ELf wings not using mana anymore?

Thestalos - Lost City
Thestalos - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
edited November 2009 in General Discussion
Has anyone else's beginner elf wings not been consuming mana? Ever since I created my cleric I've noticed my wings never use mana (only lvl 15). It's not a big deal I just find it cool that i can fly for unlimited periods of time w/o getting cs wings or getting to lvl 30.
When life hands you lemons make orange juice,
and then sit back and let everyone else wonder how you did it. b:victory
Post edited by Thestalos - Lost City on

Comments

• Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Cleric's mana regen is quick enough to negate the wing cost.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Thestalos - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    so the blue bar that pops up when you fly doesn't ever go down? because that's how it is for me it's always full.
  • Retias - Sanctuary
    Retias - Sanctuary Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    so the blue bar that pops up when you fly doesn't ever go down? because that's how it is for me it's always full.

Try fighting while flying and youll see that it will go down.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Natural wings' mana cost is 2 MP/sec. Archers regen mana at 1 MP/sec, so have limited flight time. Clerics regen mana faster than 2 MP/sec (not sure how fast) so they can fill up that mana bar while flying (but not as fast as if they were walking.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Vidalaire - Heavens Tear
    Vidalaire - Heavens Tear Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    When you add poits into magic, your mp regen increases. It doens't take much to counteract the mp drain from the white wings. Archers, however, always have the drain unless they can get the mp regen from their gear or they add points into magic which no archer should ever do.
  • Thestalos - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    ah ok ty for clearing that up for me!b:victory
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Clerics base mana regen is equal to that of the natural elven wings mana absorption. The only issue a cleric would have is the wings will drain mana while fighting (easily counterable with a high mag stat and/or guardian seal)

Since you can master the elven wings enough to add +2.0m/s you can actually manage pretty well without ever needing boutique wings.
  • ewingoil
    ewingoil Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I would say yes as Archers still lose mana if they don't get +2 in mag item necklace or rings.It is the same for Archers as it is for Clerics -2mp.DarkSeph is right if you lvl up your flight mastery to 2 you will never need CS shop wings.This includes Archers.
  • Aelebera - Heavens Tear
    Aelebera - Heavens Tear Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    ewingoil wrote: »
    I would say yes as Archers still lose mana if they don't get +2 in mag item necklace or rings.It is the same for Archers as it is for Clerics -2mp.DarkSeph is right if you lvl up your flight mastery to 2 you will never need CS shop wings.This includes Archers.

it does get a bit pricey spirit wise though
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    it does get a bit pricey spirit wise though

Maxing flight mastery takes 3k more spirit total (aka all the spirit used to get it from 1 to 10) than learning level 2 (as in just the spirit to get from level 1 to 2) of any ulti from any class.

In other words, it's REALLY cheap.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    truekossy wrote: »
    Maxing flight mastery takes 3k more spirit total (aka all the spirit used to get it from 1 to 10) than learning level 2 (as in just the spirit to get from level 1 to 2) of any ulti from any class.

In other words, it's REALLY cheap.

yep it's dirt cheap.
    b:chuckle
    2.0 flight speed for only a bit of monies and spirit.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eighttails - Dreamweaver
    Eighttails - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    actually, mp recharge is affected by magic attribute. i once (perhaps foolishly) raised an archer's magic to 20, and he was able to fly indefinitely since his mp recharged just as quickly as the wings used it.
  • ewingoil
    ewingoil Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    actually, mp recharge is affected by magic attribute. i once (perhaps foolishly) raised an archer's magic to 20, and he was able to fly indefinitely since his mp recharged just as quickly as the wings used it.

I did this as well but restated.