Clerics Should be Faster

Mkto - Heavens Tear
Mkto - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Cleric
Maybe this topic is already around but still is something we all clerics need.

Clerics Should be a Little faster...

If PWI developers are taking so much time creating new races, new quests, genies skills, new items.. etc. Why they can't take a little time and increase the speed of clerics?

Is good that each class is different from each other but make some one super slow is stupid. Probably i will say that at least 80% of clerics are having trouble with their speed in dungeons, it doesn't matter if u use Speed Pills or genie skills, there is always a time where you become slower and everyone pass over you and left you behind. Like when you crazy barb decides to run like mad crazy directly into mobs/boss and start attacking and 10 seconds later start crying for heal while you are 30sec-1min away from him. Or when your Full Squad decides to attack different mobs and you are not around, because you are left behind.

This are some samples that clerics suffer in this BH times, where they are been called 3-4 times a day.

So please Devs of pwi, make us faster plz.
Post edited by Mkto - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• RezzErection - Harshlands
    RezzErection - Harshlands Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    like your idea but its not gonna happen. you seen the clumsy ropes we are doomed to wearb:shocked?

my main problem is in pvp where classes outrun/fly me easily -.-'' and skills take time to channelb:surrender

dungeons umm, i just walk slowly around and revive everyone that was stupid enough to overhear my first warning..

btw use a cleric avvy ppl might get confused >.>
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    like your idea but its not gonna happen. you seen the clumsy ropes we are doomed to wearb:shocked?

my main problem is in pvp where classes outrun/fly me easily -.-'' and skills take time to channelb:surrender

dungeons umm, i just walk slowly around and revive everyone that was stupid enough to overhear my first warning..
    btw use a cleric avvy ppl might get confused >.>

Flying has nothing to do with your running speed. b:surrender Get faster wings?

Wizards run just as slow as us...only difference is they have distance shrink. It would be nice to have a skill that speeds us up a bit outside of Holy Path, since most classes have SOME kind of skill like that speeds them up (before level 79, which only gets us to ~6.2 anyway).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Flying has nothing to do with your running speed. b:surrender Get faster wings?

Flying speed=Running speed+Wing speed.
    Or else we'd be going at .5m/s with the eagle wings b:surrender

Anyway, I think clerics should stay this speed. Though it may be frusturating, it's a good balance considering what we do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Slake - Lost City
    Slake - Lost City Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Flying speed=Running speed+Wing speed.
    Or else we'd be going at .5m/s with the eagle wings b:surrender

Anyway, I think clerics should stay this speed. Though it may be frusturating, it's a good balance considering what we do.

That... is not correct. running speed has zero to do with flying speed. I don't know exactly what the number is, but I think wings all have a base speed (say 5m/s) and the numbers on the wings just increase that. My opinion is based on the fact that if im flying alongside anyone that has maxed 3m/s wings like me, we fly at the same speed, even venos and barbs that are VERY fast on the ground.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GotTold.com

Sup?
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I agree that they should have the same as most and I would include Wizards/Barb non tigerform.The OP is talking about walking speed only.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver
    XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    It's inconvenient...but totally worth it to have access to all the tools we have available to us. If a party can't be bothered to wait for us, then they deserve to die when they Rambo into a boss and it's adds, or a larger group of mobs in an instance. b:chuckle
  • Mystiwarrior - Sanctuary
    Mystiwarrior - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    This would be better if it was in Gen Discussion or Suggest forum.
  • OhnO - Dreamweaver
    OhnO - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Yeah, it's really frustrating beeing as slow as us without a proper skill to help us run faster.
    Venos for instance, about the fastest class ingame and not enough with that, they also have about the best skill for running fast ingame.
    The funny thing though, out of fox-form, theyr speed is render useless for as long as they let theyr pets keep the agro (wich can be easy with Roar on the pet).
    What about changing speed values with the venos, i can't see how they need it more than us, since we're the ones keeping ppl alive, wich just ain't easy, since most of the ppl just refuse to litsen to the cleric telling them to wait.
    i mean cmon, they have a pet ffs, they can reach the mob as fast as the tank even if theyr speed we're reduced 4.5 (considering they're using the skill for it)
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    its not like manditory but.......it would help...........alot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • ewingoil
    ewingoil Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I doubt they would go with slower walking speed as some of the pets they use do use fast walking speed.There is to the swim mastery which they lost.I don't think they would agree with this and Barbs in tiger form walk much faster as well lost thier swim mastery.

The only thing is to make the cleric faster say 5.0 or 5.1 or so.
  • Sir_Martin - Lost City
    Sir_Martin - Lost City Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Maybe this topic is already around but still is something we all clerics need.

Clerics Should be a Little faster...

If PWI developers are taking so much time creating new races, new quests, genies skills, new items.. etc. Why they can't take a little time and increase the speed of clerics?

