Archer on Sanctuary seeking a faction.

Foltern - Sanctuary
Foltern - Sanctuary Posts: 517 Arc User
edited November 2009 in General Discussion
My information has been moved to the proper thread. Additionally My apologies and for double posting.
< Fail

The information has been posted here:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=506212

If possible please lock this thread.

Regards
Post edited by Foltern - Sanctuary on

Comments

• MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    lets move to teh server symposium and mayhaps not double post the same thread? b:chuckle
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    lets move to teh server symposium and mayhaps not double post the same thread? b:chuckle

Oh good. For half a sec I thought I was seeing things. b:surrender
  • Falcioni - Lost City
    Falcioni - Lost City Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited November 2009

u tell him damn right. Ohai
    Big Bad Wolf? mhm i think so b:angry
  • Foltern - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009

Your right and I apologize, I could not locate the function I needed. My fault entirely.

Regards
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    seriously though! why perfect shards + 4 slots in 30s and 40s armor!?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    seriously though! why perfect shards + 4 slots in 30s and 40s armor!?

Only level 40 stuff on her from when I saw her was the armor of barb Shanan. I can't really remember the sharding though but the base equips looked something like http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=01191c3d3a4d5ae0

Was pretty interesting to see. My guess is maxing out the character for their level (was surprised to hear that even the DoTs and knockback were maxed for that level) or something of the sort.

I do remember a topic with someone planning to do that a few months back but can't be bothered to try and look for it.
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    well, earlier, it was zombie warriors, and barbaric warrior rings and the 40s leg wrist LA. all loaded with 4x perfects, it seemed like a huge waste of $. to claim its not a CS splurged archer is a load of donuts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Foltern - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    I will answer and comment on both of these responses and not view this post again to discuss/ "defend" my position or answer any more questions.

A few months ago, the sales were introduced and the game's economy shifted violently. I decided to retire my healer and start a new char to make the game fun again. Besides my healer could only level using BH, CS and WQ. That is not fun. I play for fun and the fun was gone for me. I did not have a faction, I had quest reward gear and refused to do RB. It was not fun anymore.

I started a new char to make the game fun again. Since I and the most fun in the level range 1-70. I decided to play the game to the fullest in this level range. I made a set of rules for playing through and leveling and how I would do it. I submitted that to the community to share what I wanted to do and got a lot of bad feedback and a lot of discouraging things were said to me about it. I said my thoughts and never viewed the post again. It's likely that was me and it was my post. I made it when this char was 2x. It's been months and 40 levels later.

WaffleChan the answer to your question somewhat parallels why higher level players shard their gear or refine their weapon also. Since I grind each level and max ALL of my skills. I spend a long time at each level depending on how many skills are available at the next level.

I have learned that playing through the game in this way allows me to easily farm all mats I need for DQ, Manufacturing skills, My player skills and of course a lot of rep. And of course I can have enough SP to max all my skills at the apropriate level.

Originally I intended to meet each of the rep requirements as well. This would of course take a long long time and I would be able to save a lot of SP. I have decided that farming rep specifically is not worth the reward, Only because you cannot sell or trade the rank gears and sharding gear you cant use on another char is not worth it. I have abandoned that idea.

I have found that having pure dex, A weapon with a +5 refine and whatever max grade shard can be imbued in combination with my Tome yeilds enough offensive power for me to grind mobs for free without any MP usage. Thereby saving me alot of money on charms both HP and Mp since I rarely get hit. Ive decided to wear maxed gear with maxed shards to be as powerful as the developers have allowed me to be without refining to high levels. since my defense is much higher than the average archer even with legendary gear, I use less HP charms, When I get hit I lose less HP my charm does not tick as much. so it's a combination of all those things. To be as strong as the devs let me be using in game gear 50/50 with the shards. If I want I can grind mobs 17 levels higher or lower. I have a video on youtube of this. Unfortunately at the time I was not wearing sharded wristguards.

http://www.youtube.com/4fyXJJf7c1dU

Spending a long long time at each level, sometimes weeks and saving money in game and gold costs. So far it's working great maxing all the skills, EVERY hit is devestating. I'm no longer spamming main skills and using weak ones until cooldowns are no longer in effect. I can now use very powerful skills while the other ones are in cooldown so I can inflict the maximum damage for every hit to mobs and sometimes players. I have been called ignorant, A fail archer and been kicked from squads all from just having quality gear and saying nothing about it. I have a HD video recording of this very thing. Many people say it's a waste, It's pointless etc I'm rich, I'm a fail archer, I have a big head. etc a lot of hateful and cold things, people really attack you as a person and show their real quality over it.

The gear will be used on multiple chars. Archers ( Intend to play another archer) and now an assassin to try that class. In my opinion it was worth the investment and I do not see it as a waste. I need to grind 826,000 SP to level all my level 64 skills.

Vicious Arrow
    Spirit: 118.000 (416.200) Coin: 160.000 (556.100)

Serrated Arrow
    Spirit: 118.000 (383.100) Coin: 160.000 (526.000)

Thunder Shock
    Spirit: 118.000 (403.900) Coin: 160.000 (541.000)

Thunderous Blast
    Spirit: 118.000 (417.700) Coin: 160.000 (554.000)

Knockback Arrow
    Spirit: 118.000 (416.200) Coin: 160.000 (556.100)

Aim Low

Bow Mastery

SP 826,000

Coin 1,120,000

That's going to take a long time. Even with BH and CS. I feel like I spend the same ratio of time at my levels as someone might spend on their higher ones. for me I see it as completely worth it, It has saved me in game money. Out of game money and made the game a lot more fun than my healer could ever be. I can do massive damage in parties and solo play is fun and rewarding too.

Also only grade 9 supports perfect shards. A level 63 archer can only be wearing Genie Shins and Bracers of BloodMoon. The rest can only utilize Immaculates or below which are in my gear and such. My cape is grade 6 and it has 4 Beautifuls. It's outdated for evasion however it provides 2 Dexterity and I prefer to use the cape until I can equip my legendary one.

Regards.