the "can't buy a thing" sector but also on the "I can charge more for my stuff" sector. For instance the lowest level smithing mats like pig iron or sandstone has sales price at least 2K a piece and they sell every time. it's 2x of what it used to have. so i guess it's your only chance- charge more yourself so that you can afford to buy overcharged goods. It's not pretty but it works. and remeber while gold has gone up, and most of stuff you get from players (the needest) has gone up- the drop rate from mobs and NPC prices are same therefore- NPC-ing things is economically worst thing to do.
    So since it's player overpriced gear you want then the overpriced mats for players is how you gonna get them. I mean a lil bit of grinding bugs and you can sell 10 purified oils for no less than 100K and it sells. Not so bad actually

So, adapt the new changed economic situation and you may still do relatively well as a player who don't wanna spend real cash
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    o.O
    me don't think the inflation in PWI is bad at all. b:chuckle
    and me don't cash shop.
    (>.<)'
    and me am bad at reading sale prices on mats and such....soooo me play to me strength:
    destruction of everything in a 100 meter radius. (o.o)' and um...getting by with the minimum of everything. (skills, gear, etc)
    XD
    b:victory
    that brings in a pretty good income. d(^.-d)

also whats all this QQ about unnecessary items?
    (>.<)'
    cash shop = optional not needed for game play. it only makes it easier.
    also as whats his name said. in game stuff seem to be selling for more so that means me can make more coins to keep up.
    (O.o)
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]