Maintenance Clock

Kittennice - Heavens Tear
Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Suggestion Box
Since not everyone are in the forums and/or forget there is maintenance that day, I suggest a timer to keep track like red numbers. That way people will know the exact time the servers will be shutting down. System announcements are great, but it would be a bit more convenient to let gamers know the exact time.

Edit: A better place would be the map bar next to the elevation number.
The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
Having fun since lv1
5 more levels baby!
^_____^
{=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
Post edited by Kittennice - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• kittennice
    kittennice Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    forgot poll. Sorry.
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    the server shutdown timer exists actually. when it gets to 5 minutes prior to shutdown, brown/gray text appears in your chat box saying "300 seconds to server shutdown" and then continues to countdown every few seconds. It would be nice though if the color of that text was changed though considering the fact it can be lost amidst all the "acquired coin(s)" messages.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Piliener - Lost City
    Piliener - Lost City Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    There used to be GM announcements a couple hours prior. 300 seconds just isn't enough if you have a life and don't troll the forums like myself. It's not always Tuesday's anymore and it's not always the same time. So, some sort of clock in game would always be helpful.
    Spoons you will forever be missed in this community
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Make the Duke announce it, every minute as a countdown to maint...

Alternatively, it could be a CS item you buy for like 10 gold that would warn you when there was 300 seconds before maint.

For another 5 gold, you could get a second timer to countdown to unscheduled maintenance.

And finaly, for 100 gold you could get a timer with a countdown of how many minutes until AnyPacks are removed.

I am sure the last option would be very popular.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    Seriously, does everyone have to put boxes and gold in a conversation?
    It's really annoying. Like crack or something, you just have to say (have) it.
    Please stop.

Anyways as Piliener said, 300 seconds is not enough nor 5 minutes. There are days when it just says 5 minutes till maintenance and people are already in their TTs, fbs, FF, etc. A clock will give each player prior knowledge of the exact shutdown so no one can complain about not knowing. Perhaps regular white time for server then a red timer shows up beside it on maintenance day.

I know where exactly to put it. On the map bar alittle ways from the elevation number =^^=
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
  • ToyKitteh - Heavens Tear
    ToyKitteh - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    That would be convenient, but I think it's kind of unlikely because it's more of a 'when it happens' thing.

They plan for it to be at a certain time but it is nearly always late or early or whatever. Unforeseeable circumstances sadly make this impossible, and LOL At Ice's sarcastic post.
    edited November 2009
    Maybe it can turn a different color when they have an unexpected maint.?
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
  • Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear
    Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Seriously, does everyone have to put boxes and gold in a conversation?
    It's really annoying. Like crack or something, you just have to say (have) it.
    Please stop.

Anyways as Piliener said, 300 seconds is not enough nor 5 minutes. There are days when it just says 5 minutes till maintenance and people are already in their TTs, fbs, FF, etc. A clock will give each player prior knowledge of the exact shutdown so no one can complain about not knowing. Perhaps regular white time for server then a red timer shows up beside it on maintenance day.

I know where exactly to put it. On the map bar alittle ways from the elevation number =^^=

this has happened to me TWICE. it is rather infuriating. i paid good money for those subsb:surrender

but i don't think they would ever put a clock up. if they did, who's to say they would keep it up to date?
    edited November 2009
    this has happened to me TWICE. it is rather infuriating. i paid good money for those subsb:surrender

but i don't think they would ever put a clock up. if they did, who's to say they would keep it up to date?

True, but at least we have a accurate clock for Tw?
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!