Crashing

Options
lilyuffie
lilyuffie Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Support Desk
I keep crashing when I'm on PWI.
Sometimes I don't even have to be logged into the game
and I'll crash. If I do make it into the game, it's only for like 10 minutes before I crash again. After I crash, a gray box appears that says I have a software issue and to send in a report. b:surrender What's up with that.
Post edited by lilyuffie on

Comments

• darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I'm going to need some more information from you about your computer.

Find out what the model number for your PC is. Check the documentation that came with your PC, or look on the back or bottom of your PC for the model Number.

Please tell us the manufacturer's name of your system too! (Like HP, Dell, Toshiba, etc.)

Next, go to Start, click on Run (or Search if using Vista/7), and type in dxdiag and press enter.

Click on the Display tab, and then post here everything in the Device and Drivers boxes:
    dxdiag.jpg

Thanks!
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • lilyuffie
    edited November 2009
    Options
    untitled2.jpg
    Model:Compaq Presario S6300NX
    My manufacturer is Compaq.
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    That video chipset is not powerful enough to run the game decently/doesn't meet our minimum system requirements.

However, on the game launcher screen, click on Settings, select Windowed mode, turn down and off everything else on the graphics, and run in 800x600 resolution, and you might be able to play.

Please see our system requirements for future reference.

Bottom of page here: http://pwi.perfectworld.com/download
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • lilyuffie
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I don't think that the video card is the problem though; I still crash even when the starting client is opening and heading towards the log in screen.

Thanks for the help anyways though. :S
This discussion has been closed.