Pets 'n mounts

Options
cerealtoucher
cerealtoucher Posts: 5 Arc User
edited November 2009 in General Discussion
I got a quick question that should be easy to answer. Does perfect world have a pet system like Ether Saga? Also, in Perfect World and Ether Saga, are mounts a rare thing, cash shop only, or something you get sorta early in the game?
Post edited by cerealtoucher on

Comments

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Battle pets are usable by venomancers only. There are all-class pets, but they're purely decorative and rather expensive.

There are 2 types of mounts: aerogear (sword, flying beast, or wings, depending on race) and ground mounts (no differentiation for race.) The former are awarded through a quest at level 30, with better aerogear obtainable through the cash shop, the latter are mostly cash shop only (there are a couple of horses you can buy from the pet manager, for ~2.5 million coin.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Myralis - Sanctuary
    Myralis - Sanctuary Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Never payed Ether but we here deffo only got one class that can use pets: Venomancers. Theyre the only ones who can have fighting pets.

For mounts.. Nuh, not really rare.
    You can get them early if you spent cash or make some money in game, the lowest is requisite level 20 I think.
    And theres also mounts, two horses I think, you can get with ingame coins.

Edit: Forgot to add you can always buy mounts off other players with coin :)
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [ -- Wolves - Alpha | Hurt me, I'll bite back. Hurt my pack, I'll snap your neck. -- ]
  • febrerox
    febrerox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    @ pet system

Nope. in PWI only venomancer's can use pets that help you in battle. The other classes can have pets as well, but it's only to sit there and look pretty while you kill b:cute

@ mounts

well, for land mounts, the pretty ones with all the special effects (sparkley, glowey ones) are from the cash shop, but you can buy them IG from other players :3 there are 2 normal horses you can buy using IG currency though from an NPC :) some mounts are also rare i.e. you either get them from special cash shop sales, from winning certain events, or if you're very lucky from the Anniversary Packs.

as for flying mounts, the winged elf race (cleric/archer) can fly from lv1. The other two races (untamed and human) can fly starting lv30, where you have to do a quest to get your fly mount. Of course, you can buy them from the cash shop as well (or from other players), but there're no fly mounts you can buy from an NPC IG. As with land mounts, some fly mounts are rare as well, which you get from cash shop sales, winning events and again, the Anniversary Packs.

Hope i answered your questions well enough :)

EDIT: dang, ninja-ed twice =/
  • cerealtoucher
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Thank you.

The reason I didn't ask a Ether Saga question in it's community, is because I knew PWI and ESO were hosted by the same people, therefor, their communities would be the same or similar.

Also, it seems like ESO is the little and not as popular but still great baby sister of PWI, according to the things I read.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    OT: Did your name come to you by chance or did you use a complex formula in creating possibly the best name ever?
  • cerealtoucher
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Actually, I know this name sucks. Was that sarcasm, or not?

Lately, on other games and game communities, my community name is Glazed, and my in-game character name is usually Warnamon.