Don't you hate it when...

Narriru - Dreamweaver
Narriru - Dreamweaver Posts: 325 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Venomancer
Other venos bring their gynormous pets (Deathknights, Shieldbearers, Cragrock warriors, etc) into west arch? I mean, honestly, its laggy enough right? T.T Grats to them and all for having a high level, but does anyone get kinda annoyed when they do that? x.x
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Narriru - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• nicoleluver
    nicoleluver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Bet you'd be doing the same thing once you turn 90 and tame a Glacier Snowman thingy or whatever. Anyways, people often fail to think of the lag they create since they have high end systems, agreed on that point.

I always made it a point to unsummon my pet in a City something like a rule that I made for myself. besides the lag, it reduces the visibility and i just could imagine how someone else getting in the way of my pet would feel, kinda annoyed... Well, Too bad not all venos get to follow basic common sense.

What annoyed me most was some really dumb venos with Uber Large Useless Pets that they used in TT... TT already has huge **** bosses and add the Huge **** pets to this mess and that's just @_@... Some Venos are dumb -_-;
  • Narriru - Dreamweaver
    Narriru - Dreamweaver Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Yup, those TT bosses are HUUUGE. If i didnt know about the shift + click method Id be running all around the place attempting to target a mob I needed to kill/tame.

I remember one time when I was trying to tame a kowlin about 4 other venos had one, and as soon as it spawned they all sent theirs on it. I had such a hard time finding the actual Kowlin, and I ended up targeting it as it was tamed T.T
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Taranta - Dreamweaver
    Taranta - Dreamweaver Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Annoying, but not as bad as the ones who go to City of the Lost to try to scare the nubs. I don't really think that this works...but they feel awesome doing it, so at least they had fun with it.
    I shall dominate the Dreamweaver server through the use of Baked goods...and only baked goods.^^[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Venomancers are Female. Barbarians are male. It will forever be this way. So suck it up and deal with it already.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Gives the littlest veno's something to look forward to.

Deathknights in TT Act2 are somewhat meaner...
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Heh I remember getting bored enough sometimes to go to city of the lost. I'd place my deathnight, 9 tailed fox, sheildbearer or that little ice gremlin thing in the middle of the town and then hide. The comments you get from nubs seeing them is funny :D

But yeah, I always found pets summoned in west arch to be a pain in the butt. Inconsiderate people. Not that genies are any better :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    what make me laugh is wf that rename these non factor pet ;)
    rename pet should be used for pvp pet only making it harder to know which pet is who
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]
  • Mystiwarrior - Sanctuary
    Mystiwarrior - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I don't get annoyed I just wonder what the point is especially those in their 20s with their C-V-Mags.
  • JollyJaguar - Sanctuary
    JollyJaguar - Sanctuary Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Im always on my mount in west. Does that cause lag also? lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vidalaire - Heavens Tear
    Vidalaire - Heavens Tear Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    No, mounts don't cause lag. When you turn off character sprites, mounts disappear too. However, Pets don't. I never have a pet out when I'm in a city. Absolutely no reason for it. But it's not just Venos who are guilty of this. Much more often, it's another class with an all-class pet sitting out there in everyone's way. Seriously, do you really need to have that fowl or butterfly out when you're waiting next to the CS NPCs.

Worse than having a pet out, are those morons who think it's a good idea to duel in West Arch. You pick the laggiest place in the whole game and decide to make it worse by dueling. Anywhere else would be a better choice.
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    Sevas - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    When a Cleric thinks they know everything about Venos. When they try to tell me how to play my character and tell me I'm wrong. When squad members freak out over bramble. If you don't say diddly then I will buff you as it pleases me. Don't worry, I can take agro off of you faster than bramble can generate it.
  • JollyJaguar - Sanctuary
    JollyJaguar - Sanctuary Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    When a Cleric thinks they know everything about Venos. When they try to tell me how to play my character and tell me I'm wrong. When squad members freak out over bramble. If you don't say diddly then I will buff you as it pleases me. Don't worry, I can take agro off of you faster than bramble can generate it.

I thought that this wasnt a "Dont you hate it when... (fill in your most annoying experience)" thread xD
    But yea I agree with u
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Feruta - Heavens Tear
    Feruta - Heavens Tear Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I usually have my nix out, because pretty much all I do is World Quest and CS, and I like to have it on defense mode in case I land near a mob.
  • Bellamontage - Lost City
    Bellamontage - Lost City Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    It's annoying when anyone has their huge pets out in arch, all class pets included. I only have my pet out in west arch if I wanna get it's lloyalty up, and even then its only my fly pets, otherwise I don't because it lags my own computer more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nerd by Nature
  • kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    because its a huge pet doesnt mean it cause more lag
    a huge 3D model pet has the same number of poligons like a small pet, your video card is doing nothing more for huge pets. or you can probably say that small pets are causing more lag since huge pets cover some poligons behind (players/etc) and dont have to be displayed
    of course the amount of lag is more when pets are summoned and genies and whatever
  • kargor
    kargor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Archosaur just is too heavily loaded, pets or not. I don't even notice pets in terms of annoyance, I'm more annoyed by people sitting and flying on their huge mounts around the banker, making it difficult to click on him. Or people opening shops or just being AFK "on top of" any NPC.

Luckily, Archosaur is completely misdesigned as people apparently tend to clutter in just the West area. Relocating to one of the other areas "fixes" most problems (although back when I started those other areas were "really deserted", while nowadays other people have the same idea...).

Myself, I never have a pet out unless I'm actually fighting stuff. Money is hard enough to come by in Perfect World, no need to waste the water.
    Yindra --- Lvl 64 Venomancer (Sanctuary)
    Getting too grindy by now :-(