Lightaine - Dreamweaver Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    =DDDDDDDDD

Yes please!
    hai2u
  • Kohlyka - Heavens Tear
    Kohlyka - Heavens Tear Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I know the red-named people are smart enough to carry the dolls, but that's the chance you take when killing anything in the game, player or mob - whether they drop items or not.

Oh, Kittennice, I totally forgot that the normal mode already has light blue names lol. That's probably where I made you confused. The computer I'm using has some weird colour issue that there's hardly a difference between white names and blue names. I just forgot. Anyhow, when I was mentioning blue-named people in my last post, I meant a super dark blue. Maybe even change all the times I said blue to green so that they'd be having obviously green names to avoid the confusion. I was just referring to a way that we could separate the bounty hunters from the hunted murders. The people who aren't in PK mode at all would remained completely untouched.

Reworded
    But to become the hunter, maybe THAT'S when we talk to the guard, get a GREEN name, and we can enter PK regularly as if using a white/red-name. Though, with the advantages of being a green-named PK'er, you can have a list of the red-named players (that are close to your level) and choose who you want to hunt down for a set price (supposedly based on how many player's they PK'd).

However, if a red-named player is killed by a green-named player, no items should drop (in my opinion), because this should be the advantage of being a red-named player killing other red-named/green-named players (as in normal PK). So either way, you are awarded, but it depends on which side you take and you gamble on who you want to kill; such as, "Is it worth killing so-and-so as a red-named player or a green-named player?" and "I will get only money [guarenteed] if I kill so-and-so as a green-named player, but I may get some good items [if they don't have a doll on them] if I kill them with a red-name."

The bounty on their head would be on them for as long as they're considered murderers, and the green-named players would stay green-named as long as they're stuck in PK mode under that status.

So when putting this into gameplay, a player can choose to enter PK normally, and kill his/her way up into becoming a murderer. When his/her name is pink or red, their name will automatically join the universal "Wanted List."

The other option is to enter PK mode in alliance with the guards and obtain a green name. From there, you can obtain a quest that gives you the "Wanted List" (however, your list is changed to have players near your level).

Green-named players can attack any player in PK mode except other green-named players. All other players in the standard PK mode, it's still a free-for-all, killing any PK'er.

Once a green-named player has killed a player on the wanted list, the reward is mailed to them. However, the bounty remains on their head for the remainder of the time they're in PK mode, but that specific green-named player cannot collect the reward for that specific PK'er more than once. Maybe the player is even taken off of their list in the quest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I know the red-named people are smart enough to carry the dolls, but that's the chance you take when killing anything in the game, player or mob - whether they drop items or not.

Oh, Kittennice, I totally forgot that the normal mode already has light blue names lol. That's probably where I made you confused. The computer I'm using has some weird colour issue that there's hardly a difference between white names and blue names. I just forgot. Anyhow, when I was mentioning blue-named people in my last post, I meant a super dark blue. Maybe even change all the times I said blue to green so that they'd be having obviously green names to avoid the confusion. I was just referring to a way that we could separate the bounty hunters from the hunted murders. The people who aren't in PK mode at all would remained completely untouched.

Once the bounty hunter murders another player, will they change from hunter to hunted?
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Kagaro - Dreamweaver
    Kagaro - Dreamweaver Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    i will become a notorious killer, then get on an alt on another comp and kill myself

^ nuff said
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Malego - Heavens Tear
    Malego - Heavens Tear Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    i will become a notorious killer, then get on an alt on another comp and kill myself

^ nuff said

Best to increase the % of the bounty eaten by the server to 50% just to mess with people like this guy. Massive coin sink no matter what.
    I am a barb that does not powerlevel, nor cash shop. I may not be the highest level, nor have the best gear. However unlike others, I know how to play.b:pleased
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited November 2009

Red/Blood red will be hunted
    White/Pink will be hunters

Or since your computer has that color thing, there can be an icon to show who is a killer and no icon for a hunter. I think changing colors now would would confuse some people and we can't let people go untouchable because there are no untouchables in pvp unless they are 29- and those people will not have the ability to do that quest. But I see what you're coming from. The green color would work if the game was not already made.
    Once the bounty hunter murders another player, will they change from hunter to hunted?

