Dueling titles

Options
Morganna - Lost City
Morganna - Lost City Posts: 250 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Suggestion Box
Aadi kicked me around a bit so... Here goes.

In another thread, there was an idea posted by myself that Aadi referred to as 'bragging rights' in relation to dueling. Basically, if you do certain things over and over in duels (buff while in a duel, heal while in a duel, win or lose duels, that sort of thing) you get a title that gives you a one-time stat increase for as long as you have that title. Something like [Defender] next to your name. I've seen this in other games, and I think it would make things more interesting. Opinions?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Your multi-tasking, Stephanie, is EPIC." --Aadi
--DISCLAIMER--"the precceding post is only the opinion of Morganna and is not placing blame or accusation on anyone or anything" THANK YOU Xeian <3
Post edited by Morganna - Lost City on

Comments

• Accelerated - Sanctuary
    Accelerated - Sanctuary Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Aadi kicked me around a bit so... Here goes.

In another thread, there was an idea posted by myself that Aadi referred to as 'bragging rights' in relation to dueling. Basically, if you do certain things over and over in duels (buff while in a duel, heal while in a duel, win or lose duels, that sort of thing) you get a title that gives you a one-time stat increase for as long as you have that title. Something like [Defender] next to your name. I've seen this in other games, and I think it would make things more interesting. Opinions?

Abusive before TW's/DT/etc events and instance runs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ♥ - 藤林 杏-様 - ♥
    ♥ Kyou Fujibayashi-sama ♥
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I think it should be implemented, but without the stat increases. b:surrender I thought of it more like bragging rights and not like an actual tangible gift. Did it actually give you anything on the other game...? I could see some titles like:

[Strong]: Win more than 50 duels with players within 10 levels of you.
    [Stronger]: Win more than 100 duels with players within 10 levels of you.
    [Strongest]: Win more than 500 duels with players within 10 levels of you.
    [Underdog]: More than 5 levels below 5 different characters and win in a duel.
    [Lucky]: Crit more than 5 times in one duel
    [Bully]: Win more than 5 duels against different characters more than 5 levels below you.

Etc..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Morganna - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Abusive before TW's/DT/etc events and instance runs.

I mean that you can actually have it for as long as you have that title. Each class would need something different. BMs might need atk, clerics might need def, venos might need casting. The way I imagine it, it would bee too diverse to really make too much of a difference in TW/DT/etc
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    --DISCLAIMER--"the precceding post is only the opinion of Morganna and is not placing blame or accusation on anyone or anything" THANK YOU Xeian <3
  • Accelerated - Sanctuary
    Accelerated - Sanctuary Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I mean that you can actually have it for as long as you have that title. Each class would need something different. BMs might need atk, clerics might need def, venos might need casting. The way I imagine it, it would bee too diverse to really make too much of a difference in TW/DT/etc

And I mean that before you start TW, each person can pair up with their partner, win/lose the duel. The losers partner up with other losers, etc, until there is one loser left. When the TW starts, 99% of the faction members participating in the TW has a 'stat' buff. The faction that was smart enough to realize this abusive bug, comes out as being the OP side. Bragging rights sounds okay to me, though. Any kind of additional effects affecting your stats in any way should be taken out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ♥ - 藤林 杏-様 - ♥
    ♥ Kyou Fujibayashi-sama ♥
  • bolloiskrem
    bolloiskrem Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    People would duel eachother multiple times, one losing, one winning.
  • Morganna - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    And I mean that before you start TW, each person can pair up with their partner, win/lose the duel. The losers partner up with other losers, etc, until there is one loser left. When the TW starts, 99% of the faction members participating in the TW has a 'stat' buff. The faction that was smart enough to realize this abusive bug, comes out as being the OP side. Bragging rights sounds okay to me, though. Any kind of additional effects affecting your stats in any way should be taken out.

The way I saw it... I guess I'm not terribly clear. Easy enough to where anyone can have it. Like genies. Lasts for as long as you want or until your dueling pattern changes, so there would be no real way to be OP, since everyone would know about it and be using it. They'd even likely have it long before they TW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]