Nerf Purge/Debuff

12345679»

Comments

• MisaRemm - Lost City
    MisaRemm - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    bunchocrap wrote: »
    I dont have to prove anything. The fact I am knowledgeable of the game and know how devastating Purge is, proves I know more than you do.

The fact you only purge when "convenient" also proves how ignorant you are. Like i said before, I could very well be a Veno, but I'm going to keep that a secret because people always love to judge and criticize.

Unfortunately your the ignorant individual. You shouldn't accuse and assume that just because someone avatar has a level other than 9x, he/she does not know what they are talking about. Apparently u need to be 9x in TW to be able to speak . Well hers a hint my ignorant OP. If you have not played the older version of Perfect World , you shouldn't go around saying every post that says purge is not broken etc as invalid or wrong just because YOU think it is.

Many players have migrated from other versions of PW and do have 9x+ toons including Venomancers. So in all fairness, if u refuse to accept what others say and insist on making YOUR points the only valid ones here, please refrain from opening threads to discuss "topics". , it shows that your just here to have only YOUR opinion valid.

If you want to belittle others and tell them they are low level, When you have played the older versions of PW and have level 9x toon, THEN and ONLY then, you can make a statement like that. Many of PWI players have played a previous version of PW, they do have experience and knowledge about what they speak off.

Regardless of my avatar, I do have more experience than you playing PW because i HAVE played at least 2 other versions of PW before PWI was released. Honestly your making yourself look like a total idiot ( sorry to say) because you refuse to accept what others say also has valid point. PURGE has it pros and cons and in PVP, , it is not used Too "instant kill" an opponent, its a skill which is used to "SUPPORT" allies by removing the POSITIVE buffs from an opponent. This is not a DEBUFF, it does not give negative status effect, it just removes the POSITIVE BUFFS which an opponent has. Draw back, is that you need to be in a certain range and in fox form to pull this off, which makes it more viable to use it when in a party pvping e.g TW.

No player will stand around and look at a fox veno running toward them because they will know to avoid PURGE by kiteing . Everyone who pvps learns what skills to try and avoid from each class, PURGE is no different.
    I'll leave you so maybe you can figure it out. PURGE is not Offensive, its a Defensive support skill. It is rarely used offensively in PVP GO participate in large TW as a veno with a organised guild. Then maybe you will see that PURGE is the least used skill on the offensive. It is used as a support defensive skill to help bring down tough players.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    aha! ok now i understand why he is QQ ing. ty for the explanation.b:victory

a lvl 91 on a pvp server
    too bad its a veno or else s/he would meet the OP requirements to who he will listen tob:surrender
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I guess there are multiple ways to view "debuff". That it actually lowers your self stats like Devour, or "de" (takes away) buffs. Whichever the case, that isn't important at all. It takes away all buffs. Everything. Bleed does insanely more damage, Pecks do 3x as much, etc when a target is purged.

I never seen you post before, who are you?
    like i've said, in many years of gaming experience this is not the only game having this kind of skill. people get confused this skill with a debuff when in fact it is a buff canceling. it doesnt lower your stats from previous state (w/o buffs) and you dont have a debuff status... people who played other games can confirm that. every game has a debuffer class, usually the summoner class.
    you can protect yourself from bleed and also remove bleed, if that doesnt help i dont know what else can you ask for.
    doesnt matter who i am in a purge discussion thread, not like you are here for that long to know me.
  • LinZeta - Lost City
    LinZeta - Lost City Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I agree. Venos are the biggest leading hands. Aka OP.

OKAY:

1)Venos have the lowest magic attack out of the three magic classes, UNLESS they highly refine their weapon.
    2)If a veno decides to go LA, or Heavy, then that's just more weapon refine aka tons of time and money to drop to compensate for damage. SO with that being said, yes you will get dropped by a veno with GOOD gear if they manage to debuff you.
    3)BUT, that DOES NOT MEAN you can't take them down. Every other class has advantages over venos. IF, they don't see you coming they are screwed.
    4)Robe veno's are so easy to drop. I'm a robe veno, if I don't debuff and anti-stun pot, I'm screwed.
    5)Our debuff skills are FAIRLY balanced in regards to the other classes. We have NOT ONE buff of our own that makes us have an advantage (EA=evasion, movement/WR=increased def/WB=increased HP, phy attack, accuracy/EP=what the hell don't they have?/WIZ=increased def (elem/def)). We have a lame bramble guard/hood that doesn't even work correctly. THEREFORE a skill like purge, makes things EVEN.
  • Annastasia - Lost City
    Annastasia - Lost City Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Finally someone with common sense on a PVP SERVER