If they kill the hunter and are pink and turn red, then yes. If white name then go pink, no. Same goes for a regular player so we keep the PKing as normal as possible. So the Devs won't be confused or say **** it because that will be changing the coding too much if it is implimented.

^ nuff said

We already discuss that in prior posts. I'll put the answer to that in my first post in a sec. Plus, Gms know your accountsb:cute. So try and get banned.
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    How about this.

People have to pay money to put up a bounty(coin sink). That person has to be a pink name-red name. You have a time limit to kill that person.

You can do the quest one time per day and the bounty you recieve will be random (to prevent people from choosing themselves). Once a person gets a bounty, no one else can get that person until either:

A- the hunter kills the hunted
    B- the hunted kills the hunter
    C- the hunter fails the find the hunted

If the hunted kills the hunter than the hunter cant get another bounty until 12:00 AM. If the hunter kills the hunted then they recieve rep based off the color of the name they kill. If the hunter doesnt find the hunted he can try again 1 more time but will recieve half rep (rounded down) and they have to pay a fee.

The darker the red, the less time you have but the more rep you recieve. Also, to make it somewhat more fair to the players, you can pay a fee to choose a certain color. For example, If you want to kill a blood red name, you have to pay 200k and you will get a random blood red name. YOU CAN NOT GET RID OF A BOUNTY HUNTER QUEST.

Color = price - time limit - rep - fee if you fail
    Pink Name Bounty = 50k - 2 hours - 5 rep - 25k
    Pinkish reddish name= 100k - 1 hour 30 minutes - 10 rep - 50k
    red name= 150k - 1 hour - 15 rep - 75k
    blood red name=200k - 1 hour - 20 rep - 100k

Its a great coin sink and its like a daily way to get rep. If you see any loopholes, let me know and i can fix it >:D
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Malego - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    Rep for this would leave out anyone who did not pk. Bad idea unless the person you killed drops their rep and you pick it up.
    I am a barb that does not powerlevel, nor cash shop. I may not be the highest level, nor have the best gear. However unlike others, I know how to play.b:pleased
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Well how about the person with the most kills get a warsoul /sarcasm

Hmmm
    How about this,
    If a person talks to bounty npc as a blue name they will be white for only the duration of their bounty. During this time if they get a red name from killing someone other than the person they are hunting, they will:

A: Not be able to go blue at the end of their bounty
    B: Automatically added to bounty list for 2 hours
    C: Will stay pink/red/whatever until time is up
    D: Will lose rep according to their infamous time if they do kill their bounty person.

Thats good?

Naa, a person losing their rep would prevent people from doing this. I thought of rep because of killing a person would give you a good reputation. Well i will add one more thing to the above list.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
  • Malego - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    Make the rep a specific pk only rep that has no bearing on anything and its fine.
    edited November 2009
    That's very interesting. But I'm telling you now, people will lose interest and won't be eager to do it if it's only rep. Killing a person is much harder than going through an fb. I personally would go in pk mode reguarly for the money. Rep is meh to me.

I think we should leave the pk system alone because we can't make them go back to blue instantly. There is a set time limit for going back to blue.

I like the random generator (Like Bounty Hunter quest). It will prevent alts from killing. And instead of unable to trash, let it be trashed but they can't get it again until the next day. And there can be more than one person who gets the quest because there may be more hunters than killers in that level range.

Giving a fee is a bit too much if it's only rep. You already pay money for badges for rep which is way easier. I still think pink should be untouchable because it's close to white but not red so there are 2 groups of 2: White/Pink (Hunters) and Red/Blood-red (Killers) but that's my opinion...

I wouldn't give a specific time limit. Only because a person can cheat and go off-line or stay in town etc. The time a hunter takes is how much the amount will decrease by so that's good enough. Then they can choose to trash that quest and wait another day for a new person or try their luck more.

