Solo TT run squad mode?

Arverna - Sanctuary
Arverna - Sanctuary Posts: 26 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Venomancer
Tried some solo run in solo mode some time ago but drop were really bad: did not even pay for Substance lol...

Now ready to face more challenge I wanted to try squad mode as drops are much better: just leveled so can die a few times b:laugh

Can't enter tho as squad team needs minimum 4 persons in squad...

So how do you do it?
Invite people in team just to get that door open and them drop team again to make that solo run?
Will that still be ok after u drop team or need to stay in party of 4 all the way?

Other question: how do you reset TT after you did that run?
Post edited by Arverna - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Yes, you need to bring three people in with you, at least as far as that pillar. They can leave right after you open it, if they want to.

To reset an instance, you can either wait a while, or join a new squad. As long as someone else is the leader you will get *their* instance - which should be a new one - you can then transfer lead to you, they can leave, and it stays refreshed.

This works with all instances, not just TT.
  • Arverna - Sanctuary
    Arverna - Sanctuary Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Aye i went through 5-6 pages on search mode and found answer as you said :)

Nasty for me as I play in different hours than most people hehe..

But I do have another question b:kiss

I ran TT1-1 single before as mentioned and i got **** drop, so today waiting for answers i ran TT1-2 single as well :)

Better drops, got armur shard from Chin and friend who joined after got drum from drummy... was then hoping to go on more bosses... 1-2 area closed (pillar says need squad mode)....
    Single 1-1, 1-2 and 1-3 only Chintien and drummer?

Broken thingy of gold armur only drop in TT1-2 as far as I know, but soloing TT1-2 single doesnt open it?

Cant even hope to have fun further ahead in that dungeon in single mode?
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Yes, solo mode has fewer bosses. And yes, that means you have to do squad mode for some of the drops. And for a third yes, later TTs do indeed seem to have better drop rates than the early ones.
  • rinuruc
    rinuruc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    soloing squadmode tt 1-1,...
    what pet level do you think the magmite should be??? (assuming to make money in there, to be able to buy a herc,... i know with herc u can solo everything, while ur asleap,... just waking up every eight hours to heal it a bit,... but before that comez,... i thought tt 1-1 would be best to farm? but what level magmite do u need to be able to beat drummers aoe?)
  • AuroraXT - Sanctuary
    AuroraXT - Sanctuary Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    You need 3 people (friends, and who know what you are doing) to come with you. You must be leader. Select mode, open the door and then ask everyone to leave; you'll be the only one left with no timer.

Soloing 1-1 squad is not that good either; yesterday I helped a friend do a quest in there and we got 1 green mat from 4 bosses and maybe 3-4 mirages. Just not worth the time.

To reset TT you must squad with someone you have not squad before with, or make someone else (who was not leader of previous TT squad) invite you before you enter.

I'm afriad it doesn't get good until 1-2, but even then you must be 85+, charmed with a herc and good gear (LA armour) to be able to take on all the bosses.
  • rinuruc
    rinuruc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    You need 3 people (friends, and who know what you are doing) to come with you. You must be leader. Select mode, open the door and then ask everyone to leave; you'll be the only one left with no timer.

Soloing 1-1 squad is not that good either; yesterday I helped a friend do a quest in there and we got 1 green mat from 4 bosses and maybe 3-4 mirages. Just not worth the time.

To reset TT you must squad with someone you have not squad before with, or make someone else (who was not leader of previous TT squad) invite you before you enter.

I'm afriad it doesn't get good until 1-2, but even then you must be 85+, charmed with a herc and good gear (LA armour) to be able to take on all the bosses.

so basically everyone says venos are rich while thats only true for those level 85plus ???
    coz before that u cant farm anything well enough to be able to afford that herc?

and where would u recommend a level 70ish veno to farm?
  • AuroraXT - Sanctuary
    AuroraXT - Sanctuary Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    rinuruc wrote: »
    so basically everyone says venos are rich while thats only true for those level 85plus ???
    coz before that u cant farm anything well enough to be able to afford that herc?

and where would u recommend a level 70ish veno to farm?

Well before the gold prices went up, herc was not that hard to get. The "rich venos" tagline comes from before gold was 450k and every veno had a herc. Nowadays many old venos have quit, new venos are here and they can't afford the silly expensive legendary pets.

You can solo squad 1-2 at level 75+ with a herc (you will probably have to be arcane to have the best pet heal - vipenalt can 2 shot a herc pretty quick), but you will have to skip 2 bosses; soulbanisher and drum. To take the enitre thing you need to be lvl85+ with good gear.

I don't know where a non-herc lvl 70 veno can farm, because I got my herc in my late lvl60's and went on to do solo squad 1-2s soon after that.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Fragrant Hills is pretty good (Aurum Specters and Huggy Hares) with lots of mats that can be farmed while grinding.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    To reset, each player has an associated instance. You need to overwrite yours. There are two quick ways

A. Have someone invite you and transfer lead to you. This gives their associated instance to you, and makes your old instance disappear permanently. If you left something in there, it's gone for good.