PVP server here. non-veno. you are a moron. purge is not broken. learn to play nub.
  • Tisa - Dreamweaver
    Tisa - Dreamweaver Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    1v1 =/= mass pvp

In mass pvp i have just as good of a chance of getting 3-4 shot by an archer or wizard than you have of getting purged. Yet you don't see me running around the forums yelling ''OMG, BT shouldn't crit, it's too much!!1!''.
  • Dimitri - Lost City
    Dimitri - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Finally someone with common sense on a PVP SERVER

funny you had to quote devoted the troll to find even 1 single person that supported your idiotic ideas.

btw PVP server here and you must really suck if purge is that much of a problem for you...learn to play.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    kenlee wrote: »
    like i've said, in many years of gaming experience this is not the only game having this kind of skill. people get confused this skill with a debuff when in fact it is a buff canceling. it doesnt lower your stats from previous state (w/o buffs) and you dont have a debuff status... people who played other games can confirm that. every game has a debuffer class, usually the summoner class.
    you can protect yourself from bleed and also remove bleed, if that doesnt help i dont know what else can you ask for.
    doesnt matter who i am in a purge discussion thread, not like you are here for that long to know me.

I said this and he called me stupid QQb:cry
    PVP server here. non-veno. you are a moron. purge is not broken. learn to play nub.

I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    MARRY ME!
    OP she is lvl 9x+, pvp server and not a veno =D
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
  • bunchocrap
    bunchocrap Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Unfortunately your the ignorant individual. You shouldn't accuse and assume that just because someone avatar has a level other than 9x, he/she does not know what they are talking about. Apparently u need to be 9x in TW to be able to speak . Well hers a hint my ignorant OP. If you have not played the older version of Perfect World , you shouldn't go around saying every post that says purge is not broken etc as invalid or wrong just because YOU think it is.

Lol, I never said it was because of the avatar. I assumed (and knew) by the way they gave their argument, they are someone from a PvE server, a low level, and who doesn't know what i'm talking about.

What does PW: MY have to do with anything? I could have very well played on MY, and even 1 year + on this version would be a sufficient amount of experience.

I'm only saying their posts are invalid because they "have no idea what i'm talking about", "Having experienced mass pvp" etc. God I feel like a broken record.

If you want to belittle others and tell them they are low level, When you have played the older versions of PW and have level 9x toon, THEN and ONLY then, you can make a statement like that. Many of PWI players have played a previous version of PW, they do have experience and knowledge about what they speak off.

I seriously doubt anyone who I have "belittled" ITT has played MY or have had experience with 9x mas pvp. I dont judge a book by its cover, I've read what these people have had to say, and THEN I responded accordingly. Stop assuming.
    Regardless of my avatar, I do have more experience than you playing PW because i HAVE played at least 2 other versions of PW before PWI was released. Honestly your making yourself look like a total idiot ( sorry to say) because you refuse to accept what others say also has valid point. PURGE has it pros and cons and in PVP, , it is not used Too "instant kill" an opponent, its a skill which is used to "SUPPORT" allies by removing the POSITIVE buffs from an opponent. This is not a DEBUFF, it does not give negative status effect, it just removes the POSITIVE BUFFS which an opponent has. Draw back, is that you need to be in a certain range and in fox form to pull this off, which makes it more viable to use it when in a party pvping e.g TW.

Sorry to say, but I dont know who you are (ITT). If you want to argue about my points in the OP, then do it. Boasting about how long you've been playing this game doesn't make you "better" in any case.

Uh, Purge is defensive or offensive, depends on what one does with it. That isn't even worth aruging.

I've said it takes away buffs, not actually taking away base buffs.
    No player will stand around and look at a fox veno running toward them because they will know to avoid PURGE by kiteing . Everyone who pvps learns what skills to try and avoid from each class, PURGE is no different.
    I'll leave you so maybe you can figure it out. PURGE is not Offensive, its a Defensive support skill. It is rarely used offensively in PVP GO participate in large TW as a veno with a organised guild. Then maybe you will see that PURGE is the least used skill on the offensive. It is used as a support defensive skill to help bring down tough players.

In mass pvp, its really really really easy to sneak up on someone and purge. Its' SO EASY TO PURGE. What are you venomancers complaining about?

TW is different than mass pvp. Of course purge will be used differently?

So far you've made no valid points or any sort of argument.
  • ChaseyLain - Lost City
    ChaseyLain - Lost City Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    funny you had to quote devoted the troll to find even 1 single person that supported your idiotic ideas.

btw PVP server here and you must really suck if purge is that much of a problem for you...learn to play.

thats because it is devoted you dumb ****. no one else would waste this much time trolling the forums over such an idiotic subject that everyone knows is just fine the way it is.

you want OP? how about mages who can pretty much 1 shot EVERYONE in the entire game.

this thread is now about OP mages.

