So, what's been going on in PW over the last year?

Xanthir - Sanctuary
Xanthir - Sanctuary Posts: 100 Arc User
edited November 2009 in General Discussion
Well, it's been over a year since I last played PW, due to this year being my final year of school, but exams are almost over and I'm going to play PW again!

But before I dive into the diverse and exciting world that is PW, I was wondering what changes and updates have happened since I last visited!

When I left, Rebirth Gamma (the one that needs a lvl 79 barb?) was all the rage, and fairies were still considered new.

I'm guessing that the price of gold has increased, we've got new mounts, and that there have been other updates.

Who wants to enlighten me? ;)
Post edited by Xanthir - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Ceshiari - Sanctuary
    Ceshiari - Sanctuary Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Anni packs

'nuff said
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pegasi - Lost City
    Pegasi - Lost City Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Well.... let's see.... they are going to add two new classes soon, so you are coming back right before a big expansion, some sort of big community questing thing... not sure about much else. All there is after that are some new mounts and CS stuff; they nerfed the genies though, so if you had one might want to check that.
    No new areas yet- but they did put in something called Frostcovered City(?) for 85+ Legendary weapons and such.

I'm sure a higher level player has more of a scoop for you, I never really did a lot of high level stuff on my main. XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When Saukey decides she can swim, I know I didn't get the DC pop-up again. Wish she swam when it matters.
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    They've started a new experiment. How fast can you ruin an MMORPG.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Genies have been through a couple of iterations - the best skills were found, then nerfed.

Anniversary boxes have given cash-shoppers access to end-game equipment, and thrown the economy into an uproar.
    Gems are very cheap now.

Rebirth is still a rage.
    There's been a new dungeon added.
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    Damewort - Sanctuary Posts: 573 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    PWI is going through pubertity stage with all is rebelliousness ^^

Year in short:
    New fashion, New mounts, genies, new instances, cow shops, upcoming expansion with new classes, more glitches, sky high gold prices, packs with end game gear for only 1 gold, PWI's 3rd anniversary, mass leaving, mass crying, mass raging, some thanking...
  • Xanthir - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Cool thanks guys, anyone care to go into detail over any of the major things such as the anniversary packs? It would be greatly appreciated. :)

EDIT: Also, can someone explain to me what BH is?
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    BH is bounty hunt - a new daily quest for 40+ where you're assigned an FB boss to go kill.

40+ always gets assigned to kill Qingzi in FB29.
    50+ get either Farren Sereneti or Hercule Trioc in FB39.
    60+ get Fushma or Wyvern in FB51, or Zimo in FB59.
    70+ get Qianji or Drake in FB59, or Pyro in FB69.
    80+ get Gaurnob or Polearm in FB69, or Stygean Quartermaster in fb79 (not sure if they get any others, sort of doubt it.)
    Somebody 90+ can chime in with what bosses they get.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Ixiel - Sanctuary
    Ixiel - Sanctuary Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Cool thanks guys, anyone care to go into detail over any of the major things such as the anniversary packs? It would be greatly appreciated. :)

EDIT: Also, can someone explain to me what BH is?

http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Anniversary_Box

Not going to say any more than that for fear this will turn into another thread gabbing endlessly about the Packs, but I advise you to check out the Anni Pack discussion thread stickied at the top of the forum.

Sometime "soon" there is to be another expansion, Rising Tide. The big feature of this expansion is the new marmaiden and merman race, the Tideborn. They hold two two new Assassin and Psychic classes.

Assassins are your typical sneaky, ninja/rogue PK class. Psychics are kinda of shamanistic, and seem to have some good spells to combat other casters.

There will be new dungeons, but not with the release of the new expansion.

The release date of the expansion is unkonwn, but there's speculation it will be sometime this month.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=466152
    A B and C, abandoned but controlled.
    M can't you see? Half of me was sold.
    X Y and Z, Xerox your zombies then
    there's nothing here but
    Life 1 0 1.
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    When I left, Rebirth Gamma (the one that needs a lvl 79 barb?) was all the rage, and fairies were still considered new.
    -EDIT -

Nevermind, I mistook "fairies" for "Genies". D'oh!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Xanthir - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    are genies the one that use EXP cubes? if so, then I meant genie! it's been a while, all my terminology is rusty.
  • Raydoit - Sanctuary
    Raydoit - Sanctuary Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I remember you b:victory

Don't worry a lvl 79 barb is still very good and needed all over. See ya in game bud b:cool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

See its black and white now. It means I quit! How poetic and stuff.