new classes overrated?

Options
riddiculus
riddiculus Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2009 in General Discussion
well based on what we have so far... do you think the new classes are overated?
the skills shown are not fully defined yet and they each have their own unique purpose in my opinion... eg.. assasin i think are 1 on 1 killer class.... psychic are like spellbreakers/support class...

much like bms are stunners and barbs as tankers and clerics as healers etc

i c ppl in forum rerolling high lvl classes when expansion is gnna come out...
is it worth it to drop a high lvl character n try out the new ones? tell me wat u think
Post edited by riddiculus on

Comments

• Zand_pyrite - Sanctuary
    Zand_pyrite - Sanctuary Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    There's not really enough information to go on to say if the classes are overrated or not. They've been doing a good job keeping anything about the new race under-wraps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Maybe people want to try a new class because the play style is what they want
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Ceshiari - Sanctuary
    Ceshiari - Sanctuary Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    you know, a high level character isnt, like, a real person.....your not committing murder if you ditch them.

people do what they want, its a game, and we all want to try the new content. *shrugs* If it ever comes out...............................
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • riddiculus
    edited November 2009
    Options
    you know, a high level character isnt, like, a real person.....your not committing murder if you ditch them.

people do what they want, its a game, and we all want to try the new content. *shrugs* If it ever comes out...............................

your not committing murder... wat u commit is a hell lot of time and maybe money too in playing a high lvl character....
  • Raydoit - Sanctuary
    Raydoit - Sanctuary Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Well what I think is that it would be awesome to sell all my **** and start over as a rich new class and will get to try to be one of the best assassins on the server. I could just start over as a old class but I would never get anywhere. The appeal of the new class is that there are no high levels of these classes and theres a 2nd chance for people to aim for the top once again after getting pwned by others of their original class.

In my case I lost the internet for 3 months then came back and gamma/delta my way back up to the top then the anni packs came and i knew I couldnt afford to stay on the top and been stuck at 93 ever since. Then word of the expansion comes and Now I have to wait for my 2nd chance at glory and hopefully the TW map won't be so horrid when I get High enough to be competitive in TWs. b:cool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

See its black and white now. It means I quit! How poetic and stuff.
  • Morganna - Lost City
    Morganna - Lost City Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I'm curious to see where their individual place in a party is and what new things they bring to the table for Zhen/Rebirth/FB/HH.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Your multi-tasking, Stephanie, is EPIC." --Aadi
    --DISCLAIMER--"the precceding post is only the opinion of Morganna and is not placing blame or accusation on anyone or anything" THANK YOU Xeian <3
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    like others have said.. not enough information yet.

However the psychic sounds like a class that would be more of my style. So i'm going to try it for sure. If i like it.. i can use my veno to solo its BH quests everyday with my two computers. ^^
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • Devilmaycare - Harshlands
    Devilmaycare - Harshlands Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Guess we wont know till we get a chance to try them..... and who says you have to abandon your current chars???? It's not like we're limited to one char.
  • Briegg - Sanctuary
    Briegg - Sanctuary Posts: 584 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Considering they're not even out yet you can't really say they're overrated

i'm gonna make a psychic when they come out but just for fun
    not because i think they're gonna be an op class
  • MissEbil - Heavens Tear
    MissEbil - Heavens Tear Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    New classes are just that, new! Fresh!
    Besides, not many people will be throwing away a higher char to roll a Tideborn. I for one will keep all of my chars and just make Tideborn chars to see what they're like. I have spare spaces ready and waiting.

All we need now is a date and official class info.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proud member of the VenoMafia.

b:flower Read my FanFic! b:flower
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=334222
  • hemoglobin
    hemoglobin Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    why do they have to get rid of their high lvl character? cant they keep both the psychic and their main?
  • Bijorin - Dreamweaver
    Bijorin - Dreamweaver Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    ^ that's what I'm doing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lypiphera - Heavens Tear
    Lypiphera - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Well what I think is that it would be awesome to sell all my **** and start over as a rich new class and will get to try to be one of the best assassins on the server. I could just start over as a old class but I would never get anywhere. The appeal of the new class is that there are no high levels of these classes and theres a 2nd chance for people to aim for the top once again after getting pwned by others of their original class.

In my case I lost the internet for 3 months then came back and gamma/delta my way back up to the top then the anni packs came and i knew I couldnt afford to stay on the top and been stuck at 93 ever since. Then word of the expansion comes and Now I have to wait for my 2nd chance at glory and hopefully the TW map won't be so horrid when I get High enough to be competitive in TWs. b:cool

I shall ruin your fun and top the charts! rawr!