Is good that each class is different from each other but make some one super slow is stupid. Probably i will say that at least 80% of clerics are having trouble with their speed in dungeons, it doesn't matter if u use Speed Pills or genie skills, there is always a time where you become slower and everyone pass over you and left you behind. Like when you crazy barb decides to run like mad crazy directly into mobs/boss and start attacking and 10 seconds later start crying for heal while you are 30sec-1min away from him. Or when your Full Squad decides to attack different mobs and you are not around, because you are left behind.

This are some samples that clerics suffer in this BH times, where they are been called 3-4 times a day.

So please Devs of pwi, make us faster plz.

If they barb/bm or what every runs off and starts to attack mobs while your far away from them then complain about you healing them just to STFU for being stupid and running off and away from the cleric
    [SIGPIC]8x Epic Cleric =P[/SIGPIC]
  • BeingHope - Harshlands
    BeingHope - Harshlands Posts: 5,013 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    b:sweat holy cow..... So it isn't just me....

I always thought I was naturally slow or always lagging somehow without lagging.... T___T Wow.... So clerics naturally just run slow? That explains a ton b:surrender
    [SIGPIC]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad175/beinghope/beinghopesiggie.png[/SIGPIC]
    I forgot!!! Thanks forsaken for the signature b:cute
    b:chuckle I love huge catshops LOL b:laugh
  • Alantor - Dreamweaver
    Alantor - Dreamweaver Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    There is a simple solution for that : Holy Path.

With enough genievit to cast the skill twice i can nearly keep up with any barb in dungeons. 10.2 seconds at maxed speed will pass anyone else.

So where's the problem ? Barbs whining for heals when they run like crazy in front ? Their problem, not mine.
    If they're to selfish to wait for others to "catch up", then they have no right to complain if they die. Simple.
  • Sir_Martin - Lost City
    Sir_Martin - Lost City Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited November 2009

With enough genievit to cast the skill twice i can nearly keep up with any barb in dungeons. 10.2 seconds at maxed speed will pass anyone else.

So where's the problem ? Barbs whining for heals when they run like crazy in front ? Their problem, not mine.
    If they're to selfish to wait for others to "catch up", then they have no right to complain if they die. Simple.

>.> 10.2 sec for holy path? How? Max is 6 seconds *i think, i forget* but ya to get another 1 sec to it u need 100 dex not even the highest possible genie lucky points can do that
    [SIGPIC]8x Epic Cleric =P[/SIGPIC]
  • Slake - Lost City
    Slake - Lost City Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    >.> 10.2 sec for holy path? How? Max is 6 seconds *i think, i forget* but ya to get another 1 sec to it u need 100 dex not even the highest possible genie lucky points can do that

If you cast it TWICE is what he said, 5.1 sec (whatever lvl of the skill that is) x2 = 10.2 sec b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GotTold.com

Sup?
  • alyciana
    alyciana Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Ya, they should make clerics run faster or give us a skill we can use to run faster. We're already the most expensive class to roll, so to run fast we have to use up genie energy (which costs to refill) or buy speed pots. -.-
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    wrong section, try suggestions o.o

inb4lock/move
  • Alantor - Dreamweaver
    Alantor - Dreamweaver Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    If you cast it TWICE is what he said, 5.1 sec (whatever lvl of the skill that is) x2 = 10.2 sec b:chuckle

Indeed, that's only at lvl 7 of HolyPath. And casting twice. b:laugh
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    Sevas - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    b:sweat holy cow..... So it isn't just me....

I always thought I was naturally slow or always lagging somehow without lagging.... T___T Wow.... So clerics naturally just run slow? That explains a ton b:surrender

You know, if you ever pressed C and actually looked at the other **** in that window while you were adding your stat points, on the lower left-hand side you would have noticed your movement speed. Clerics are 4.8m/s if I'm not mistaken, as are Barbs in "human" form and I don't remember a Wizzy's movement speed, 4.8~4.9m/s.

Most of all, I miss Summer Sprint when I switch from my Veno to my Cleric. On top of that I keep looking for the skill to shift so I can get that Demon speed from the shift. b:cry I go from one of the fastest to one of the slowest! It chafes every time!
  • diegof
    diegof Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    If they barb/bm or what every runs off and starts to attack mobs while your far away from them then complain about you healing them just to STFU for being stupid and running off and away from the cleric

actuallly evrytime someone make that, i always complain and say wait for me, if they still doing it, well i let them died and sometimes wait couple of sec before reviving so they can learn. b:laugh
  • diegof
    diegof Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009

I use Holy path, like ur say twice to catch up with the barb, and maybe this is the solution the devs gives to solve the problems of slow clerics, but still cleric base speed is slow, make them a little faster will be great, maybe 5.0 or 5.1 etc, it makes a diference.