I remember the good ol' days...

Comments

• Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    when i lusted after Ayano-chan thinking she was a girl b:dirtyb:chuckle
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • TheGodOfVVar - Sanctuary
    TheGodOfVVar - Sanctuary Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I'm sure others felt the same about Asterelle. b:chuckle
  • OOSNOWFOXOo - Sanctuary
    OOSNOWFOXOo - Sanctuary Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    When I was below level 35 and had quests....
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    When I was below level 35 and had quests....

hey snow, this is what aya looked like before she more or less quitted:

http://s568.photobucket.com/albums/ss128/naix20oO/ayanoresized2.jpg

b:dirty
    I'm sure others felt the same about Asterelle. b:chuckle

o ya totally...we were thinking about marriage (AsterIIe and Quilue, QuiIue and Asterelle, ok maybe just me) til gold shot through the roof XD
    wait who are you??
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    good job on 90 qui o:.

i dont really miss much, i still feel this game is wonderful. just because there are a few bumps in the road, theres nothing inhibiting me from enjoying what -i- have, what -ive- accomplished. i have a nice set of friends who'll pat me on the back for it, and thats all i need. i dont need to be some server god, or pvp monster, or famous drama queen. all i need to know is that i enjoy my game, and that the only negative experience is the fact people complain over meaningless stuff.

we dont need this drama, so what if the gold is high, thats all just luxury, not necesity. i dont think that things like regeneration aura/barrage/dragons breath etc were meant to be spammed to **** charms, you dont need fashion, or mounts, they are just bonuses to make a good game better.

yeah, so i sounds kinda like a company buttkisser, but whatever, i really love this game, and ill be playing it a while :P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Blackvoid - Sanctuary
    Blackvoid - Sanctuary Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    i mis it when people faction lvl reqs werent lvl 80+ and when the map wasnt blood red with maybe five territories that werent

as well while i hate to say it i miss the days of db being in charge and me being a carefree goofoff trying to make it to his lvl was just uber fun to have something to think you could work hard at not go cash shop and be there

and lastly i miss people griping about ksing while it was annoying to get ksed im uber tired of hearing about oracle noobs and their lame builds
    i am the dark meaningless void that fills all of your souls.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • trufflelove
    trufflelove Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    When Santa was skinny and didn't have a beard...

Oh wait, too far back.

I wanna say when people didn't QQ about gold prices, but they have for a year.

How about this... when GMs had too much time on their hands.

When people worked for what they had?

When Central Arch was always empty and North, south, east arch had but a handful of people.

When people did Friendship Quests for exp and rep... Though to get the rep part was difficult since no one ever brought back the stones, even after you asked them and they said yes. b:angry Easy 5~10 rep a day.

When people found it fun to run around it default fashion =o Everyone seems so ashamed of it now they'd rather wear their ugly miss matched armors instead.

The list goes on and on.
  • Ryanea - Sanctuary
    Ryanea - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    When i did fb's with people of my level... was so awesome to acomplish it with a squad of 3 venos around lvl 20...

When the TW map was completely neutral, the struggle of factions to achieve the impossible, capture a territory... the hype when nef finally won one of the PvE TW's...

When there were no green glowng TT weps in archo, not a single one, and the awe i was in when i saw someone with one, it felt to unbelievable that someone had something like that...

When the good old gold prices were still around, when you were really able to grind money to buy fashions, mounts and charms...

And like most of other people said here, i miss the awesome feeling the game had, exploring and discovering so many things... and the poeple were so nice, WC was really a source of entertaiment...

I should thank KatieMorgan for making this thread, we all should i think... it's a fresh breeze of wind and a nostalgic trip to the past, good times... now when i read all of the posts here i see in fact how much has changed and how much has been lost, how much PW was fun to play...

So thank you KatieMorgan, really thank you =)
    Welcome, Ryanea - Sanctuary.
    You last visited: 12-31-1969 at 04:00 PM

Yay, i can travel in time =D
  • Kilala - Lost City
    Kilala - Lost City Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    llol at hisb:chuckle
  • Yaxana - Sanctuary
    Yaxana - Sanctuary Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    When I trully enjoyed playing the game and a few hours of grinding could get you some nice fashion. Now you need like a week. =P
  • trufflelove
    trufflelove Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    When i did fb's with people of my level... was so awesome to acomplish it with a squad of 3 venos around lvl 20...