Preparation for Psychic completed:
    20,000+ tokens
    full tt80 gold armor mats
    full tt90 armor mats
    several possible variations of tt 90 weapon mats
    frostland weapon
    wing trophy
    fancy feathers (in hopes that will have a new class mount added)
    150 scarlet fruit
    rep items
    2 -6 channeling rings
    oooh, I need to go dragon orb collecting...
    New classes are just that, new! Fresh!
    Besides, not many people will be throwing away a higher char to roll a Tideborn. I for one will keep all of my chars and just make Tideborn chars to see what they're like. I have spare spaces ready and waiting.

All we need now is a date and official class info.

Exactly, who needs to throw one away to make another, variety is the spice of life. Little taste here, lotta taste there, little taste here, and that's how we make the sexy time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Another wall of text completed.
  • Raydoit - Sanctuary
    Raydoit - Sanctuary Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

20,000+ tokens
    full tt90 armor mats
    frostland weapon
    wing trophy
    150 scarlet fruit
    rep items
    2 -6 channeling rings

You are insane xD

I have....Black superstar set, A nightfall, and 10m >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

See its black and white now. It means I quit! How poetic and stuff.
  • Enzio - Heavens Tear
    Enzio - Heavens Tear Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I play 2 characters already, what's a third? Plus Assassin is my area, I like my quick kills, but most likely will have a long cool down time to use each attack
    Why is the Rum gone? TELL ME NOW OR I WILL EAT YOUb:angry
  • Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear
    Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    20,000+ tokens

Preparation to spoil the fun completed:

20,000 Arrows
    Camps 90+ Archer at Spider king spawn

b:victory

j/k btw, but Im sure someone will do it
  • Sakiara - Harshlands
    Sakiara - Harshlands Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I'll definately gonna play one of the new classes,
    not sure wether it will be Assassine or Psychic tho...can't wait for them to come out as I got pretty bored with my Barb over the last weeks.
    But I won't (fully) reroll...well I'll just keep doing with my 9x Barb what I do now...and that's pretty much only doing TW's atm. b:surrender
  • ohmagawdz
    ohmagawdz Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

20,000+ tokens
    full tt90 armor mats
    frostland weapon
    wing trophy
    150 scarlet fruit
    rep items
    2 -6 channeling rings

Exactly, who needs to throw one away to make another, variety is the spice of life. Little taste here, lotta taste there, little taste here, and that's how we make the sexy time.

How did you manage to pay your bills?
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    ohmagawdz wrote: »
    How did you manage to pay your bills?

b:laugh You got a few options for that question.

1. She is pro
    2. She gots time
    3. She is pro
    4. She gots teh moolah and you dont b:chuckle
    5. b:bye She started collecting way before you.

Whichever one helps you sleep is good I like a couple of the options myself. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ohmagawdz
    edited November 2009
    Options
    b:laugh You got a few options for that question.

1. She is pro
    2. She gots time
    3. She is pro
    4. She gots teh moolah and you dont b:chuckle
    5. b:bye She started collecting way before you.

Whichever one helps you sleep is good I like a couple of the options myself.

I like option 6. She has no life b:cute
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I like option 6. She has no life b:cute

1) I make a high 5 figure income (after taxes).

2) I use less than 1/2 of that income to live on.

3) This means I have plenty of cash to spare.

So taking that information, would you say "I have no life" because I might chose to spend a little of my remaining income on a game?

If you do, I question your right to tell me what to do with my free time, and my money.

~Saitada
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Well put Saitada

*shoots ohmagawdz*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • riddiculus
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Lol okay okay... not enuff info.. keepin main char blablabla i noe i noe.. just want to know wat u ppl think... geez >.>

@Lyp and Ray... wow crazy xD..especially u lyp... but both of u are on diff server so both of u can simultaneously top the chart!

but preparin for tt mats?... how dyu noe wat mat is needed?... they mite hav a totally diff mat requirement or new mat might b added?
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Well if they do add more mats just more farming but we pretty much got the basics down for the equips unless they add new armors they mats are going to stay the same the mats for the weapons will be similar so at least half of the mats collected will suffice. Lypiphera's tokens will take care of any mats she needs as well as anything else so no worries there.

For those of us less blessed its not hard to find some time to collect 60 mats and 70 mats hell even 80 mats are easy. I myself still have some equips I used and have obtained from um friends that will easily make a new character happy.