Loosing things is a bit too much. There is some chance a player can drop an item upon death (Whether hunter or hunted). That's punishment enough. How about the killers can place bounties on each other. The more money on a killer, the more probability of that killer being on people's to kill quest. (Coin sinkage?) Also, Duke Blacke can tell the last seen spot of a killer a hunter has on their quest list for a price (Another coin sink maybe?)
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    That's very interesting. But I'm telling you now, people will lose interest and won't be eager to do it if it's only rep. Killing a person is much harder than going through an fb. I personally would go in pk mode reguarly for the money. Rep is meh to me.

I think we should leave the pk system alone because we can't make them go back to blue instantly. There is a set time limit for going back to blue.

I like the random generator (Like Bounty Hunter quest). It will prevent alts from killing. And instead of unable to trash, let it be trashed but they can't get it again until the next day. And there can be more than one person who gets the quest because there may be more hunters than killers in that level range.

Giving a fee is a bit too much if it's only rep. You already pay money for badges for rep which is way easier. I still think pink should be untouchable because it's close to white but not red so there are 2 groups of 2: White/Pink (Hunters) and Red/Blood-red (Killers) but that's my opinion...

I wouldn't give a specific time limit. Only because a person can cheat and go off-line or stay in town etc. The time a hunter takes is how much the amount will decrease by so that's good enough. Then they can choose to trash that quest and wait another day for a new person or try their luck more.

Loosing things is a bit too much. There is some chance a player can drop an item upon death (Whether hunter or hunted). That's punishment enough. How about the killers can place bounties on each other. The more money on a killer, the more probability of that killer being on people's to kill quest. (Coin sinkage?) Also, Duke Blacke can tell the last seen spot of a killer a hunter has on their quest list for a price (Another coin sink maybe?)

I thought the rep was a nice idea. By killing the "bad people" your reputation grows so it makes a great reward. Also, the amount of rep it gives is pretty decent.

The person doesnt have to pay to get a quest, but if they do pay they can choose their reward(Whether to get an easy 5 rep or to get a tough 20 rep).

I added Pink names because they are generally not many red names, mostly pink names and pink-red names.

As for the go offline thing, maybe we can have people volunteer to be the "bad guys". They of course will recieve a reward.

Maybe you can make it like an alliance thing. 10 teams and each person pays xx amount to join a team. The people on the team PK all day and at 12:00 AM the team with the most kills gets a prize and of course there will be 2nd place prize, 3rd place prize and constellation prizes for everyone else. Also, make this one a random choice so you cant make a team too strong, its all random who you work with.

Its an interesting idea that you have to play around with. You should put this in the suggestion forums after you get everything figured out.

Lol i like the duke black idea. He has a big mouth and i bet his 9(?) wives can help out too b:chuckle
    Make the rep a specific pk only rep that has no bearing on anything and its fine.

Not sure what you mean. Can you explain a bit more
  • Malego - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    I thought the rep was a nice idea. By killing the "bad people" your reputation grows so it makes a great reward. Also, the amount of rep it gives is pretty decent.

The person doesnt have to pay to get a quest, but if they do pay they can choose their reward(Whether to get an easy 5 rep or to get a tough 20 rep).

I added Pink names because they are generally not many red names, mostly pink names and pink-red names.

As for the go offline thing, maybe we can have people volunteer to be the "bad guys". They of course will recieve a reward.

Maybe you can make it like an alliance thing. 10 teams and each person pays xx amount to join a team. The people on the team PK all day and at 12:00 AM the team with the most kills gets a prize and of course there will be 2nd place prize, 3rd place prize and constellation prizes for everyone else. Also, make this one a random choice so you cant make a team too strong, its all random who you work with.

Its an interesting idea that you have to play around with. You should put this in the suggestion forums after you get everything figured out.

Lol i like the duke black idea. He has a big mouth and i bet his 9(?) wives can help out too b:chuckle

Not sure what you mean. Can you explain a bit more

I meant have it be rep, but NOT the rep you get for the rank gear. Have it be a separate rep that means nothing.
  • IDaun - Dreamweaver
    IDaun - Dreamweaver Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I meant have it be rep, but NOT the rep you get for the rank gear. Have it be a separate rep that means nothing.

