Decomposing Noob

Krista - Dreamweaver
Krista - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
edited November 2009 in General Discussion
it's a level 1 weapon and I only want to make yijuan stones but I don't know what to do.

1. how do I fill in the blank box for decomposing to.
2.my skill level is 1 the weapon is one, the durablity is full/repaird and the yijuan stone is i assume level one also. What am I missing?

note: the decompose to box is blank don't know how to fill it . I tried to drage a yijuan stone to it but that didn't work, something is missing? please help me!

sorry if this is a stupid question. so please keep the bashing comments to a minimum.
Post edited by Krista - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Falcondance - Heavens Tear
    Falcondance - Heavens Tear Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    You need Blacksmith 2, I think. Also, you don't fill the Decompose To box. In addition, make sure the weapon is fully repaired.

Hope I helped. =D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I always thought I'd be the only one doing crazy things for people who would never care enough to do it back or to act like idiots or be entirely vulnerable, and making someone fall in love with you is easy, and flying 3000 miles on four days notice because you can't just sit there and do nothing and breathe into telephones is not everyone's idea of love, but it is the way I can recognize it because that is what I do."
    Sig pic by Nowitsawn
  • Lisliren - Sanctuary
    Lisliren - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    In addition, make sure the weapon is fully repaired.

Hmm. I didn't think of that. That might explain the problems I was having decomposing several items. (I've been able to decompose recently crafted items okay.)
    edited November 2009
    Yeah. :P I've had those "doh" moments several times trying everything just to decompose the dang boots. xP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I always thought I'd be the only one doing crazy things for people who would never care enough to do it back or to act like idiots or be entirely vulnerable, and making someone fall in love with you is easy, and flying 3000 miles on four days notice because you can't just sit there and do nothing and breathe into telephones is not everyone's idea of love, but it is the way I can recognize it because that is what I do."
    Sig pic by Nowitsawn
  • Gahmd - Sanctuary
    Gahmd - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Level 1 gear don't decompose. Only level 2 or higher will get you stones. Level 2 gear can be decomposed with craft level 1
    edited November 2009
    Level 1 gear don't decompose. Only level 2 or higher will get you stones. Level 2 gear can be decomposed with craft level 1

Come to think of it, I don't even think I've seen a piece of level 1 gear. o.o But I've never not gotten stones from decomposing something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig pic by Nowitsawn
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Steps to proper decomposing:

1: First and foremost, make sure your weapon/armor is repaired. While you CAN decompose most items without repairing them, you'll miss out on chi stones/mirages by doing so (amount lost is based on percentage repaired so an item at 15/30 endurance gives half as many chi stones as if it were at 30/30)

2: With that done, make sure you have the proper skill level to be able to craft that weapon in the first place (IE: Grade 1 and 2 weapons require blacksmith 1. 3 and 4 require blacksmith 2, 5 and 6 need 3, etc)

3: Make sure you're at the appropriate NPC for decomposing. Tailors can only decompose armors, capes, ad helmets. Blacksmiths can only decompose weapons. Craftsmen can only decompose ornaments. Trying to decompose a weapon at a tailor, for example, won't work.

4: There are some items that CANNOT be decomposed. You remember all that fancy gear you got at level 1 that you could equip immediately? Those can't be decomposed. Same with those Grade 0 equips that pretty much anyone can use.
  • Lisliren - Sanctuary
    Lisliren - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Thanks, truekossy. Still, my general rule of thumb so far is:
    - If I can craft it, I can decompose it.
    - Otherwise, I probably can't decompose it.

I don't seem to have much use for crafting weapons, jewelry and armor so far besides boosting my crafting skill and decomposing the results to feed my genie. But feeding my genie seems to be a good thing to do.
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    truekossy wrote: »
    1: First and foremost, make sure your weapon/armor is repaired. While you CAN decompose most items without repairing them, you'll miss out on chi stones/mirages by doing so (amount lost is based on percentage repaired so an item at 15/30 endurance gives half as many chi stones as if it were at 30/30)

2: With that done, make sure you have the proper skill level to be able to craft that weapon in the first place (IE: Grade 1 and 2 weapons require blacksmith 1. 3 and 4 require blacksmith 2, 5 and 6 need 3, etc)

3: Make sure you're at the appropriate NPC for decomposing. Tailors can only decompose armors, capes, ad helmets. Blacksmiths can only decompose weapons. Craftsmen can only decompose ornaments. Trying to decompose a weapon at a tailor, for example, won't work.

4: There are some items that CANNOT be decomposed. You remember all that fancy gear you got at level 1 that you could equip immediately? Those can't be decomposed. Same with those Grade 0 equips that pretty much anyone can use.

This. I'd like to add, there's a few glitched items that won't decompose for some odd reason.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Krista - Dreamweaver
    Krista - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    thanks alot for your helpfull replies for the rest who didn't even help at all go away and quit trolling the forum.
  • Disappear - Lost City
    Disappear - Lost City Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I thought this thread was about a low levelled player decomposing :(