Farming Idea

Flixix - Dreamweaver
Flixix - Dreamweaver Posts: 152 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Suggestion Box
Hey I am a partially avid farmer and I after a group discussion with people we came up with two ideas that we would LOVE to be made available if possible. Keep in mind we would pay zen for these.

Idea 1:

Make available a pick-axe that reduces the time on farming herbs. This could be a perm item if possible or otherwise something that would last week (please!!!).

Idea 2:

A scroll like the eso scrolls that would allow people to farm with say 50% more chance of finding herbs or 50% less time in farming herbs.

Please be polite about my ideas and thank you.

G

EDIT:

Another idea would be to make herbs appear on our mini maps.
Post edited by Flixix - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• bolloiskrem
    bolloiskrem Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I dont agree with the second idea, you can't make it so that if you use a scroll you find 50% more herbs.... but maybe you use a scroll and it shows on mini map where they are, OR have a chance of getting more from one group (instead of 1-2 for mats and 2-3 for herbs, 3-4 mats and 4-5 herbs or something like that)
  • pobje
    pobje Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I'd rather just have an area that only your character can see.... Which has a certain herb that you need to farm. :P
  • Angel__sora - Sanctuary
    Angel__sora - Sanctuary Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I was told that resource gathering speeds up with level. The level of WHAT is beyond me, though.

You have a 90% chance to find the normal amount (2 for herbs, 1 for everything else) when you mine and a 10% to get one extra.
    One man's pain is another man's lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Taranta - Dreamweaver
    Taranta - Dreamweaver Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I was told that resource gathering speeds up with level. The level of WHAT is beyond me, though.

You have a 90% chance to find the normal amount (2 for herbs, 1 for everything else) when you mine and a 10% to get one extra.

When you reach the level required to gather the next resource tier, the speed of gathering all previous tiers increases. Therefore, a level 60 will be much faster gathering nectar, for example, than a level 20.
    I shall dominate the Dreamweaver server through the use of Baked goods...and only baked goods.^^[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Venomancers are Female. Barbarians are male. It will forever be this way. So suck it up and deal with it already.
  • oxytorch
    oxytorch Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    When you reach the level required to gather the next resource tier, the speed of gathering all previous tiers increases. Therefore, a level 60 will be much faster gathering nectar, for example, than a level 20.

Why have they made it like that? It would be common sense to make it the other way around as a lvl 20 would need nectar more than a lvl 60 would. Weird..
    b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry We love this game STOP RUINING IT !! b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry

"Sometimes the strongest are the ones that walk away . Enough is Enough ".
  • Lairian - Sanctuary
    Lairian - Sanctuary Posts: 8,209 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    oxytorch wrote: »
    Why have they made it like that? It would be common sense to make it the other way around as a lvl 20 would need nectar more than a lvl 60 would. Weird..

Actually, it makes more sense for higher lvl's to farm lower lvl herbs quicker. Since at higher lvl your farming higher end stuff, it makes it easier to gather up the lower end stuff, so it takes you less time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be nice to people
  • Flixix - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Ah yes I also meant to add in that idea of making herbs show up on the mini map.

Well I hope someday at least some part of this idea would come to the game.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    oxytorch wrote: »
    Actually, it makes more sense for higher lvl's to farm lower lvl herbs quicker. Since at higher lvl your farming higher end stuff, it makes it easier to gather up the lower end stuff, so it takes you less time.

because you farmed so darn many of them (me has had like 200 of every herb in PWI up to me level except high grade herbs) you know how to pull em from the ground in mere seconds.
    b:chuckle

what me don't get is how a herb can overpower you...a person who can kill giant monsters in seconds.
    (o.o)'

also me like your ideas.
    =O me farm a boatload of herbs and would wuv to get them faster (usually end up being interrupted by wandering mobs since me take so long with the higher grade mats.) b:sad
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Flixix - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Ah yes see being a Veno I am lucky as I can keep watch for mobs and if one comes to close I set my pet to attack it, either killing it or keeping it busy till I am done ;)