Saving some extra here and there isn't a problem for anyone. And yah like they said not like everyone is quiting their characters its just fun to try out new things and be part of a event type thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ohmagawdz
    edited November 2009
    Options
    1) I make a high 5 figure income (after taxes).

2) I use less than 1/2 of that income to live on.

3) This means I have plenty of cash to spare.

So taking that information, would you say "I have no life" because I might chose to spend a little of my remaining income on a game?

If you do, I question your right to tell me what to do with my free time, and my money.

~Saitada

There is more to life than playing games. Grow up, you earn that much money and choose to spend half your money on a game? LOL.. You have issues... Go outside once in a while. I don't think you would survive 1 minute in a social environment (unless of course they're all nerds such as yourself).

When you quit PW, you'll regret putting all the money in there or wasting so much time on the game. Congrats for wasting your miserable life on a stupid game.

Inb4ban. b:bye
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Preparation to spoil the fun completed:

20,000 Arrows
    Camps 90+ Archer at Spider king spawn

b:victory

j/k btw, but Im sure someone will do it

lols! poor tideborns. xD
    There is more to life than playing games. Grow up, you earn that much money and choose to spend half your money on a game? LOL.. You have issues... Go outside once in a while. I don't think you would survive 1 minute in a social environment (unless of course they're all nerds such as yourself).

When you quit PW, you'll regret putting all the money in there or wasting so much time on the game. Congrats for wasting your miserable life on a stupid game.

huh. me sense there be something seriously wrong with your brain.
    xD
    Saitada has a job and only spends a fraction of income on games.
    that sort of kills your entire argument right there.
    also ever hear of video games? ZMOG THATS RIGHT YOU HAVE TO BUY A CONSOLE AND PAY FOR GAMES IF YOU WANT TO PLAY. shocking isn't it. (O.O)
    you don't really see people QQing that their N64 was a waste of money. b:chuckle

also dang me wondering, is there something wrong with your social life? **** hurt much?
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ohmagawdz
    edited November 2009
    Options
    xD
    also ever hear of video games? ZMOG THATS RIGHT YOU HAVE TO BUY A CONSOLE AND PAY FOR GAMES IF YOU WANT TO PLAY. shocking isn't it. (O.O)
    you don't really see people QQing that their N64 was a waste of money. b:chuckle

also dang me wondering, is there something wrong with your social life? **** hurt much?

Nope, nothing wrong with my social life, it couldn't be better actually. Why? because I actually go out (I feel sorry for you, living in your mum's basement). Grow up kid, more to life than games.

b:bye ok i'm out, going out with friends (that's right 'friends'. Don't know that they are? I feel sorry for you).
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    lols! poor tideborns. xD

xD

First prove that he has one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Nope, nothing wrong with my social life, it couldn't be better actually. Why? because I actually go out (I feel sorry for you, living in your mum's basement). Grow up kid, more to life than games.

b:bye ok i'm out, going out with friends (that's right 'friends'. Don't know that they are? I feel sorry for you).

sowwys imaginary friends don't count. (lols me pulled a ohmagawdz)
    And I really believe that there is something wrong with you. Either socially or mentally (or both?) as you you somehow come to the incorrect conclusion I live in my mom's basement and assume I have no life and assume that I am not already aware there is more to life then games. Wrong on all 3 counts. Sowwy I live in an apartment near a college, although don't have as many friends as others I have truly loyal friends I have met from years ago, and basically study full time.

Already you have proven your ignorance by assuming Saitada has no life when Saitada has a job that pays about 1/2 of 5 figures in spending money. (which is probably more than you can say).

Now QQ less. Don't be sad. b:chuckle
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

You fail at reading comprehension. Where did I say I spend half my money on a game? I said I have more than 1/2 my income available to me to spend as I please. If I chose to spend some of it on a game, who are you to tell me I can't? or shouldn't? Did you earn it? No? Gee, tell me who earned my income? Oh right, I DID.

This means I can spend it any way I want to. If that means I go out and buy a new car (which I did, gotta love the smell of new leather) I can do that. If that means I go out and buy a new boat to go fishing with (yup, did that as well) I can do that. If that means I go off and spend a couple hundred dollars on a game which basically amounts to the change I have in my wallet at any one time... Guess what... I can do that as well.

So I ask you who are you to tell me how to spend MY hard earned money as I see fit?

Who are you to tell me what to do with MY free time?

Yeah that is what I thought. Your nobody.

~Saitada