/thread locked for talking about nurfing mages.
  • bunchocrap
    bunchocrap Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    thats because it is devoted you dumb ****. no one else would waste this much time trolling the forums over such an idiotic subject that everyone knows is just fine the way it is.

you want OP? how about mages who can pretty much 1 shot EVERYONE in the entire game.

xD

Mages in any game are "powerful". But die quickly.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited November 2009

but i cannot imagine Devoted sounding so crude. he/she may go on raging rants about lots of things on archer forums...archers going sage, wearing Aqua Viciousness at 8x, using DoTs, and being bad in general, but he/she never goes "GTFO" when someone disagrees b:surrender

(watch next post Devoted says "GTFO QUI" b:sweat)
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • MisaRemm - Lost City
    MisaRemm - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Lol, I never said it was because of the avatar. I assumed (and knew) by the way they gave their argument, they are someone from a PvE server, a low level, and who doesn't know what i'm talking about.

What does PW: MY have to do with anything? I could have very well played on MY, and even 1 year + on this version would be a sufficient amount of experience.

I'm only saying their posts are invalid because they "have no idea what i'm talking about", "Having experienced mass pvp" etc. God I feel like a broken record.

I seriously doubt anyone who I have "belittled" ITT has played MY or have had experience with 9x mas pvp. I dont judge a book by its cover, I've read what these people have had to say, and THEN I responded accordingly. Stop assuming.

Sorry to say, but I dont know who you are (ITT). If you want to argue about my points in the OP, then do it. Boasting about how long you've been playing this game doesn't make you "better" in any case.

Uh, Purge is defensive or offensive, depends on what one does with it. That isn't even worth aruging.

I've said it takes away buffs, not actually taking away base buffs.

In mass pvp, its really really really easy to sneak up on someone and purge. Its' SO EASY TO PURGE. What are you venomancers complaining about?

TW is different than mass pvp. Of course purge will be used differently?

So far you've made no valid points or any sort of argument.

You only prove my pint that your parading as an intellectual person when truly your not. Go back READ and UNDERSTAND my post. it did not STRESS on the length of time a player has been playing. I clearly refereed to the "experience" a player has with PW. I did not state i have played different versions to "boast" it was to let you know that there are people who DO NOT POST unnecessary . NO ONE CARES if you or I has other toons on other versions. and btw i never said i played PWMY-EN , it just proves your ignorance in just making YOU POINT valid. there are other versions of PW out there. I will reply and answer if i choose to. tis is a PUBLIC FORUM , ( means it is not your forum) you don't like other opinions, don;t read, stop posting all your doing with every reply u give atleast most is making yourself into more of an ignorant fool.

Have a nice day and to all others out there imo, forget this moron , i refuse to lower myself to his petty standard. its having a discussion with ab inanimate object. nothing of validity you say will ne heard.

b:victory
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    xD

Mages in any game are "powerful". But die quickly.

I dont die fast
    Neither do 9x mages
    or 10x mages

so....LETS QQ ABOUT WIZZIES! SOMETHING NEW PLOX
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    I dont die fast
    Neither do 9x mages
    or 10x mages

so....LETS QQ ABOUT WIZZIES! SOMETHING NEW PLOX

hey, archer forum is that way b:bye

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited November 2009

but why do people QQ about a bird when you have this that has aoes and an actual brain instead of programming controlling it>http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=76977960271230ef

Excuse me if i am being trolled but you do realize a nix only costs 200 dollars?
    That weapon alone costs 8x the amount.

edit: why the **** would you think that's me? i only post on 1 account.

edit2: gtfo qui b:bye

edit3:

I don't care enough to complain about purge. I gave my opinion seven hundred and sixty two pages back and you nut riders are still clinging on. Pwi won't change **** to balance anything. Look at archers, I'm sure the two new classes will imbalance this game even more.

And for the people complaining that the 1 spark will inconvenience their pve. I don't even know what to say.
  • Paytah - Lost City
    Paytah - Lost City Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    the thing that surprises me most about this thread is that it hasn't been closed yet :P all i see is constant flaming. anyway back to topic i pvp alot and get pked alot ive had purge used on me maybe once or twice its not a big deal i quickly rebuff and use my apothecary hp pot(im blanking right now i cant remember what its called it recovers 6000 hp in 30 sec) and im pretty much back to were i started and maybe a little better cuz as im getting hit it is essentially absorbed by the fact that im recovering some decent hp
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009

Archers dont count, they are easy kills >.>
    Excuse me if i am being trolled but you do realize a nix only costs 200 dollars?
    That weapon alone costs 8x the amount.

edit: why the **** would you think that's me? i only post on 1 account.

edit3:

I don't care enough to complain about purge. I gave my opinion seven hundred and sixty two pages back and you nut riders are still clinging on. Pwi won't change **** to balance anything. Look at archers, I'm sure the two new classes will imbalance this game even more.