When the TW map was completely neutral, the struggle of factions to achieve the impossible, capture a territory... the hype when nef finally won one of the PvE TW's...

When there were no green glowng TT weps in archo, not a single one, and the awe i was in when i saw someone with one, it felt to unbelievable that someone had something like that...

When the good old gold prices were still around, when you were really able to grind money to buy fashions, mounts and charms...

And like most of other people said here, i miss the awesome feeling the game had, exploring and discovering so many things... and the poeple were so nice, WC was really a source of entertaiment...

I should thank KatieMorgan for making this thread, we all should i think... it's a fresh breeze of wind and a nostalgic trip to the past, good times... now when i read all of the posts here i see in fact how much has changed and how much has been lost, how much PW was fun to play...

So thank you KatieMorgan, really thank you =)

To think, there will be little awe when someone gets a Warsoul weapon. Just a big L on their forehead. b:thanks
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    When I was first time killed.b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I remember the good old days when every other thread was with people complaining about the phoenix and how venos were the only class that could buy their "weapon" from the cash shop, and how they wish all the classes could do the same.... (back by popular demand....)

good old days....
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I don't miss much as I don't consider this game to be that old yet.I still play another rpg that is over 4 years old.

Someone else said it but FB squads on WC.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    When we flocked to west arch to see a wierd angel flying around someone (sage fairy).

When i didn't know what the cash shop was at lvl 40 (now get a popup @ lvl 10 telling u).

Being determined to get my 1st uber green glowing axes, and feeling so great about myself for farming them.

Going into a 1-1 with 1 lvl 60 and the rest lower, and get wiped, but kept comming back for more, not QQing about deaths, but laughing...drummer was so fun xD

Memories b:pleased
  • Caldaster - Lost City
    Caldaster - Lost City Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    ..... when Dull Claws was the most sold item.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Poor thing ... lucky me b:victory
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited November 2009

omg.. i remember those days.....
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    Damewort - Sanctuary Posts: 573 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I remember good ol' days...
    *when I bought gold for 105k each and thought it was expensive....
    *when pwi events was actually fun and not too oriented on money (Xmas event!)
    *when TW map had many colors
    *when you could see huge pking near or in SP with skillful players
    *when people gave detailed answers with out calling thread starter a noob or sent them to some link
    *when most of low levels was actually newbies, not high level players' alts
    *when Nef was recruiting lvl30+
    *when lvl60-70 was conisdered as high levels
    *when herc and nix was something special
    *when grass was greener, people was kinder and happier, air wasn't filled with rage...

Damn... this makes me want to move to someother completely new game, just coming out of closed beta status to experience it all again >.<
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    *when TW map had many colors
    This what I miss most of and all cities being neutral.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    *when people didn't spam in local chat.

Oh... wait... that never happened (but I can wish for it).
  • Alreatha - Sanctuary
    Alreatha - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    ... when people actually WORKED for their levels, instead of being powered by RB/BH.

Oh, and when gold prices were 100k+ b:chuckle
    b:chuckle ==> Abusing Legerity since Demonhood <== b:chuckle
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    When you had to get to 40 to get some free gold in Closed Beta, and knowing that I would never get there because I'm a lazy leveler, but cheering on the people who were trying to grind there...and watching them get PKed b:surrender

When I was in awe of anyone above level 60 and thought it was impossible to get. I miss being awed by everything in this game...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Coyote_Wise - Heavens Tear
    Coyote_Wise - Heavens Tear Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Back when a faction needed a good barb so bad they recruited a level 30 bowbarian and funded a rest and then ran him thru every boss they could get a quest for.

Abusing drugs to kill drummer with a level 60 cleric and a level 45 barbarian. Those were the days. Now it's blue balls and hercs instead of Rock powders and luck.
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Back when I'd chill out with a group of people, and several members of my Faction, trying to tame the Tabby Plumdrops, and that one day we actually managed to tame both of the spawns. We were so pumped in Faction Chat. And then I took the one I had, and gave it to a very close friend.

I remember the first time we did TT... It was me, a 60 Veno, and a whole bunch of us less than 60, trying to do TT1-1 solo. We were so epic that day. A handful of Venos, and a Barb, dying repeatedly, until we figured out that if we used Undines to alternate Threaten, we could actually keep the Golem up by spam healing.

I remember my old faction, how much fun it was, the friends I made, and the epic stories we created, before it finally crumbled underneath us.