That wouldn't give people a lot of incentive to go out and PK. It would be like WC'ing to kill someone-- granted, I've never played on a PK server, but... I would think not a lot of people would answer the WC if it offered no incentive to kill this person. Same with this idea.

The reward would have to be worth something, give some sense of accomplishment for killing this player.
  • remorhaz
    remorhaz Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    exploitable /thread
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2009
    remorhaz wrote: »
    exploitable /thread

Read everything pleaseb:cute

@Miz: I doubt anyone would voulenteer themselves to be a bad guy. Please make it simplier for the Devs >.<. 10 is going over the squad limit and there are already things for people in squads of 6 with pking. The 1st, 2nd, and 3rd can be like an instance type thing as someone else said (sorry forgot nameb:surrender). Perhaps the arenas would take on a tournament like that. Let's not make it a tourny because that's alot of coding right there. You see the areans still aren't fixed -_-. Sadly...
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
  • Kohlyka - Heavens Tear
    Kohlyka - Heavens Tear Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I would say no becaue the hunter is doing a favor by killing the hunted. So while being a hunter, their sole job for being a green-named player is to kill as many murderers as possible (only needed to kill them once to claim their reward) while they're in PK mode and rack up the rewards.

Oh, I also wanted to mention that if a red-named player killed a green-named player, then they could still lose items. I was basing the item dropping thing on merit. Y'know, if you're a bad guy, you'd kill for loot. If you were a good guy, you'd kill for the "good guy's reward."

And when I meant "untouchable," I was referring to those carebears like me in the PvE servers that aren't in PK mode. xD

Edit: Oh, I do like the reputation idea. Reminds me of Elderscrolls: Oblivion! Maybe more like "infamacy"(sp?) and "well-known" kind of reputation?

Also, on a side note, when I refer to those "red-named" people, I'm referring to the pink and blood red names.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asmathi - Sanctuary
    Asmathi - Sanctuary Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Main turns as red as possible, log in on 2nd computer, kill main in a remote area with alt..voila.

I like the general concept of the idea though, just reward shouldn't be coin or anything that can easily fetch coin. Maybe spirit or like 25-50k exp for example.

If you really want to see competition, make it rep. and make the levels like 1x can hunt 1x, 2x can hunt 2x, and 2x gets 20 rep, 3x gets 30 rep, 10x gets 100 rep from each kill, unless a difficult kill, where they get more rep, such as the leader of Nef, CQ, or another lead fac
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Past is but a mere memory. Never Regret, for it can never be changed.
  • Angel__sora - Sanctuary
    Angel__sora - Sanctuary Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I see the rise of the faction Mandalore that does only bounty hunting. b:surrender
    One man's pain is another man's lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    IDEA! You could get a certain amount of money while red, thus increasing the red population and decreasing the demand for reds
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    inB4movetosuggestionforum?

If you add a reward for killing there is too much of an opportunity for collusion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • coleminor3
    coleminor3 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I kinda like the idea.. but i think it would be cool if you could personally place a bounty on another player.. like, i goto an NPC and it'll ask me who i want the bounty on, in which case I type the players name. Then, it will ask me how much money I'm puttin out as the bounty, could be anywhere from 20k to millions, depend upon lvl and demand.. then, when bounty hunters goto the same npc, they get a list of people that have bountys placed on em, they pick one, two, however many they want, and go hunting. Once the player thats on the bounty list is killed, they dissapear from the bounty list. Multiple players could take on the quest to kill one particular player in a squad, almost like a squad of lvl 50's trying to kill one lvl 100 or somethin.. dunno, food for thought..
  • coleminor3
    coleminor3 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    also, if the bountys are placed automatically from the npc, and the coin for collecting the bounty comes from the npc, and not another player, that opens the door for fraudulent behavior, glitches, loopholes, and whatnot.. You should also attach a fee, like at the auctioneer when selling gold.. if you want to place a bounty of 100k, then its gonna cost you an extra 5 or 10k to place the bounty, and the price could vary, like 100k would be 10k, but a 1 mil bounty would have a fee of 50k or 100k or something..
  • Iseria - Harshlands
    Iseria - Harshlands Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    impossible to do so:

a) i go kill players lower level than me till i go blood red and go to arch.
    bring one of my alts on my laptop and get Head Hunt of my other char.
    squad and go into instance.
    leave squad and kill and get reward.
    repeat.
    woot level 90 without spending on oracles.

b)most Cash Shoppers are high level pkers. if they get 200+ people on their trail ticking their charms and guardian scrolls, theyll RQ.
  • Tryndal - Heavens Tear
    Tryndal - Heavens Tear Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    coleminor3 wrote: »
    I kinda like the idea.. but i think it would be cool if you could personally place a bounty on another player..