And for the people complaining that the 1 spark will inconvenience their pve. I don't even know what to say.

Its a sexy weapon thoughb:cute
    Imagine using sage BIDS with it b:dirty
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    b:cry
    Archers dont count, they are easy kills >.>

but that's where the wizard QQ is, go and feed on it
  • Devoted - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    There are much better weapons imo.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    b:cry

but that's where the wizard QQ is, go and feed on it

I do....i need moreb:chuckle
    There are much better weapons imo.

For a sage wizard trying to stack lots of crits there is(in order from best and most expensive to ok and cheap):
    Rank 8
    Sinrabansho
    Inferno Heaven Ravager Souless
    Scaredevil

Unless my guild funds rank 8 for me or farms sinrabansho, Im stuck with IHRS :P
  • Devoted - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    By the time you are 99, cv wand will be the common weapon.
  • BeastBuff - Harshlands
    BeastBuff - Harshlands Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    For a sage wizard trying to stack lots of crits there is(in order from best and most expensive to ok and cheap):
    Rank 8
    Sinrabansho
    Inferno Heaven Ravager Souless
    Scaredevil

Unless my guild funds rank 8 for me or farms sinrabansho, Im stuck with IHRS :P

you forgot a few.
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/20402
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/20394

both of them>all other weapons combined.

mage=OP
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    "Yawn" Another omg-venos-are-op-nerf-them-plox- post. Thank goodness the new classes are coming out to take the OP position.

IJS, TBH, IMO

P.S: I'll be surprised if after the expansion venos are still op.
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    obviously, the OP is a whiner who took on a veno, who wiped the floor with him.

crybaby....
    I think many of us can agree, Venomancer's Purge is absolutely the most broken skill in the game.

Lets list the pros:
    1) Purge has a VERY quick cast time.

2) Nearly impossible to dodge unless immune* or a perfectly timed Wizard distance shrink/Blademaster jump. Not to mention venomancers have up to 4? simultaneous stuns/freezes.(Lucky, hell Frost, Genie skills, Pounce)

3) Debuffs literally every single buff without fail.

4) Cool down is tolerable and is spammable.

5) Has no downside effect, for example Elemental Seal on a Cleric.

6) Purge is NOT of the Wood element, so Anti-Wood Genie skills are useless.

*absolute domain, various immune pots

Cons

1) Have to be in fox form (big deal) and 10 meters away (big deal)

2) That's basically it.

In PvP:

My suggestions to fix purge are the following:

1) Have a longer cast.

2) Some kind of downside effect, ei: Armor break, Mdef decrease, SOMETHING.

3) And probably the biggest suggestion: Only removing 1-3 RANDOM buffs when successfully purged. Not EVERY single buff.

4) Probably a stupid suggestion, but a chance to fail purge.

EDIT: 5) Have Purge cost 1 spark (Thanks devoted)
    ~

Tell me what you all think, I hope the devs read this. I know its probably impossible to change the game mechanics of this ridiculous skill, but I'm just getting the idea across.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    By the time you are 99, cv wand will be the common weapon.

No thanks,
    the wand is nice but i like my spike damage so sword plz
    you forgot a few.
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/20402
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/20394

both of them>all other weapons combined.

mage=OP

1) Neither of those weapons add crit
    2)I would take rank 8 over a warsoul any day. You wanna know why?
    a. Mysto Caster SUCKS! The damage difference between mysto caster and nature talker is 1k(without reductions) minimum damage and 200(without reductions) maximum but mysto doesnt add 4% crit rate so...NT :P
    b. single butterfly is truly a beautiful weapon. but once again, no crit QQ and the damage difference is about 2k(without reductions) so ya NT.
    c. rank 8 is cheaper and easier to get than a warsoul
    d. NT will one shot everyone anyway so why bother with the other stuffs?
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I find it ironic how OP states those below 90 and who aren't on a PvP server are idiots who don't know what they're talking about.... yet claimed to be a level 60 wiz on Dreamweaver.

That's not above 90.
    That's not a PvP server.
    By OP's own logic, s/he is an idiot who has no clue what s/he is talking about.
  • andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Well, this has been open long enough.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.