I remember when my girlfriend decided to come out and meet me, when I was grinding on bunnies, only to end up dragging about 3 behind her. And I got to play her rescuing knight. b:cute

I remember the day I started the game, and actually took the time to read all the help messages, before meeting my then fiance, who met me at the gates of CotL with her Cat Veno.

I remember when she and my best friend did FB19 before we knew how to lure, using me as bait, so they could catch with their pets, when we were all less than 25.

I remember when my friend used to Rickroll world chat on a regular basis, and always got "Oh God, not you again."

I remember my first PKs, out near the Tabbies, when some white name kept shouting she was going to kill it, and didn't listen when I warned her that I would attack her if she did.

I remember when I finally hit 50, and could ride my Swiftshadow, which, at that point, was the fastest bird in the air, and flying beside my guild mate, who was always flying me around on his Israfel, because I was always so slow.

I remember taking on Luminoc Architect immediately after getting the quests done for the three previous bosses, with an army of 5 Venos, and a cleric, each with their own Golems, spam healing my Golem, because I was the one who got aggro.

I remember farming a Wheel of Fate in FB39 for a friend of mine, because he said he wanted it for his girlfriend.

I remember tanking Slitt, and having Wizards hovering in the air over me, because we had no clerics.

I remember taking on Slither for the first time, being the tank, and having a cleric heal me, with a cleric behind him, and a cleric behind her, so we could keep everyone awake.

I remember falling off Heaven's Tear, and landing on the Sword Tamer.

I remember being so afraid of Dismal Shade, and curious what the puppy in the side of the room would do.

I remember the GM events, and feeling so damned epic, taking on bosses I shouldn't have even been looking at, as a lowbie Veno.

I remember the Thanksgiving Event, and using the teles I got to show pride for the programming field by shouting "Hello World".

I remember the snowmen, and having some BM yell about the "Damned Archers" when I politely informed him I was a Veno with a bow.

I miss those days. Why can't they come back again?
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    Damewort - Sanctuary Posts: 573 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I remember times when I could actually catch Izzy online...

You can help me to get those times back ^^
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited November 2009

Mystical meat, dull claws and big bucks- you bankrupt me through dragon quests! b:cry
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • LinZeta - Lost City
    LinZeta - Lost City Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I remember when this game didn't **** me off....
  • Quuenia - Heavens Tear
    Quuenia - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I remember good old times when...uhmm:

First Jolly Old Jones event when i was a lowbie wizz that wanted to exchange an angel for Something Jolly was giving and i tought that angels dropped from mobs and grinded my **** for one of those. No wonder none dropped

The weeks i had to wayt till i had Chin, Dismal, Jewelscallen and Eyes of Krimson killed for quests when nobody on server had enaugh guts to tank them. The countless deaths at those bosses. And that one time when a RoC member offered to helped us but we said NO because we hated Roc ("Go away RoC" ftw b:bye).

First time we entered old Frostcover City and couldn't beleive how hard mobs in that cave were. We were drolling over the items that we could make there till we found out Lunar ones were better but we kinda died at the entrance at first mobs b:cry

First TT's 1-1 we did ..mostly for quests inside and we were shocked when we saw that bosses there did not have lvl but a questionmark. After countless deaths we killed Chentien and discovered first green mats and we tought we had something nobody on the server ever saw. Our personal little treasure b:cute

First time as winged elf flying around the map and swearing one day i will conquer every single area...kill every type of mob around there. First time in Cube of faith when i got inside and did not know how to get out. *ashamed*

Meeting all the great friends i once had, that now quitted the game. First TW's i was in when mobs wiped us out...we were trying the impossibile with a faction full of lvls 50-60. First FB's that i tried to solo and was oneshotted by the stupid cactopod at the entrance of elf FB 19 b:angry

GOD!! so many memories in one year of gaming...why do i feel that what the game ment for us back then will never come back and it does not feel the same for fresh ones that just start playing?
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited November 2009

Damn... this makes me want to move to someother completely new game, just coming out of closed beta status to experience it all again >.<

I tried that, didn't work. Players started out with insane greed.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Cervantia - Sanctuary
    Cervantia - Sanctuary Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I remember the good ol' days, when _____________________________.

... there was less q.q about gold prices in the forums.
    Cervantia BM 100 / Calivthel Cleric 101 / Davinella Archer 9x
    Kachengy Seeker 8x / Pianna Wizard 8x

I need neither goons nor powerleveling.
    Addicted to PW since Mai 09.
    Factionless.