OMG I would b sooooooooooooooooooooooo broke!b:laughb:chuckleb:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Arrows fletched with the feathers of angels seldom miss their mark.
    edited November 2009
    impossible to do so:

a) i go kill players lower level than me till i go blood red and go to arch.
    bring one of my alts on my laptop and get Head Hunt of my other char.
    squad and go into instance.
    leave squad and kill and get reward.
    repeat.
    woot level 90 without spending on oracles.

b)most Cash Shoppers are high level pkers. if they get 200+ people on their trail ticking their charms and guardian scrolls, theyll RQ.

A) Figured it out.

B)The bounty will be at random. And All they have to do is wait till their name goes pink/white and they are off the bounty quest.
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    A) Figured it out.

B)The bounty will be at random. And All they have to do is wait till their name goes pink/white and they are off the bounty quest.

You might want to update your first post as loopholes are solved.

What i mean by 10 teams, its like 10 seperate teams but i dont think that many will be needed so lets make it 4 teams.

Teams will be known by colors: Red, Blue, Green, Yellow

The team you get will be random and you pay a fee to join a team. Once you join the team you can use that teams chat(they will have to add another chat). Team will have to kill another team for points.(i.e. Red team kills Blue team, Blue team kills Green team, Green team kills Yellow team and Yellow team kills red team. Each person killed gives a team 1 point. Team with the most points win a prize. Other teams recieve a constellation prize.

You wont have to change the PK system much. Its pretty much world pvp only in a faction like group that you keep for a day. It will allow for more interactions among people and exchange of ideas. Of course we will have to divide it by level.

Level 60-79
    Level 80-99
    Level 100+

I think it should start at lvl 60 because at lvl 59 thats when each class gets their major skills. It would be something like the bounty hunter thing you have but not as complicated to implement.
    edited November 2009
    You might want to update your first post as loopholes are solved.

What i mean by 10 teams, its like 10 seperate teams but i dont think that many will be needed so lets make it 4 teams.

Teams will be known by colors: Red, Blue, Green, Yellow

The team you get will be random and you pay a fee to join a team. Once you join the team you can use that teams chat(they will have to add another chat). Team will have to kill another team for points.(i.e. Red team kills Blue team, Blue team kills Green team, Green team kills Yellow team and Yellow team kills red team. Each person killed gives a team 1 point. Team with the most points win a prize. Other teams recieve a constellation prize.

You wont have to change the PK system much. Its pretty much world pvp only in a faction like group that you keep for a day. It will allow for more interactions among people and exchange of ideas. Of course we will have to divide it by level.

Level 60-79
    Level 80-99
    Level 100+

I think it should start at lvl 60 because at lvl 59 thats when each class gets their major skills. It would be something like the bounty hunter thing you have but not as complicated to implement.

Sounds fun^^
    I guess we can make it an instance (Arena maybe?)
    What if you don't want to have a team?
    Should it be setup as teams and free-for-all?
    That way your 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place can be put in if there are two seperate ones.
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
  • Paulita - Dreamweaver
    Paulita - Dreamweaver Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Suppose the hunted always logs out when being chased o.O back to random player killing gain b:chuckle

plus i am more of a random player killer when i do actually pk, i fight whoever is killable regardless how more powerful they are than me or weak
    b:shocked
    edited November 2009
    Suppose the hunted always logs out when being chased o.O back to random player killing gain b:chuckle

Yes, that can happen. However they can't stay offline forever :P
    And the quest can be trashable but another quest will show the next day.
    It is the hunters choice to eiter keep going after that person who logged or wait the next day for a hopefully new person.
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!