B. Invite someone else, transfer lead to them, then quit the group. This passes ownership of the instance to the other person, and you get a new one when you quit. If you left something in there, you have the regular timeout time (15 min I think?) to get back in their squad and go get it.
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    1-3 is a pain in the **** for herc tank. Did it yesterday, was me (85 veno) along with a 7x LA veno helping me heal for drum/soul. We made it though.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Aniella - Harshlands
    Aniella - Harshlands Posts: 729 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    i don't solo tt in squad mode only solo mode.xD i and sis did tt60 and 70..i will try tt80 when i get new tank pet..xD kolwin is not good to tank with..hehe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

QQ If i did Crazy stone at 3x AND not 6x, i had been lvl 105 now!
    Didnt know about Bh/CrazyStone before lvl 6x LOL
  • Magicsaber - Dreamweaver
    Magicsaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Yes, you need to bring three people in with you, at least as far as that pillar. They can leave right after you open it, if they want to.

To reset an instance, you can either wait a while, or join a new squad. As long as someone else is the leader you will get *their* instance - which should be a new one - you can then transfer lead to you, they can leave, and it stays refreshed.

This works with all instances, not just TT.

I have one small question.
    For which aim is squad of two people, one of them of about 50 level, second near 100 ? What instance it can reset ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    I have one small question.
    For which aim is squad of two people, one of them of about 50 level, second near 100 ? What instance it can reset ?

Um? What?

Right. From the top:
    You've got an instance that you wish to reset. "SomeFool" is the leader of your squad.
    Desquad. Get everyone kicked back to town.
    Someone OTHER than "SomeFool" starts the new squad.
    The new leader enters the instance before "SomeFool". Boom - it is reset.
    You can now switch leader if you like. "SomeFool" is back in charge!

Now the second part - opening TT squad mode.

The leader of the squad has to meet the minimum level (60, 68, 74, etc. depending on mode)
    There must be at least four people in your squad.
    Everyone in your squad must be at the mode selection pillar.

Once the doors to the instance are open then everyone else can leave the squad, letting you run it solo, or with 2 or 3 people, as you prefer.

(You can also, usefully, open the mode with only 4 people and then have the rest of your squad join up when they arrive - which saves waiting for people to fly in from the other side of the map)

So.
    If you have only two people - then you cannot open squad mode at all.
    but if you get a couple of guildmates to make even level 1 alts then the four of you can open any mode at all (level 100 will do that)

The two of you can RESET the mode - assuming the 100 ran the previous instance, then making the 50 the leader, having them enter - will reset it just fine. But with only two of you then you will not be able to open squad mode.
    edited November 2009
    Um? What?

Right. From the top:
    You've got an instance that you wish to reset. "SomeFool" is the leader of your squad.
    Desquad. Get everyone kicked back to town.
    Someone OTHER than "SomeFool" starts the new squad.
    The new leader enters the instance before "SomeFool". Boom - it is reset.
    You can now switch leader if you like. "SomeFool" is back in charge!

Now the second part - opening TT squad mode.

The leader of the squad has to meet the minimum level (60, 68, 74, etc. depending on mode)
    There must be at least four people in your squad.
    Everyone in your squad must be at the mode selection pillar.

Once the doors to the instance are open then everyone else can leave the squad, letting you run it solo, or with 2 or 3 people, as you prefer.

(You can also, usefully, open the mode with only 4 people and then have the rest of your squad join up when they arrive - which saves waiting for people to fly in from the other side of the map)

So.
    If you have only two people - then you cannot open squad mode at all.
    but if you get a couple of guildmates to make even level 1 alts then the four of you can open any mode at all (level 100 will do that)

The two of you can RESET the mode - assuming the 100 ran the previous instance, then making the 50 the leader, having them enter - will reset it just fine. But with only two of you then you will not be able to open squad mode.

I refused to be leader of above squad even being paid for.

This is a little suspicious for me. I think, that it can be some bug exploiting, like try to enter into low level instance by high level character.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    I refused to be leader of above squad even being paid for.

This is a little suspicious for me. I think, that it can be some bug exploiting, like try to enter into low level instance by high level character.

Um, nope. It's just an easier way to reset the instance than to log out and log back in.

the level restriction on TT is only that *one* person (the leader) needs to be that level - it's pretty common to run TT11 with a squad of mostly high 50s (because they want to get the items they need for their TT60 weapon before they hit level 60)

Admittedly, a level100 taking three level 1s through would be kinda silly.

Now, if you want to get into possible exploit territory - the leader can leave the squad after it's opened. I've seen that used to get mid 60s into a higher TT than they ought to be able to. Using it to get a squad of six level 1s into a TT would be funny (though pointless)

Anyhow - yes, it is not usual for a high level to recruit a trio of lower levels to let them open the instance. Most will be happy for those lower levels to come and explore the place with them.

I'm kinda surprised you've not met the need to reset an instance before now. The same thing happens when you run an FB for guildmates.
    edited November 2009
    I'm kinda surprised you've not met the need to reset an instance before now. The same thing happens when you run an FB for guildmates.
    I play solo.

P.S.
    It is not problem for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    I play solo.

Oh, well, there's your problem then. you want a Massively Solo Online Game. They're next door :)
  • CrimsonAkuMa - Heavens Tear
    CrimsonAkuMa - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Well I have a question about soloing TT aswell, but I didn't want to make a new thread just for that XD
    Sooo o-o when can I /veno with herc/ start soloing TT 2-1 and 1-3? x.x
    I'm pretty sure I can tank almost all of the bosses in 2-1 /except wurlord and maybe that damn aoe horsey =.=/ but the thing is that I need the drops from the stupid horse b:angry So when do you think I can suvive it's aoe? b:surrender