Gold Seller

bolloiskrem
bolloiskrem Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Suggestion Box
Hmmmm... well. GOLD PRICE IS TOO HIGH RIGHT NOW!!!! Now that that is said, what can we do to prevent this from happening?
I have two possible solutions:
1) Make a NPC that sells gold for 300k or so. If there is one, gold price will never rise above that. People wouldnt even buy from there much because people would lower their price in Auction House to be able to sell it.
2) Eat all the people buying gold for over 300k.
If anyone has any better ideas, post them here and I may add them to the list ;D. Also please dont flame me.b:victory
Post edited by bolloiskrem on

Comments

• BeastBuff - Harshlands
    BeastBuff - Harshlands Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    PWI wants coin->gold prices as high as possible because it increases their sales. more people buy to sell for coin and more people buy to use themselves because they cant afford gold with coin. high gold prices=win for PWI bottom line so you will never see anything like this ever happen.
  • bolloiskrem
    edited November 2009
    I've seen 20+ high level long time players quit recently. They don't like the gold price, (Stupid Anniversary Packs) so they quit because everything costs too much.
  • bolloiskrem
    edited November 2009
    If they want the gold price up, then only people that buy gold will ever play the game. If the gold price is up, then they should also raise all the other prices like drops, quest rewards, ect.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Gold sells at fair price.

In order for someone to be able to sell gold, the buyer has to agree to the price. If gold is selling for 500k that is because the gold buyers agree to the price. There is nothing wrong with this.

If you do not like the exchange rate, you are free to charge some zen.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Tamuz - Lost City
    Tamuz - Lost City Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    i remember posting something like this on my old acount saying " oh they should make a npc that sells all gold items for like 2 days a month , 1 gold = 300k and items cant be untradeable " and i remember som1 responding " if it doesnt make perfect world money they wont do it " i sadly agree
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    i remember posting something like this on my old acount saying " oh they should make a npc that sells all gold items for like 2 days a month , 1 gold = 300k and items cant be untradeable " and i remember som1 responding " if it doesnt make perfect world money they wont do it " i sadly agree

You mean PW is not a charity?

Why would they do anything that will not make them money, and in-fact it will cost them money?

Do you walk around town throwing your money in the air for other people to pick it up?
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • bolloiskrem
    edited November 2009
    You all are against me. Please let this post die lol.
  • Angel__sora - Sanctuary
    Angel__sora - Sanctuary Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Gold sells at fair price.

In order for someone to be able to sell gold, the buyer has to agree to the price. If gold is selling for 500k that is because the gold buyers agree to the price. There is nothing wrong with this.

If you do not like the exchange rate, you are free to charge some zen.

^This^

People are just too stupid to realize that the price will come down eventually if everyone stops accepting 500k as a good price. If people still buy it at 500k, there's absolutely no reason to drop the prices. Sorry, but you all dug your own graves. Like Ice suggested, I charge my own zen when, and if, I need it.
    One man's pain is another man's lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Taranta - Dreamweaver
    Taranta - Dreamweaver Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I sense a troll....

Logically, gold prices will be as high as people are willing to pay, as there are no controls on this market. Since we're working with a truely free market economy, only the buyers and sellers determine what the price will be. Those who sell wish to maximise profits, and those who buy want the best possible deal without buying gold from PWI themselves. It's a balance, and although many people dislike the current situation, it would have happened eventually. The release of cash shop items and frequent sales just made it happen far sooner than expected.
    I shall dominate the Dreamweaver server through the use of Baked goods...and only baked goods.^^[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Venomancers are Female. Barbarians are male. It will forever be this way. So suck it up and deal with it already.
  • Tamuz - Lost City
    Tamuz - Lost City Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    You all are against me. Please let this post die lol.

we not against we are just saying this will never happen b:surrender and people probably do want it to b:sad
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    PWE could care less if high levels quit. As long as they have newcomers and other high levels spending thousands of dollars on anniversary packs and gold, they're happy. No point to satisfy a few "high levels" when they dont bring in the big bucks.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • rhapsodus
    rhapsodus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    unfortunately, a purely free-market system never tends to work too well. we all have to cope with this until the anniversary packs are out i suppose. if ever.